Live Beginners Friday Event. . . Results.
Live Beginners Friday 26th November Event Results:
I didn’t want to clutter the main page with a results page so i’m updating this one 🙂
ROUND ROBIN Event Schedule – here
“Rounds” mean stages of the Round Robin, not in-game rounds.
After testing the new system for this event which doesn’t require everyone in party groups I am happy with the results. Lots of fun games between the players 🙂
Grizzly Adams had to leave at round 4 of the robin, and that is relfected in the table stages. Most ppl didn’t even notice.
Using xbox.com messaging system to communicate with everyone makes everything just like ggpo (or something). Took about 1 hour 40 for a round robin of 7 players.
Shinefist didn’t lose one game. . . beginner? 🙂
shinefist – 10 (individual game wins) – 0 (individual game losses)
xERELx – 10 – 3
NEOGM – 6 – 2
clientmonde81 – 5 – 9
Howtoread – 4 – 9
Grizzly Adams – 2 – 6
Gentle Parker – 2 – 8
Check Orochinagi.com soon for next event.?? This one was very short notice.
Reccomended by NEOGM gonna try and see what a Friday tournament is like with a new system that doesn’t rely on party groups:
QUICK and simple BEGINNERS Friday Tournament
I don’t expect a bigger turnout because of short notice, but want to try it out anyway. Anyone is welcome really pff, I will label this as a beginners tournament anyway. I will be busy with the brackets during the event.
Date of the tournament :
Friday 26 November 2010 at 21h00 GMT on xbox Live. Make sure you know your time region in your country to match.
Number of players :
Any into single elimnation.
To register leave a comment HERE with your gamertag and location.
Registration Example :
Gamertag : oRaNgEjUiCeFaN1994
Connection : ADSL 4 Mbits/s
– First replies get priority.
– On the day I will send u a text with the name of your opponent at 21:00 I will create a party which you can join.
– I will tell you the name of your opponent via text and also ask you to text me the winner and score (i.e. “winner NEOGM 2-1”)
– accept friends request with your opponent, you can leave the party to avoid lag from ppl talking and then rejoin if you want
– create a player match and play your opponent
– if party is full don’t worry I will text you the name of your opponent
– First to 2 wins for everything.
– Default settings in player match (60 seconds, no boss characters etc. EX Takuma/Robert allowed)
– Round Robin system based on wins (including rounds), draws = elimnation match.
– Can change characters during the tournament.
– Ping under 140 ideal. You will know this if you are a regular player.
– If it?s laggy, tough it up. Remember that we don?t all live in the same time zone. It sucks, but what can you do?
– If one player drops, that person forfeits the MATCH. You may still go for best out of 3 games.
– If both player drops, redo the match. If it happens a second time, it?ll count as a draw (meaning the games would be 1-1, and the last match will be a tie-breaker).
You don’t have to register to the forum, just leave a message on the main page and be on at the right time.