ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Re: KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

Post by fiol » Mon Oct 18, 2010 07:38

Kane317 wrote:
fiol wrote: thank you for the pics..i always loved to look at arcade pics.. anyway..you really have a lot of 13cabs at that arcade wow nice!
Same here, thanks for the pics. It reminds me how much I miss HK arcades.
yeah that!
i cant wait to go to China next year... dunno which KOF i ll find at the local arcades (Jinhua) but i'm down for everything

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Oct 20, 2010 09:05

Gravelneed
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
Currently Playing:KOF 2002UM, Arcana Heart 3, KOFXI, KOF98UM, NGBC, GGXXAC, SMT:Strange Journey

Post by Gravelneed » Tue Oct 26, 2010 16:46

Thanks for the vids Toxic.

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
PSN:Musolini187

Post by Musolini » Tue Oct 26, 2010 17:55

posting first time, cant remember my old account or username. anyway voted onthe 2k2um poll and was wondering if anybody here actually communitcates with snkp? if so, could we also do a petition to release the old ps2 collections, kof orochisaga and nests saga, ss anthology, ms collection and ff collection.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 20:58

It's easy to send messages to SNKP, it's hard to get a reply. My friend even sends messages in Japanese and gets no response. I don't believe SNKP USA have any any power when it comes to making decisions about production, but if there really are a lot of votes on the ps3 poll, I'll show them.

If you want to start petitions straight away, go for it - but I would have people write that they are committed to pre-ordering the game - not just "I'd like this game to be released". SNKP need contracts not cheap talkers

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Oct 26, 2010 21:41

http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=3387#more-3387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to TRIEU, KOFXIII for consoles in Q1 2011.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 22:16

SonicTempest wrote:http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=3387#more-3387

According to TRIEU, KOFXIII for consoles in Q1 2011.
Considering how this info seems to come from SNKP USA, who's endless amount of air bag promises I'm better off not remembering (like "Garou 2 is being worked on"), I better not even add a heap of salt to that comment before consuming.

Then again, I already have reserved enough cash for the console version har har, heck; I even had it stored from before the arcade one had a release date... So count me among those who are graciously waiting quietly for the prey to pop up from one of the cornersides of the screen (a la Duck Hunt!).
Gunsmith wrote:It's easy to send messages to SNKP, it's hard to get a reply. My friend even sends messages in Japanese and gets no response. I don't believe SNKP USA have any any power when it comes to making decisions about production, but if there really are a lot of votes on the ps3 poll, I'll show them.
As expected, in the end the only "Contact" that Orochinagi directly had with SNK was Gunsmith trying to snatch of some company exclusive carpets to later get caught by security... (well, it's not like most sites can tell any better).

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 23:57

As expected? Don't underestimate ye olde Gunsmith. I've stolen much better than security carpets from SNK :P

Anyhoo, I'm sure you've been reading the front page, with all the videos and photos of the trip to France to play XIII. If not, um... what are you waiting for?

I've put up a big report/analysis just now.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 21:38

Gunsmith wrote:As expected? Don't underestimate ye olde Gunsmith. I've stolen much better than security carpets from SNK :P

Anyhoo, I'm sure you've been reading the front page, with all the videos and photos of the trip to France to play XIII. If not, um... what are you waiting for?

I've put up a big report/analysis just now.
Gunny, instead of leaving comments on the front page, is there a thread somewhere that we can chime into and follow?

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Oct 27, 2010 22:42

But why not post on the front page?

If you want to discuss it, feel free to copy and paste it here. I didn't think there was much to say about it...

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:34

Gunsmith wrote:But why not post on the front page?

If you want to discuss it, feel free to copy and paste it here. I didn't think there was much to say about it...
Well sometimes those front post page gets pushed to the bottom and I have to search for "Paris" to even find it (this was before your second report) and it's easier than to going back to three different post (I think there were 3 posts) just to see if the comment section has been answered etc. No biggie though, I'll just go and check manually.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Oct 28, 2010 02:09

Funny you should mention the articles getting pushed down - I suppose it's because of XIII, but I haven't seen the site this busy since we were last on gamespy.

Also, there is the "recent entries" box that has the titles and links to the last 10 articles.

Well, for anyone else who missed it:
1st Report
http://orochinagi.com/2010/10/kof-xiii- ... mpressions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Report
http://orochinagi.com/2010/10/kof-xiii- ... 2nd-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3rd Report
http://orochinagi.com/2010/10/kof-xiii-analysis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the videos (not worth putting in the kof matches thread but there are some interesting things, like watching how the timing drives me crazy)
http://orochinagi.com/2010/10/kof-xiii- ... a-mythique" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 07:22

After my last post here, I went to reply to the comment section and noticed the recent comment box as well lol.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Oct 28, 2010 13:11

Honestly, that means the site isn't clear enough.

Well, I knew it was already but hoped people would get used to it - there's so much stuff in there!

If I were to go for the simple blog layout, then where would I put my links and pages and guides and stuff? xmad

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Oct 31, 2010 17:04

From the main page: Report from MichelS
KoF XIII has to live up to high expectations!
After so many years developing KoF XII and alienating their core fans it looks like SNKP doesn't have the luxury of another fiasco.

My approach here is a bit different as I've played the game few weeks after its release in Japan.
However at that time everybody was playing with their 2k2 characters; so long before all the videos you must have seen with mature's infinite combos, takuma/goro's bugs and Raiden dropkick.

It was quite nice to play against other french players few months later.
The verdict? The game feels fun and awesome!

All the idiotic features from KoF XII have been removed.
No more CC combos (always starting so randomly), the cheap combos (strong move, CD ...) or the stand C or D that was having such a high priority (Clark for example).

The game feels very much like XII due to its graphical style but I find the game style similar to KoF XI.
The combos timing are less lose than XII but smoother than KoF 98.

The EX moves are very interesting, they are not a simple version of the same move with more damaged but have significant changes.
Kyo's dragon punch is vertical and doesn't move forward so not more silly situation in the corner, or Maxima's sliding grab become a blockable move but will grab you in the air.

The damage scale seems fairly effective and long combos seeing in video looks futile for a serious match. Most the videos showing amazing damage often requires situation rarely possible in real matches.

However I have little fear that the ability to cancel any special moves with a DM or other moves will bring the rise of very cheap characters.

As every fighting game you have a top tiers (someone says K') and fun characters to play (kensou?). Hopefully the tiers wont be too harsh. It would be nice to not have have K', Raiden in every match :-)

Of course the game is in no mean perfect.
The biggest issue is the characters collisions, you notice this especially during the cross ups.
Nothing is more annoying that doing a cross up and landing in front of the opponent "magically" while you were obvious to far off. This is so frustrating when you are in the middle of your combos, and also when you are the one defending...
I m just afraid if this is not patched up the game will be considered being "too random" and doesn't qualify as a game serious enough for competition.
Minor details: I agree with gunsmith that the grab system from XII (ac) should have been kept.

Ultimately it is a new game, not 2k2 with new graphics.
This is what the KoF community will have to absorb...
There is a new game system, characters have a different timing for combos, different priorities...
But aren't all these changes why the KoF series is different and fun?

Go try it yourself, I'm sure after passing this first feeling of "everything feels weird" you will love it.