2k2 UM - Goro Daimon

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
2k2 UM - Goro Daimon

Post by Kane317 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 01:58

Coming from '98UM,

-No more f+A

-hcfx2+K DM is back to an autoguard DM as oppose to a counter DM.

-It's always more damaging to perform the third part to the hcfx2+K DM (as oppose to hcf+C for the third part)

-Strangely outside of MaxMode, df+C does not combo into anything except, his hcbx2+P (S)DM.

-Hence, good ole' s.D, df+C, hcbx2+P (S)DM works well.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Re: 2k2 UM - Goro Daimon

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 03:18

Kane317 wrote: -Strangely outside of MaxMode, df+C does not combo into anything except, his hcbx2+P (S)DM.
It's not strange, that means that now is super cancelable, instead of interruptable. Similar to Iori's foward + A. This means, less damage and less bugs from anti airs, and his bread ~ butter no bar huge damage combo is gone.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 03:48

Toxic Avanger wrote:
Kane317 wrote: -Strangely outside of MaxMode, df+C does not combo into anything except, his hcbx2+P (S)DM.
It's not strange, that means that now is super cancelable, instead of interruptable. Similar to Iori's foward + A. This means, less damage and less bugs from anti airs, and his bread ~ butter no bar huge damage combo is gone.
Only it's not SCed into the grab DM. I just double checked: s.C, df+C, hcbx2+P DM only takes one stock.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 04:08

Kane317 wrote:
Toxic Avanger wrote:
Only it's not SCed into the grab DM. I just double checked: s.C, df+C, hcbx2+P DM only takes one stock.
Command moves super canceled only take 1 stock.

Also try it out with:

Ramon's df + B
Iori's f + A
K''s f + A
Maxima f + A

Try to do them by themselves and cancel them on special moves. Then do them by themselves, and cancel them in DMs. It's a super cancel. I even think that in some games the move list tells you so.

This is pretty old.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 04:23

Toxic Avanger wrote: Command moves super canceled only take 1 stock.

Also try it out with:

Ramon's df + B
Iori's f + A
K''s f + A
Maxima f + A

Try to do them by themselves and cancel them on special moves. Then do them by themselves, and cancel them in DMs. It's a super cancel. I even think that in some games the move list tells you so.

This is pretty old.
Ah I see, that does make sense. =)

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 13:06

Max:dp+A has some strange properties. If you dp+A and Max Cancel it into qcf+K (whiff of course), you can do another dp+A. 2 hits are guaranteed if they try to recovery roll. If they don't you can combo his dp+A 5 times lol.

-Fun to mess with your friends, Max: dp+A, qcf+K, hcbx2+BD HSDM =)

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07

Over from CX:
JHUN :
His qcb B/D roll now adds a whole new depth to his game, especially against fireballers.

You can basically cancel his roll into any special or command move at any point during the roll after its initial startup.

Since it has startup invulnerability, you can use it to 'roll' between attack strings then cancel it into a grab, or dfC if the opponent tries to jump.

Can also be used as a semi safe option to close the distance against characters like Billy or any long range poker, you can get hit as you come out from the 'roll' but you can also try and read their moves and cancel the roll and nail them with a hcf C.

I was using him a lot today and I managed to qcbB into grab between Iori's dwnB,dwnA, farC attack string (qcbB'd after the dwnA then dpB his standC). Also managed to qcbB --> grab in between Takuma's dwnB,dwnA ---> hcbD blockstring. QcbD gives you a longer window to cancel into stuff, but you also travel further (and hence its slower), I prefer using the B version.

Pretty broken move imo, its pretty much invulnerable against any non-grab move. A couple of the guys started getting freaked out by my normal rolls, they kept jumping backwards when I did a normal AB at them lol....
EDIT: Tried the roll cancel techniques and it's real good. From a 1.5 char's distance I do qcb+D and I watch what they do: If they don't move I cancel into dp+K (maybe I should try hcb~f+P instead), if they jump hcf+A anti-air. You really have plenty of options.

Kinda reminds me of the strategy for dodge Shermie in '98UM or 2k2UM Shermie with her ABC dodge: When your opponent is waking up and you're half a character away, dodge and watch what they do--> dp+K, qcb+P, hcf+K, hcf+P etc... only except Goro moves him forward which is even more disadvantageous for the opponent.

From CX:
Dark_Chaotix :
cD, qcb+B into HSDM is guaranteed. Even on roll recovery
Great find, I tried it and it works nicely, although I prefer: d.D, qcf+B, HSDM for hit confirmation. Just the about the only qmax combo into the HSDM I can find is: s.C, BC, d.D, qcf+B, HSDM.

Tried some more Maxmode dp+A madness and found:
(2 stock) Max: (dp+A, qcb+B)x2, dp+A, qcf+B, HSDM for 4 hits --70% Not bad for a full screen low hit (I also made sure the computer couldn't recovery roll).

For some reason his s.C, BC, s.C into SDM (hcbx2+AC) is pretty easy, I was surprised.

I never knew his far B cancels, it's ridiculous how you can do far B into hcb~f+P.