Wrestling fans!

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
Blake B
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Blake B » Fri Jun 08, 2007 02:17

Photon wrote:I am not sure if I 100% agree.

I thought doubts of his wrestling ability should have been dispeled (or at least dampened) after his matches with Shawn Michaels at WM 23 and then "WM rematch" in London. Okay, so he kinda forgot to sell his leg injury in the former, but overall I thought it was quite good. The STFU isn't so bad of a finisher, he just has to make it look tight, and not act as though it does more pain to him than to his opponent.

What does irk me is the annoying Chain Gang/TEH MARIEN gimmick. It's too bad that he can't turn heel (he said he wanted to turn heel at last year's One Night Stand) because the WWE needs him to stay superface so they can continue to sell merch to groupies and kiddies.

:cry:

True. Even if his wrestling ability has improved...I still don't like him. I liked it better when he would freestyle diss his enemies with his hip-hop gimmick he had going on. Vince said that bobby lashley and Cena is the future of WWE, so it's no wonder why they hafta be superfaces and winning almost every match. But either way, I hope after the draft, they start to take ECW seriously and make it into a 2 hour show and make it a bit more "hardcore." Its ECW for crying out loud, and i don't see the "E" in ECW no more....

khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by khdu » Fri Jun 08, 2007 08:54

Photon wrote: What does irk me is the annoying Chain Gang/TEH MARIEN gimmick. It's too bad that he can't turn heel (he said he wanted to turn heel at last year's One Night Stand) because the WWE needs him to stay superface so they can continue to sell merch to groupies and kiddies.

:cry:
New point: WWE sucks (for now)
I think I'm beginning to watch TNA now. I miss Christian. I'm tired of seeing Cena's face.

Blake B wrote:True. Even if his wrestling ability has improved...I still don't like him. I liked it better when he would freestyle diss his enemies with his hip-hop gimmick he had going on. Vince said that bobby lashley and Cena is the future of WWE, so it's no wonder why they hafta be superfaces and winning almost every match. But either way, I hope after the draft, they start to take ECW seriously and make it into a 2 hour show and make it a bit more "hardcore." Its ECW for crying out loud, and i don't see the "E" in ECW no more....
Hmmm, I think I'm beginning to hate Lashley now. If Cena=Hogan, then Lashley=Flair. Anyone who becomes the future of WWE, I think I'll always begin to hate them. I don't like superstars who become "too popular", except The Undertaker and HBK.

Agreed with ECW becoming a 2-hour program. They fired Heyman because of ratings. Can't they put Heyman back and make ECW a 2-hour show, plus add some more of what ECW is really about in 1995? That would be KILLER ratings. I'd like to see Elijah Burke get slammed on a burning table. :D

They only created ECW to replace Velocity, which is why it's a 1 hour show. I think that also explains some SmackDown! talent went there. (Hardcore Holly, Nunzio [aka Little Guido], Lashley, Steven Richards, Sylvain-- but he's in DSW now)

I think we should rally in the Connecticut office and demand ECW a 2 hour program, but I think Mr. McMahon will just end up saying "NEVAR!" anyway.

Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Photon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:02

TNA isn't that much better IMHO. I'm annoyed that they're insistent on pushing old fart stars or ex-WWE (that includes Crazy Kurt) while ignoring or burying the indy or homegrown talent. I think the way they mismanage their roster is criminal. X-Div used to be good, but it's full of silly gimmicks. Don't get me wrong, Nash, Backlund and Jay Lethal are funny, but I honestly think there is such a thing as taking a joke too far.

Russo (the guy behind all the wacky stories and gimmick matches) should seriously be replaced IMO.

Anywho, WWE is still good for laughs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/mychannel/Sh ... ornswoggle

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showpost.ph ... count=2915

And yeah, the original (1990's) ECW is good. WWE, with its rigorous house show schedule, can't afford to do the old ECW's hardcore thing. It's the reason why I was hesistant for ECW to return... and as you all know, it's simply a replacement for Velocity. Truly, the only way to re-live the old ECW is to get the DVD's.

---
I also recommend that you guys search the internets for ROH stuff, or buy the DVD's if you can. It's a neat alternative. Chikara is good too.

I get a lot of my wrestling vids here:

http://onlinesport.ro/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Fri Jun 08, 2007 16:20

Photon wrote: I also recommend that you guys search the internets for ROH stuff, or buy the DVD's if you can. It's a neat alternative. Chikara is good too.

I get a lot of my wrestling vids here:

http://onlinesport.ro/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132
"Neat"? It beats the shit out of WWE and TNA. The guys there ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO WRESTLE. Also check PWG. That's the indy that I go to.

Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Photon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 21:13

I know, I know. It's only been a few months since I discovered stuff like Joe-Kobashi, Joe-Punk trilogy, the Briscoes' work, etc. Bear with me if that was an understand, but rest assured I was as impressed and amazed as anyone when I first saw these types of matches.

I think it's a rather different kettle of fish. It's the small indies that concentrate on the real wrestling stuff after all. The big two, after all, are sports entertainment.

I don't like PWG/CZW all that much compared to ROH or Chikara, I like those latter two because they are really technical and at the same time have a lighter side.

Blake B
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Blake B » Sat Jun 09, 2007 00:02

Well, I recently got into RoH a few months back. They are starting to have PPVs now, so you can bet i'll be watching those whenever WWE has a crappy PPV lined up. And yeah, anyone notice how CM Punk back in the RoH days was fucking awesome, and now since he's in WWE, he seems to be a bit, well....."watered down"?? Hell, he can't even use the pepsi plunge now because of obvious reasons......(coughHHHcough)

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Sat Jun 09, 2007 05:48

Photon wrote:I don't like PWG/CZW all that much compared to ROH or Chikara, I like those latter two because they are really technical and at the same time have a lighter side.
ROH guys go to PWG. The Briscoes wrestled there a couple weeks ago against Roderick Strong. And American Dragon is going to wrestle Sunday.

khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by khdu » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38

Draft is up:

RAW:
-Lashley
-Snitsky
-Mr. Kennedy
-King Booker

SmackDown:
-Torrie
-Masters
-Khali
-Flair

ECW:
-Benoit (yay)
-Boogeyman

I'm disappointed with Boogey having to go to ECW. I thought he might end up having a feud with Kane.

Yay! Benoit is in ECW! He won't bore me any longer, but unfortunately, Flai is in SmackDown. RAW seems to be the exciting show right now.

I hope Khali will go after Edge this time. He's back to where he started, as well as Snitsky, here's to hoping that Snitsky will get the title from Cena.

Mr. Kennedy in RAW seems alright. He really deserves to move to another show. I'm tired of seeing him in SmackDown!.

Blake B
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Blake B » Wed Jun 13, 2007 18:31

But did you notice that ECW just got shitted on? It's like, everyone else got 4 people, but ECW just gets 2 people.....wow.

And McMahon is "dead"......hmmmmm.......i wonder who bombed his car? NEW STORYLINE!!

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jun 14, 2007 08:34

Joe-Kobashi <3 then if you're really keen you find old Kobashi stuff and his series vs Misawa. Half Nelson from ring apron to floor is too much, you say? WE SAY TOUGH STYLE 24/7

khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by khdu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:11

Blake B wrote:But did you notice that ECW just got shitted on? It's like, everyone else got 4 people, but ECW just gets 2 people.....wow.

And McMahon is "dead"......hmmmmm.......i wonder who bombed his car? NEW STORYLINE!!
I think it's because ECW is a 1 hour program. It's reasonable when they get only 2 superstars.

I wonder if there's a trap door under that limo. After the fire went out, wasn't it reported that no one was there? LMAO

Blake B
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Blake B » Thu Jun 14, 2007 16:59

It was weird, because when he got into the car, the camera switched to a limo exploding, lol.

and i just realized something odd......Cor Von's theme music sucks ass!!

khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by khdu » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:33

Blake B wrote: and i just realized something odd......Cor Von's theme music sucks ass!!
LOL agreed.

Supplemental Draft stuff:

RAW:
-Regal
-Sandman
-London
-Kendrick
-Jillian
-Daivari

SmackDown!:
-Eugene
-Dykstra
-Victoria
-Brett
-Brian
-Hardcore

ECW:
-Miz
-Viscera
-Nitro

And so, Nitro separates from Melina, 3 cruiserweights go to RAW, Hardcore goes back to SmackDown!, Eugene stupidifies SmackDown!, and Sandman, of all people goes to RAW.

I gotta say that SmackDown! has the most boring line-up of Superstars as of now. I always wanted to see HBK on SmackDown! (or at least anyone from the Extreme Exposé except Layla), but that ain't going to happen.

SmackDown! = boringified. Undertaker, Kane, Khali, Wang Yang, MVP, Torrie and sometimes, Matt Hardy are the only ones worth watching in the show now.

I can't wait to see Batista lose the Do or Die match at Vengeance. LMAO

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Re: Wrestling fans!

Post by Shiny » Tue Feb 10, 2009 22:38

http://deadspin.com/5149458/chris-jeric ... ot--its-on" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lolwut

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: Wrestling fans!

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Feb 13, 2009 08:55

during one of my recent "I've got work to do, oh I'll check on wrestling instead" moments yeah I heard about this

chris shouting "do your f*cking job!" to security. Why are security there at a traffic light? Or does he have bodyguards travel with him now *confused*