ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:shinefist
Points rank chart

Post by shinefist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 09:38

Hello, i've actually finished a huge data base for kof XIII. My goal is to have a table of content to show what characters are the best in which gameplay aspects & situations.
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, i'm not a tier based person, but i like to know what my characters are able to do before i pick them.

This guide i think will help the main stream people pickup kof alot faster and with more confidence.

Why i am here is to let you guys have it as its my contribution to kof as a fan. I never played XIII before (well i have but its to slow!), all i have is videos to compare with what is good & what is not.
If we do a joint effort when the game comes out, we can always tweak it later on when more knowledge calls us to change the chart.
Aslong as i'm credited with the work then i dont mind giving a copy to the site to continue working on.

What i also want to achieve is a data base letting people know why a character is rated top and not just by having S, A, B, C next to a name. But people can see why they are actually good characters and what makes them good.

Its really quite easy to do, i will explain more in the faq on how you rate the character its not as hard as what it seems.

Is this a good idear guys/gals. It may create tiers but at least people will know why a characters good in certain ways. It also may add more of a fan base to the mainstream as people like to feel at home
with a game and not lost in the midst of finding characters that suit there style.

I'm already fully awhere the games not out yet so i havent started on the points to give them just yet.
I'm rating the character points out of 10 on each topic row. The ratings are not against other characters but how useful for each character. You cant compare to each caracter as your considering lots of moves and not just who's got the best f,d,df anti air for example.

So what do you think.

KOF XIII POINTS RANK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1 - 18/10/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Shinefist/stephen b

Snkplaymore - for creating the game
Rising star games - publisher for xbox360/ps3
Atlus
Copyright
This guide maynot be copied or used upon your own website or anyother site
for any kind of use. You would need to contact the author for permmision to do so.
It is an infringement and violation to copyright law to take & publish this work without my consent.
Move guide key

1 Ground to Ground = What moves have they got to use, any type of moves can be used here
2 Ground to Air = What moves have they got to use, any type of moves can be used here
3 Air to Ground = What moves have they got to use, any type of moves can be used here
4 Air to Air = What moves have they got to use any, type of moves can be used here
5 Close combo = basic up close combos how good are they
6 Far combo or attacks = Can they combo from afar in anyway or form, anything goes but cannot jump
7 Low combo = Good at low combos. Drive/gauge combos considered.
8 Close low combo = Do they have to get really close to do low combo. Drive/gauge combos considered.
9 Quarter screen threat = Do they possess a threat to this part of the screen, no jump-ins
10 Half screen threat = Do they possess a threat to this part of the screen, no jump-ins
11 three quarters screen threat = Do they possess a threat to this part of the screen, no jump-ins
12 Full screen threat = Do they possess a threat to this part of the screen, no jump-ins
13 Fast recovery frames = Do they recover quickly after there moves, are they hard to punish.
14 Rush down/Mix up = agressive offensive behavior, have they got lots of ways to attack and stay on the offensive.
15 Overheads = Anymove that hits high consider it overhead. Not just cammand overheads.
16 Cross ups = Iori's air b+B
17 Juggle = Robert's f,b,f+B+D (EX), f,d,df+P, variety of juggles and good damage, using any amout of stocks but must be good anywhere on screen to get more points.
18 Trip and juggle initiator = Vice's jump C+D then hcf+B+D (EX)
19 A+B evade (Which characters have good moves to deal with these)
20 b+A+B back roll (Which characters have good moves to deal with these)
21 Counters (who can get the most out of these situations) Jump C+D, can use jump-ins
22 Hard knockdowns = Moves where the opponent cannot recovery roll out of. Kyo's air d+C, the more hard knockdowns, the more chances of wake up pressure they can do.
23 Air cammand moves/specials/ EX's = Kim's air qcb+K, how usfull.
24 Air dm/exdm = Kyo's air qcf,hcb+P/A+c (EX)
25 Air neo max = Kings qcb,qcb+B+D (Neo max)
26 Parry = Ryo's f+B
27 Low parry = Ryo's df+B
28 Autoguard = A move which continues to carry on and can take one or several hits as block damage intill the move comes out to hit them.
29 Wire whip/Counter wire = Maximas qcb+A+C (EX)
30 Projectile reflectors = Athena's qcb+K
31 Reversals = Goro's qcf,qcf+B+D (Neo max) (Reversals physical attacks).
32 Delayable = Kyo's qcb,hcf+P (hold to delay)
33 Chargeable moves = Shen's qcf+C (charge) Moves that gain power the more you charge
34 Teleport = k''S qcf+K
35 Quarter screen projectile = Ryo's qcf+P
36 Half screen projectile
37 Full screen projectile = Roberts qcf+P
38 Ground projectile = kyo's qcf+P
39 Corner combos = Variety and long big combos, if they have these then its all good.
40 Air projectile = Yuri's in air qcf+B/D
41 Large projectile = Ash's b~f+C Projectiles that are of size so are difficult to avoid.
42 Piercing projectile = Projectiles that can eat others then continue like k''s qcf+P,f+B, first hit eats so this counts too.
43 Very Fast projectile =
44 Slow travel projectile = Terry's qcf+A+C (EX)
45 Off the ground (otg) = Daimons hcf+C after a dD sweep picks them otg. Moves that hit whilst the opponent is on the ground.
46 Auto track projectile = Benimaru qcb+A+C (EX)
47 Absorb projectile = Shen's qcb+C absorbs projectiles. Also other ways to destroy projectiles count here too.
48 Stun freeze = Benimarus air qcf+A+C (EX) Opponent cannot move and is frozen for limited period.
49 Stun then drop Kula's qcf+A+C (EX)
50 Button determines the attack position
51 Power up = Shen and hwa jai
52 Seal power and HB = Ash has this
53 Invincible frames = Are they usefull
54 Upperbody invincible frames = what it says usefull
55 Lowerbody invincible frames = what it says usefull
56 Throws in general = Are they throw characters, do they have good throws
57 Air throws = Mai's b/d/f+C, air throws cannot be broken.
58 Cammand throws = Clarks hcf+D
59 Reset throws & Moves = Takuma's cammand grab, or characters that can continue to combo after the reset move.
60 Running throws = Maxima's hcb+B.
61 Unblockables = Ralfs galactic phantom charged fully and any move that cannot be blocked including throws.
62 Guard crush = How many guard crush points. Are they hard to guard crush.
63 Dizzy = How many dizzy points?
64 Drive cancels = Do they have good drive cancels how usefull
65 B+C mode = How well a character can do in B+C mode, is it usefull.
66 Neo max & max cancel's = How usefull and can they use them in many situations.
Character Points
(see attachment for chart)

kof points 3.gif

Ok just bear with me dont expect this to be official or anything hehe... I've done ash, betty and shen but i've not added up the points yet, i bet the points will be all over the place to start with.
I've got time over the weekend to update a large portion of this.
Last edited by shinefist on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39, edited 5 times in total.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: Points rank chart

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49

So where is it?

shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by shinefist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05

Ok finished well for version 1.1

I havent done the points yet though for obvious reasons. I've left the points at 05 for everyone for now.

Where shall i post the faq then gimme an email addrress as it looks clean in txt file format. If i post it here it needs editing.

shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by shinefist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41

I just posted it on gamefaqs under the arcade version lol

I dont know how long intill its published there.

Best thing to do is when it gets released, you can have alook, if its got potential and you want to use it then you can take it and upload to your site ok.
Shouldnt be long, there are 15 faqs ahead of it to be checked first.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:39

Click on my name and send me an email!

If this an excel or access file, you can just put up a screenshot (or attachment) and edit your first post whenever you want. Why do we have to wait for Gamefaqs? Btw, if it's too small or lacks decent info (in their opinion), they'll reject it. Here, you'll get lots of feedback.

shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by shinefist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 13:10

It wont send, give me your hotmail addy, i'll post it there, i been trying different ways like rar file and it wont do it.
It will send through hotmail though as an attachment.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Oct 19, 2011 09:49

Done.

If you have paint or any other graphic editing package, then simply hit printscreen on your keyboard, paste into paint and save the image as a jpg, and upload the attachment (scroll to the bottom of the post to see the attachment feature).

shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by shinefist » Wed Oct 19, 2011 17:22

ok.. so gun do you mean i have to maintain and update this myself?
I was thinking others with more experience could have there say on where they think a character should be in the ratings.

Ok i'll give what you said ago. I understand what you mean now, i think!

shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by shinefist » Wed Oct 19, 2011 21:12

Im going to work on the character scores now over the next few days. Dont expect them to be correct as they will change overtime.
I just need to start them so i have something to work with.

Ok i've gotten alittle better at uploading the pic. Had to make it a gif file as the jpg was to big for me to post. I dont have paint on my laptop, good little tool.

shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by shinefist » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:48

Done a large update to the so called chart. I've rushed some towards the end, as taking lots of time to do correctly. I can change them later anyways.
I feel some of the changes maybe right but i'm taking the console version into account with there new changes, but still the games not even out yet yamap

Maybe we can do a poll's to get peoples intake on what points you guys would give.

Oh and i've updated the key too, the part which tells you on whats to be rated and how, i feel this could be changed here and there too.