Arcade UFO, Austin, TX

Hong Kong
List of locations (thx Fiol)

Singapore
Virtualand, Bugis Junction

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Re: Arcade Machine Locations

Post by PenPen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 17:04

One thing of note in Hong Kong is that the button layout MAY vary. I've seen AC/BD arcades and the standard HK layout of DABC in a few different ones. Also disappointingly probably a few of the arcades MAY NOT have XIII in them (eg. the Fun @ APM one...I go there almost every other day to check after work and they have no XIII)...yet.

And you probably won't get to choose the button layout because of the DABC that we have over here.

But the list should be accurate and hopefully they'll have more machines on the way.
Last edited by PenPen on Fri Jul 23, 2010 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Fri Jul 23, 2010 17:10

PenPen wrote:One thing of note in Hong Kong is that the button layout MAY vary. I've seen AC/BD arcades and the standard HK layout of DABC in a few different ones. Also disappointingly probably a few of the arcades MAY NOT have XIII in them (eg. the Fun @ APM one...I go there almost every other day to check after work and they have no XIII)...yet.

And you probably won't get to choose the button layout because of the DABC that we have over here.

But the list should be accurate and hopefully they'll have more machines on the way.
u r so damn lucky over there wow asss ;)

ABC
D
wow love that layout!

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Tue Jul 27, 2010 22:57

We are attempting to get the game at Gameworks in Seattle but things have been iffy. They originally promised to get it when it was released but now they seem to be pretending they never said that. I guess we'll see.

EDIT: Yep, they backed out. Buttwads.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 20:40

Gojira wrote:We are attempting to get the game at Gameworks in Seattle but things have been iffy. They originally promised to get it when it was released but now they seem to be pretending they never said that. I guess we'll see.

Fail sandwich.

In other news, looks like Arcade UFO in Austin, TX now has the game:
http://www.arcadeufo.com/arcade.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.

Post by Vicio » Mon Aug 02, 2010 22:26

We got lucky! wow

ken_garou
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by ken_garou » Thu Aug 05, 2010 05:26

Singapore

Bugis Junction

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Thu Aug 05, 2010 18:06

SonicTempest wrote:
Gojira wrote:We are attempting to get the game at Gameworks in Seattle but things have been iffy. They originally promised to get it when it was released but now they seem to be pretending they never said that. I guess we'll see.

Fail sandwich.

In other news, looks like Arcade UFO in Austin, TX now has the game:
http://www.arcadeufo.com/arcade.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now someone says they're still getting it but nobody knows when. Goddamn it, make up your goddamn minds plz. I'm taking this as situation unchanged until they actually get the game.

On a slightly better note, it seems an arcade in Richmond called e spot now has the game? I'd like to be sure, since it's a 2 1/2-hour drive across the border from Seattle. I know Richmond has had its share of KoF players though, so it seems likely.
Is Oro still in Vancouver? I don't suppose he can confirm this for us *sweatdrop

EDIT: Confirmed false. :(

EDIT 2: Finally a confirmed location, CHQ in Burnaby (Vancouver BC) has KoFXIII.
Still no word from Gameworks, the dream is likely dead. Which sucks because they still have that KoFXII travesty sitting there.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Sep 23, 2010 09:42

France: La Mythik, a french Arcade located near Paris (St Ouen, subway line 13, "mairie de Saint Ouen)
http://www.vsfclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Sep 25, 2010 01:42

Apparently Melbourne, Australia has got it too. Ill see if i can get details of where it is.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 02:35

Gunsmith asked me to post directions to Virtualand as well as a short description of what you can find, so I'll do my best.

The Google Maps location link is http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?f=q&sour ... 04823&z=18. But it's easiest to go by train (MRT), which takes you directly to the mall itself.

Virtualand is located in Bugis Junction. The mall is located right above the Bugis MRT station, which is one station away from City Hall. When you reach Bugis station, go up the escalator. You'll arrive at a food court. Go up the other escalator to reach the ground level and head outside.

This is how the mall looks like from the second floor. At the ground floor, walk towards where the ''Japanese Sweets Buffet' sign is (you'll pass by a McDonald's)

You should see the escalator leading down to Virtualand from here. As Fat Cat Lim suggested, look for the Mos Burger joint, and you're there.

This is how the arcade looks like from the inside.

Games are typically 50 cents each, and there's a great selection of fighting games, all the way from SF2 to Melty Blood, Blazblue, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SSF4, Tekken 6 and of course, KOF XIII, with at least 3 cabinets for the newer games. There's also older stuff like MVC2, CVS2 and the current range of gun and racing games. There's also some of the hacked 2k2 machines as well as 2k2UM (but the logo is in Chinese, so I'm guessing it's a bootleg of the PS2 version instead of the Tougeki edition). The machines are really well-maintained, and every cabinet I tried was working perfectly. It's easily the most well-maintained arcade I've been to.

Gunsmith also asked me to post an opinion about the players' skill level (at least in XIII(. Since I only spent a few hours, I can't really offer a definitive opinion. I see a lot of Takuma, K', Betsy and Mature whores, but I've only fought one genuinely good player who's capable of pulling off the high difficulty HD mode combos with the general skills to match. Most of the players can pull long combos (especially with Takuma and Betsy), but their skill level is generally questionable, and the behaviour scrubby: most of the time nobody's going to challenge you if you have at least one top tier in your team, but try playing with a full roulette team and you'll get swarmed.

Hope it helps, and many thanks again to Fat Cat Lim for the directions.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Nov 30, 2010 23:14

A cabinet spotted in Galaxy World, Sydney Australia.... Dunno where Galaxy world actually is, tough

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 08:55

Oh wtf in syd?? Nice one.

Heb confirm this!!

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:For Great JUSTICE!
Currently Playing:KOF 13, Tekken 6
XBL:Vlad Draulea
PSN:NYCYakuzaKyo

Post by The Master » Sat Dec 04, 2010 16:58

i have word that Chinatown Fair will be getting it next month.. pssst. Better late than never.. I have alot of work to do when it arrives <.<

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 04:23

ギャャャャャャャャャャーーーー!? なのー!?

As the video says, in Santiago (the capital), the arcade is located roughly near Santa Josefina with Concha y Toro, almost next to "el metro Plaza de Puente Alto". I have never been there though.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Sun Dec 19, 2010 15:42, edited 1 time in total.