Blitz Cannon dp + .A or .C
Maxima Press hcb .B (command throw) or .D (running throw) + qcb P to finish
DM Double Vapor Cannon qcf x2 .A or .C
Neo Max Maxima Laser - hcb x2 .A .C

Console Changes
-df.C has better recovery
*No recoil after air vapor canon
*Guard points on normal are now cancellable by specials
*Hit box on the follow up to EX Maxima Press improved. Can now hit from counter CD.
-No bounce back when EX Maxima Press is guarded. He’s now more vulnerable to punishes.

Producer Yamamoto says: df.C can be used effectively as an early (okiwaza) anti-air as the recovery has improved. Also counter df.C and counter j.CD can be followed by EX Maxima Press for extra damage, possible to counter-confirm. Pressuring the opponent by earning precise follow-up damage is the ideal way to play Maxima.
Movelist VId
Last edited by videoman190 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Re: KOF XIII: Maxima

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat May 08, 2010 02:13

Maxima press, is that his dash in grab or meant to be his hcf+B/D grab? It would be quite weird to have the dashing one and not the close range one.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat May 08, 2010 07:42

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Maxima press, is that his dash in grab or meant to be his hcf+B/D grab? It would be quite weird to have the dashing one and not the close range one.
The running throw was "lift". Press seems to be a new move (it's a new name).

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun May 09, 2010 01:04

Ah ok... I never been good with names only notations. So that means he prob doesnt have his throw like he did in other games. Hopefully that changes later on and they add it in.

om3g4prism
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:Time traveling psychic ninja cyborgs with purple hair!
Currently Playing:King of Fighters XIII, Soul Calibur V, Star Ocean: Second Evloution
XBL:om3g4prism
PSN:om3g4prism

Post by om3g4prism » Sun May 09, 2010 11:50

Oh man, I really hope bunker buster makes it into this game. I don't care if it's only as a Neomax, as long as I can still irritate my friends who love to spam projectiles. Please, oh please let it be in. wow

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun May 09, 2010 16:26

How the heck do you annoy a projectile spammer with Bunker Buster? They'll just get themselves some space and repeat, or worse, punish a whiffed bunker buster?

I really do hope his final movelist is more than what's displayed here, but I suppose a "new" Maxima isn't exactly that bad, Double Vapour Cannon sounds sexy.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri May 21, 2010 03:46

So based on the videos Maxima Press is a dashing grab akin to Rugal's God Press, which pushes the opponent to the edge of the stage. According to PenPen it's unblockable - it has some startup pause before Maxima starts dashing.

EX Vapor Cannon wires. He also has autoguard on C Vapor Cannon, his DM and a bunch of his pokes.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat May 22, 2010 06:38

Maxima impressions per FightClub.

Normals have changed some. Seems to have a larger range. Autoguard is pretty much the same (far D seems to be longer).
Low A is slower, but has increased range. Low B is a totally new animation, comes out fast. Not sure if can cancel into anything yet.
Far C is slightly faster but has less range. Stays out longer. Close C and low C are the same as before.
Far D is slightly faster than before, and has a longer autoguard. Low D is really fast and reaches farther.
Hop C is like hop A from before with a better range. Good for air to ground, combos easily to close C after doing as jump in. Jump D hits downwards, so you won't get low attack air counters as easily as before.
Standing CD is same as before, jump CD is same as XI.

df+C is his only command move, only good for anti-air, but it hits really high and will miss most crouching opponents.

Lost his qcf+P chain and his hcf+K.
VAPA KANNUN has strong version with autoguard (not sure with weak version), 2k2UM's dp+P VAPA KANNUN is in here as well. Jump qcb+P has him do the VAPA KANNUN diagonally downwards, good to catch dps. The air version will have him do a hop backward afterwards, and if it misses Maxima's screwed. EX VAPA KANNUN wires regardless if it's a counter hit or not.
dp+K flies higher and farther, at times he jumped over the opponent.
hcb+K has a followup qcb+P, light version is a grab move (not a running grab) and can combo. Heavy version has him dashing forward, has some startup time but dashes really fast, can use as anti-air somewhat (like Adel in XI). This is his main move.

DM so far is his qcfx2+P, comes out fast, autoguard on startup, but not really high damage.

Neomax is his KOF: MI chest beam super. Has dramatic pause effect (Pen: He said "lock frame" which means animations are suspended for a second or two?), even if the opponent does a weak attack from afar, or is almost landing from a jump, it'll hit, but damage isn't as high, around 35%.

Combos:
Jump C -> close C -> qcb+A
hcb+B -> qcb+P followup
hcb+D -> qcb+P followup -> DC qcb+P (1/4ths life gone)

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jul 20, 2010 13:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCauirN1nA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The throw attempt at 7:31, what is that?? Was that the dash grab missing at close range?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 17:21

Dark_Chaotix wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCauirN1nA

The throw attempt at 7:31, what is that?? Was that the dash grab missing at close range?
As I said, hcb+B is a close range grab. That's the miss animation, but if it connects it ends like the D version (sends opponent to wall with a slam).

Trying to use Maxima's qcfx2+P DM more to see how it can be used as anti-air, as I think it has some autoguard in there.

Slightly offtopic but awesome Shen Woos in them vids.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43

PenPen wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCauirN1nA

As I said, hcb+B is a close range grab. That's the miss animation, but if it connects it ends like the D version (sends opponent to wall with a slam).

Trying to use Maxima's qcfx2+P DM more to see how it can be used as anti-air, as I think it has some autoguard in there.
I was reading somewhere that said his Maxima Press (hcb+K) into followup (qcb+A) is only SCable unless you do the Ex Maxima Press in which it's both drive and super cancelable. Can anyone test this out, I'll try it out myself.
PenPen wrote: Slightly offtopic but awesome Shen Woos in them vids.
Thanks, one of the few times I did good and recorded it.
SonicTempest wrote:So based on the videos Maxima Press is a dashing grab akin to Rugal's God Press, which pushes the opponent to the edge of the stage. According to PenPen it's unblockable - it has some startup pause before Maxima starts dashing.

EX Vapor Cannon wires. He also has autoguard on C Vapor Cannon, his DM and a bunch of his pokes.
-Maxima Press B is unblockable, it's considered a command grab however when it connects it'll press him against the wall. The whiff animation looks like any command grab.
-Maxima Press D is unblockable but has a slow start up
-EX Maxima Press is blockable
-All of Maxima's ground strong normals, have Guard Point (autoguard); d.D is the only exception.
-Vapor Cannon C will wire if it's a counter, EX Vapor Cannon will counter wire every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVvDeVdk-cw#t=06m00s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the only time I've seen his EX DP+K connect but not finish, otherwise it has to be the most reliable EX DP overall.

---
Maxima only has three special moves (if you count air.vapor cannon he has four). The cool thing is he does massive damage and his limit is his stocks (the more he has the more creative the combos can get). df.C has pretty good horizontal range as well.
Combos:
-d.B, d.A, hcb+B.qcb+P -->
-(d.Ax3)/(d.B, d.A, df.C), Ex qcb+P (wires), df.C, (df.C), dp+K/Ex hcb+K.qcb+P -->
-Crossup j.C, d.A, df.C, qcb+P/hcb+B.qcb+P -->
-Crossup j.C, d.A, df.C, Ex hcb+K.qcb+P, [DC] Ex qcb+P, (wire) df.C, dp+K *In theory, instead of the last dp+K you could do another Ex hcb+K etc...
-Hyperhop/hop C, Ex air.qcb+P, Ex qcb+P (wires), df.C, dp+K

If, --> Ex hcb+K.qcb+P, [DC] qcb+P, [SC] qcfx2+P
If, --> hcb+K.qcb+P, [SC] qcfx2+P
If HD, --> [SC] qcfx2+P, [MC] hcbx2+P NM

-d.B, d.A, df.C, Ex qcb+P (wires), hcbx2+P NM
-qcb+P (counter), hcbx2+P NM

Robocop Two
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by Robocop Two » Thu Dec 09, 2010 13:42

Just a bit of an oppinion based question here but has the EX vapor cannon made Maxima's super more redundant?

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Dec 09, 2010 18:40

Robocop Two wrote:Just a bit of an oppinion based question here but has the EX vapor cannon made Maxima's super more redundant?
They are more or less equally fast, but the DM has a huge autoguard window so you can use it to anticipate things at long range (like fireballs, far pokes, jumps and other things). The EX cannon doesn't have that guard point window.

So no.

Robocop Two
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by Robocop Two » Mon Dec 13, 2010 18:16

so there is more Auto guard on the super, but are you just going to be throwing out the super in the hope that they are pressing buttons? wouldn't you prefer to use a normal like cr.C, st.D or even a normal Vapour Cannon? I assume the super has quicker start-up and so is easier to use but surely you can still use the other normals when you're pressure or are they just too slow?

Also, combo wise the EX vapour cannon just seems like the wall bounce properties are just alot better seeing as you recieve a follow-up instead of the super which nets you nothing extra.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Dec 13, 2010 19:50

Robocop Two wrote:so there is more Auto guard on the super, but are you just going to be throwing out the super in the hope that they are pressing buttons? wouldn't you prefer to use a normal like cr.C, st.D or even a normal Vapour Cannon? I assume the super has quicker start-up and so is easier to use but surely you can still use the other normals when you're pressure or are they just too slow?
It's not that you "perform the DM and expect people to randomly press a button"; it's the other way around, at the proper range you can eye confirm enemy attacks and then throw the DM, absolutely no other move allows you to do that in XIII. The other autoguards are not the same, as unlike the DM they are not as fast as a light attack, since they are slower you actually need to input them prior to the enemy attacks (sans the case of jumps), and even with that the DM has more range than his other normal attacks.

I'm not gonna tell you that the DM is his best move or anything, but it's good to be used there for what it is for, and that was replacing his Bunker Buster.

It's obvious that the EX vapor cannon is just better for combos, everyone can tell you that much, but the normal cannon by itself is not suited to autoguard since is just too slow, and is hard to anticipate a move that much outside some slow recovery fireballs.