Krizalid
Original Zero
Igniz
Mukai
Adel
Geese
Krauser
Mr Big
And the dunno-name-gay-pink-boss from XI (played this only like duh 10 times)

Sorry, DLC is not acceptable. kthxbai

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Re: KOF XII Console Release - Xbox 360/PS3 in July 2009

Post by Fuu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 14:59

Wolfie KOF12 has obese women addicted to violence think about it

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%
A.K.A.:I am single & available
Currently Playing:Meself
PSN:yummymochi

Post by Wolfie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 15:15

hmm i dun mind fat lady boss asss

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Jun 28, 2009 19:03

Apathy Wind wrote:I'm not poor, don't hate KoF, and don't exactly think the game is rubbish but I will say that I feel that SNK is kinda taking advantage of it's fans here. I mean I could tolerate the small roster number, lack of story/endings, and even the ridiculous lack of moves for some characters (cough::Mature::cough) but no end boss? That's pretty weak. Christ, all they had to do was recolor the eyes on Kyo's sprite, up his damage, and they could have given us Kusanagi as a boss. Not ideal but it'd at least give players something to do when they aren't/can't/don't want to play online.

As it stands XII seems like a half finished game (which it actually is IMO) - one I kinda resent SNK charging $60.00 US for.
I don't think the game is rubbish either but I think it is average at most.

The roster size and lack of a boss aren't so much an issue for me as is the fact that all the movelists and the system itself feel incredibly stripped down. I'm not what you would call a good player but I get the sense that I would learn more if I bought a 360 and played KOF'98UM online instead. 2K2 felt stripped down too but at least the one addition it made (MAX mode cancelling) added a lot to the game, and in any case SNK rectified this by releasing 2K2UM (which is another game I'd rather be playing).

About a month ago I would have thought that at least it'd look nice on my HDTV but now even that isn't true.

So yeah, buying it for the lulz, pretty much.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 17:41

So yeah I had this longarsed post about trying to convince people to buy XII in the old forums.

But Gun moved stuff and I don't feel like even C&Ping it anymore.

So...in short, I hope that XII will get a downloadable or disc demo so people can evaluate the game and judge whether they want it or not. So far I'm pretty happy with how XII plays and I think, if SNKP or Ignition wants to have better sales, they can go with that route so that even the non-interested guys can give it a try.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Jun 30, 2009 19:36

FYI - we (Amazon) are offering release-date delivery for KOFXII. In order words if you preorder you'll get it ON the release date as opposed to later. If you don't have Prime it'll cost extra though (about $6 I think?)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025U ... oh_product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Thu Jul 09, 2009 01:20

Just a heads up that the local distributors of KOFXII has provided us with working demos for OHN8. I think all the characters will be available. We will be running a tournament as well.

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried the console version in the world but this will be the first chance in Australia!

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jul 09, 2009 08:18

(Yes Wolf, they had the demo in the US at the XII event)

I don't know if any of you have actually worked with SNK but looking at what it used to be, it seems a quite small company.

They are probably taking out loans and making promises to pay back by certain dates.

This means a game has to be out by a certain date.

They redrew all the frames by hand.

Then they fucked it up by scanning and processing the images at 720p.

Perhaps they couldn't afford to or simply did not have the time to redo the whole thing at full HD. Maybe they never will. I'd say that's a money problem. I doubt it's a "let's be lazy" problem. SNK have to put up XII against BlazBlue and SFIV.

SNK don't make games for free. "Fans" have been leeching roms off them for years. The same fans moan when SNK has no money to do flashy new things. Er.... yeah.

Justify $60 for a new "unfinished" product? I just have.

If you've been watching the match videos you can clearly see the game is FAR from rubbish. I've played it, and was moaning about the graphics, NOT the gameplay. Let's agree the graphics are not good. So what? Try looking at any of the KOFs before. WOAH stickmen fighting! Gameplay? Who cares, right?

GET THE GAME! SUPPORT SNK! REPAY YOUR DEBTS.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:02

dude whatever the graphics are not good? really? sure there's the 'they're not super hires' technicality but there's absolutely excellent craftmanship there. shading details and animations are much better than blazblue for one thing. There's a defined original artistic style there instead of being animu derivative like anything else. I honestly can't believe you guys. The only 2d game that look better than this is 3S, maybe Metal Slug 2-3.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 14:34

I'll definitely add my support to XII (if you didn't notice already). It's different, yeah. But it plays really well and is quite fun. I like it more than XI or 98UM.

One thing I'm adding is that as a fighting game, this is more tactical than technical. There is obviously a technical aspect of CC combos, but you need to figure how to get the CC out in the first place. Getting the CC started isn't easy but what happens afterwards is very satisfying.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 17:25

I've pretty much said my piece, I think. The match videos at least clarify that this is no KOF2003 - but I'm still disappointed that they decided to strip down the game so much. As I mentioned in a post elsewhere, I don't think the stuff they added really makes up for everything they took out of the game.

And honestly, price is irrelevant when you're talking about game quality since value for money is a completely subjective concept.

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Sat Jul 11, 2009 21:18

Gunsmith wrote:(Yes Wolf, they had the demo in the US at the XII event)

I don't know if any of you have actually worked with SNK but looking at what it used to be, it seems a quite small company.

They are probably taking out loans and making promises to pay back by certain dates.

This means a game has to be out by a certain date.

They redrew all the frames by hand.

Then they fucked it up by scanning and processing the images at 720p.

Perhaps they couldn't afford to or simply did not have the time to redo the whole thing at full HD. Maybe they never will. I'd say that's a money problem. I doubt it's a "let's be lazy" problem. SNK have to put up XII against BlazBlue and SFIV.

SNK don't make games for free. "Fans" have been leeching roms off them for years. The same fans moan when SNK has no money to do flashy new things. Er.... yeah.

Justify $60 for a new "unfinished" product? I just have.

If you've been watching the match videos you can clearly see the game is FAR from rubbish. I've played it, and was moaning about the graphics, NOT the gameplay. Let's agree the graphics are not good. So what? Try looking at any of the KOFs before. WOAH stickmen fighting! Gameplay? Who cares, right?

GET THE GAME! SUPPORT SNK! REPAY YOUR DEBTS.
Repay my debts?? Really?!??

I have no debts to SNK. I supported them in arcades and by buying their console releases (even when I never played them...) - no ROMS here, thank you. No, I never did own a MVS but by the time I could afford such things the system was no longer viable (and honestly $300.00 for cartridge is just out of the question anyway). So I don't feel I owe SNK anything.

As far as competing with BB or SFIV, I honestly think that XII is going to have a tough time with that. I'm not a big SFIV fan but I acknowledge it was a fairly solid offering. What little time I've spent with BB has shown me that SNK will have difficulty matching the attention to detail that game offers. And no I'm not talking graphics - I'm referring to gameplay, modes, fan service etc.

On a side note, are XII's graphics actually bad?? Honestly, I had no idea...

And even with all that I'm still not ruling out buying XII. But the only real reasons I'm considering this is - #1) I'd like to play KoF against other ON folk and #2) I want SNK to be alive to make a 'fully' realized canon sequel to XI. And while these might be reasons to eventually get XII they certainly aren't reason enough to get truly excited about it or run out immediately to get it.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Jul 12, 2009 09:49

If only all fans were like AW.

Then again I guess SNK would actually prefer us to be rich, stupidly loyal and not picky about attention to details.

I'll just lend my financial support (as I haven't bought any kof games for a good few years now) and hope those pennies get through to their development staff. Er... here's hoping.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Jul 12, 2009 15:27

SonicTempest wrote:FYI - we (Amazon) are offering release-date delivery for KOFXII. In order words if you preorder you'll get it ON the release date as opposed to later. If you don't have Prime it'll cost extra though (about $6 I think?)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025U ... oh_product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hmm, u got my hopes high =(

Applies only to orders shipped to addresses within the lower 48 United States. Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international destinations will be delivered after the release date.

Who has ordered their copy? and has anyone preordered from playasia?

16th July hey?

Says "This item will be released on July 28, 2009." on the link

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Mon Jul 13, 2009 05:14

hebretto wrote:Just a heads up that the local distributors of KOFXII has provided us with working demos for OHN8. I think all the characters will be available. We will be running a tournament as well.

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried the console version in the world but this will be the first chance in Australia!
OK everything finalised http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;