combo videos etc
ooKami
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Newbie
Currently Playing:Kof 98, 2X, Team fortress 2
My team :D

Post by ooKami » Tue Nov 30, 2010 15:34

As i wrote in my thread, i started playing this game from about a week and i have chosen my 3 heroes (:P)
My team is composed by : Heavy D!, Mature, Chris, in the same order as i play them.
I think i'm better with chris than with the others, mostly because he's stronger, i have some problems with heavy D! mostly, so i'll try to ask something.

Down down punch, it's kinda hard for me to pull out, not for the motion, but because the animation is kinda long and i always get hit by an hyper jump or a fast fireball.
Also is kinda difficult to not get hit while i have the ddp stored, so often i cannot use it at all, and i noticed it's a big part of his game (or at least i think it is.)
The other move i cannot use properly is the qcb+p (x2 if you want to follow with a overhead or a sweep). This because i've seen a guy that was using Heavy D! that was using that move
to dodge some hits with the initial invincible frames (at least i think those were) to punish me while i was attacking, so i would like to have some hints on how to use that.
Also i find hard to connect with the "throw" (close dp+p), the one that while buffed can be followed by a juggle too ( i usually use jc+d the rare times i can connect it).
The problem is i'm not able to put some mind games or whatever in, to connect that throw. i tried with a fake jb crossup, but 90% of the times, when i land in front of the opponent
the move don't come out if i've hit him (i think for the little pushback) or the opponent hit something and I get punished.
I'm able to pull out the strings for the dm ( i usually use clkX3slp**DM) so that's not a big deal.
The same string but without bar is kinda strange for me, sometimes i connect with the overhead (fsa) sometimes it just don't come out.
When it comes actually out, is there any option to continue the combo? some linkable special or some good option?
What about bar building? I usually have problems of few bar power, because i don't know how to build safely and i have 1 stock less when chris get reached.

These are basically my doubts about Heavy D!, for the rest i don't have so much doubts, i'm just imporving slowly XD

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: My team :D

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Nov 30, 2010 20:34

When I use Heavy D, I go for mind games with his qcb P (high or low) and then crossup with jump B. Once you hit the crossup, you could go for taps or DP throw.

You should only do dwn dwn .B when you've knocked them over but then that means you miss an opportunity to attack.

Check this out and note the anti air

ooKami

Post by ooKami » Tue Nov 30, 2010 20:44

I've already seen that video, pretty cool.

What you mean check the anti air? i usually use chp (the best one i think) or neutral jC+D to keep some space between me and the opponent (the hitbox seems very long and so the hit seems useful too).
Also i use jD if i think the opponent will go for an high jumping attack, and it seems to be a goo hit to win these aerial contrasts.

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Tue Nov 30, 2010 22:46

About the only time you can do ddA/C safely would be after an anti-air Jump CD (do it the moment you land) so long as the opponent is knocked away fullscreen. Don't bother doing it when they're in the corner. The other time would be at the end of his qcb,hcf DM. It helps if you manage to land his proximity unblockable (dp A/C) because the powered up version allows for a free juggle. But yeah most times you're better off just going for an ambiguous crossup with Jump B after that anyways ...

You can use qcb A/C to evade non-throw moves because of the start up invincibility. I'd advise going for the C (low) followup because it's a combo and seldom go for the overhead if the first hit is blocked. People can always block AB roll after the first hit and punish you on the followup FYI.

Randomly throw out A (crouching, far etc) because it has good range and it's fast start up. It can act as an antiair if it's at the start of the opponent's jump ... this way you will lock your opponent to the ground where you can apply ground pressure with poke/block strings.

Also good Heavy Ds can combo into the qcb,hcf DM with ease ... because any successful A/B on hit will lead to a 30% combo.

But yeah my ultimate advice is to drop Heavy D and use top tier :D hahahahahah

ooKami

Post by ooKami » Tue Nov 30, 2010 22:54

hebretto wrote: But yeah my ultimate advice is to drop Heavy D and use top tier :D hahahahahah

Thanks for the advices, i'll read it later and try to apply in these days.

for the sentence in the quote : never :P

Always been a player that chooses the character he likes, no matter what their tier position is. XD