Do people enjoy this game?

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Poison Mist All Day!
PSN:MonsterManX
Do people enjoy this game?

Post by The Monster » Fri Aug 26, 2011 20:28

I just bought this game off PSN because I have no KOF experience aside from playing some CvS2 when I was a kid at some arcades. I have to say , it's really a lot of fun to play. The A.I is challenging but not too insane , and the moves are fun to pull off. I'm not super crazy about the 2 forms you can get or the whole MvC2 assist concept but aside from that the gameplay itself seems pretty solid and the roster is quite good to me. I notice everyone likes KOF 2K2UM and KOF XI a lot so I was just curious. Also Color Editing is fun XD , never saw that in any of my the older SF games :P.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Re: Do people enjoy this game?

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Aug 26, 2011 21:04

As I recall the new dodge mechanic kind of rubbed people the wrong way. Not to mention the strikers (I think KOF2001 came closest to a good striker implementation, minus the whole multiple strikers thing).

Also the version available on PSN is the PSX version of KOF99, which among other things has frame cuts which affect move properties quite significantly. There's a PS2 version available as part of the KOF NESTS Collection but that never got released over here as far as I know.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Aug 27, 2011 01:10

DC version is meant to be the best one with the extra strikers and what not. Wasnt really a fan of 99, besides K' and Krizalid

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Poison Mist All Day!
PSN:MonsterManX

Post by The Monster » Sat Aug 27, 2011 04:58

So I take it not a lot of people liked it? Oh well , it's fun to me for the time being XD. I don't play it a lot , but when I do it's hella fun to me. I really love how Ryo and Takuma play the most in that game.

DropDeadEd
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by DropDeadEd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 02:11

I'm one of the best players of 99.

That's not saying much because lots of people did not like it. I suppose because of the not so easy to cheap combos and what not.

I feel this version was the most balanced of all the versions. Also, pretty nice to have an (almost) full Kyo team (Kyo-1, Kyo-2, Shin Kyo, Yuri striker =) )