manga and book reviews

Anime Games Films Etc
pop_squally
Charging...90%
Charging...90%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
manga and book reviews

Post by pop_squally » Sun Sep 26, 2010 17:03

hello there, hope all is well with everyone?
recently most of my spending money has gone to artbooks,manga,comics(american style) and dvds. most of it has been good
some of it has been bad which brings me to my first review....

udons art of capcom 2.

i got this from forbidden planet for 30 pounds. now i hope the udon staff never read this but i was quite dissapointed.
presentation and quality of art is excellent but thats about it. i understand that the streetfighter franchise is capcoms biggest draw, so shouldnt of that been the ideal opportunity to showcase the designs and characters from other less known titles?.

lets see for 30 pounds you get tons of pics of chun li doing martial arts

several tons of pics of other streetfighter characters doing martial arts

artwork from games endings

hardly any sketches

a few bits of darkstalkers and rival schools and thats about it really.

after already spending 30 pounds each on the art of streetfighter, streetfighter tribute, and darkstalkers tribute all from udon, im sure you could imagine the look on my face.
dont get me wrong the the artists at udon are waaay better than me, its just a shame to waste such a large range of titles they could have worked from. i was hoping to see fresh new okami,viewtiful joe,darkstalkers,rival schools,devil may cry,resident evil and of course streetfighter art .
plus you got other titles like breath of fire, final fight, ghost n goblins plus every other game they ever made but for 30 pounds i get........more streetfighters doing martial arts.

so my summary is....if like streetfighter and you dont have the art of streetfighter or streetfighter tribute already then it is a good buy, however i can't help the feeling that my 30 pounds has contributed to idea starved state of the industry.

see you next review :)