2k2 - Kula Diamond

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
2k2 - Kula Diamond

Post by Archedgar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 18:43

Kula Diamond info on the old forum.

Kula Diamond in 2002 is a mobile, low priority, combo inspired character, with various utility moves and a fairly decent arsenal of moves for each situation.

I say that her priority is low based on the fact that other similar move sets for some characters have basically the 'same' moves but are... higher priority, a good example of this is:

Kula's close C/Clark's close C

Both are 2 hit and are both cancellable, and have a similar hitbox, however, Clark's is 'significantly' higher priority. There are many more, such as her Stand B against Blue Mary's stand B, etc.

This character thrives on lengthy combos to make up for , what I consider, low damage normals and special moves, this is usually achieved through juggles, especially in the corner, etc etc.

Discuss the 'Kyo clone' , rival to basic K'.

Anyway, to start things off, I often use her crouch Bx3 into Stand B into DP + C poke combo, I'm not sure if its possible because I myself, can't pull it off, admittedly, I don't have 'overly' quick hands, can the first hit of her DP + C be super cancelled into QCF x2+P? which would look something like this...

Crouch Bx3, Stand B, DP + C, QCFx2+ BC.

Also, is it possible to juggle after the following combo?(corner), I ask because, once again, I am not as quick with my hands as some people and I may be taking too long to input the command...

Close C(2 hits), BC *activate max mode*, Close C(2 hits), Down-forward C(1-2 hits), QCB + B, Forward + D, Max mode cancel into QCF+C..

And then after, it seems as though the opponent is juggled, but I can't seem to continue with a QCF + B, although I suspect it is through my own fault that I can't. Any suggestions on it?
Last edited by Archedgar on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:31, edited 3 times in total.

ken_garou
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Re: 2k2 Kula Diamond

Post by ken_garou » Sun Jul 31, 2005 07:55

Archedgar wrote:Kula Diamond info on the old forum.

Kula Diamond in 2002 is a mobile, low priority, combo inspired character, with various utility moves and a fairly decent arsenal of moves for each situation.

I say that her priority is low based on the fact that other similar move sets for some characters have basically the 'same' moves but are... higher priority, a good example of this is:

Kula's close C/Clark's close C

Both are 2 hit and are both cancellable, and have a similar hitbox, however, Clark's is 'significantly' higher priority. There are many more, such as her Stand B against Blue Mary's stand B, etc.

This character thrives on lengthy combos to make up for , what I consider, low damage normals and special moves, this is usually achieved through juggles, especially in the corner, etc etc.

Discuss the 'Kyo clone' , rival to basic K'.

Anyway, to start things off, I often use her crouch Bx3 into Stand B into DP + C poke combo, I'm not sure if its possible because I myself, can't pull it off, admittedly, I don't have 'overly' quick hands, can the first hit of her DP + C be super cancelled into QCF x2+P? which would look something like this...

Also, is it possible to juggle after the following combo?(corner), I ask because, once again, I am not as quick with my hands as some people and I may be taking too long to input the command...

Close C(2 hits), BC *activate max mode*, Close C(2 hits), Down-forward C(1-2 hits), QCB + B, Forward + D, Max mode cancel into QCF+C..

And then after, it seems as though the opponent is juggled, but I can't seem to continue with a QCF + B, although I suspect it is through my own fault that I can't. Any suggestions on it?
The combo you mention above(crouch Bx3 into Stand B into DP C) works BUT preferably on larger and taller Charcaters(Chang for example).The bad thing about this combo is that it misses several characters who are in a crouching position. :? So , in order to make things easier and less complicated in order to land it on most characters despite their sizes,height and postion, just minus away one dwn B which you have stated in your combo. I strongly emphasize this as adding one more crouch B,will make the distance further, hence placing yourself in a susceptible postion.Hopes u get what I meant.

About your corner juggle combo you have written, QCF C whiffs and subsequently made you think as though it can be juggle with a Qcb B(u made a typo error saying that it s qcf B),the actual fact is,it can't be juggled any further. :cry: You can try max mode cancelling into other moves,but it all whiffs as well. So instead after doing the second last part of your combo( the forward D part), just finsh off the juggle nicely with Dp C.(WITHOUT MAX MODE CANCELLING) It may not be flashy but this is the standard combo.

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Archedgar » Sun Jul 31, 2005 08:58

Oh wow, huge mistake on my part, pardon, I accidentally stated it was corner, I was way off, it is actually 'non corner'.
It does work outside of the corner, and it does good damage, but I had hoped it could juggle further .
The basic combo works but often times misses, leaving you open for a nasty combo, but when it hits, I was wondering if you could super cancel it into her Diamond edge DM.

I can't get it to work, but I am a bit bad at doing fancy combos myself, it is possible that it is not 'super cancellable' there, but I'm not sure.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Aug 01, 2005 09:22

First thing. Fix your link. It is broken.

Second thing. Clark's stand C is not cancellable on the second hit, unless you BC cancel to his (S)DM?
Actually 2 down Bs are the safest imo.
You also don't need to press BC when doing the DM.
Dp C is SCable to DM and SDM.

However if you SC to DM, damage is crap, so it is pretty useless.

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Archedgar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:24

That sucks, but it helps out I suppose. I had hoped to get a Yuri-esque combo from that crouch B. Extra damage is extra damage...
Clark's stand C is not cancellable on the second hit
That's true, but I was not really refering to its cancellability, rather, the fact that it is the same 'general' type of attack as Kula's close C, with vastly superior priority.