2k2 UM - Anhell

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron
2k2 UM - Anhell

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Nov 06, 2010 19:58

Similarly to May Lee, I only wanted to save the first position in the thread before Pen pen tan beats me to it. (editing)

In battle, Angel is mainly a contact & rush down character. She needs to be within hitting range of the enemy and strike them mercilessly, but if the enemy "doesn't" want to be close to Angel we find that she has a marvelous tools to search and destroy the unwilling. Angel also has the best mid ~ low mix up game in the game (she is build around that feature) and also has many tempo change tricks along with unblockables, throws and quick recovery moves.

So, in combat we have than an Ideal Angel player does :
- Knows how to chase the enemy (with running, jumps, and her rushing moves ( HCB .K and HCF .K ).
- Knows how to apply pressure (and ergo her game) when she catches the enemy.
- Knows how to properly change reactions between her middle range game and infighting game.
- Knows how to improvise.
- Has creativity and ideas with her when it counts.
- Can foreread enemy (re)actions and matches them with his own when possible.

... Now, the "Road" to that kinda play is harsh, very harsh. Considering that she no longer has an infinite you are no longer going to see Angel players "taking shortcuts" to win, so only those who aim to play nicely with her where left around (hence, for about 90% of the Angel players vanished into thin air between vanilla and unlimited :P ). In order to properly learn Angel you are most likely going to try and fail many, many times until she becomes a super deadly character.

Playing her usually requires a level of dedication, creativity and inventive that are so unique that pretty much for about 80% of the cast don't even know of it's existence, on the bright side we have that she is unique, she is amazingly fun, she has charisma and is quite effective (though, not "as quite" as in vanilla)

Command moves

Senseless Chatter
fwd .B
Hits twice, if you combo into it you can interrupt the first hit. Doesn't combo from light attacks.

At the Wasteland
In air dwn .D
High priority air move that can be used to retreat. From a long jump you can combo it from a .A , .C or a .D

Special moves

Red Sky of Japonesia
HCB .K
Does little damage, but covers for about 3/4 and has incredible speed. It doesn't leave you vulnerable on block but you are left far away with a slight frame disadvantage. The sheer speed of the move is so intimidating that some players like to use it twice in a row, that usually totally changes the defensive mood enemy.

Mad Murder Roulette
RDP .K
Special throw with very small range and slightly slow start up. It doesn't dodge attacks and it can combo from light attacks. Strategically speaking, there are very little chances of connecting this throw, as almost everything overprioritizes it, but on the very few circumstances that you can use it, you are glad that it's here. This move doesn't allow roll recovery, so it's in a chance for the MAX2 to connect. Remember that there are times near the corner where you can do throw -> MAX mode activation -> MAX 2 (to save stocks)

"UC" (Unchain) CHAIN SYSTEM

This system is split in three part, one is "starters" (UC Chain start moves) which are moves that leave you in UC chain system; then there is the "attacks" (UC Chain continue moves) that are the attacks that can be chained into each other and then we have the "finishers" (UC Chain finish moves) that end the chain system (usually "in a big way").

Pretty much every UC Chain move does thick damage, and it's Angel's main form of attack and reason d'etre.

UC Chain Starters

Senseless Fists
bk , fwd .K
Quick and hits twice, this is Angel's main punisher. Due to it's great range It will be able to punish some after block moves that no other character in the game is able to punish, Either hit can be interrupted by the uc chain moves and the first hit can whiff against some crouching enemies; this comboes from light attacks (the jabs can be unterrupted, and it can be linked from the kicks, but it's hard to do so)
There is a quick note about execution, and that this move is " bk , fwd " without any charge. If you hold back for long periods of time the move won't come out at all, so remember to return the stick to neutral always when performing this move.

Formalist Blue
df .B
Formerly a low attack, now it can be blocked standing and it has long range, doesn't combo from light attacks.

Citizen of World
df .D
Overhead and dodges low attacks. Doesn't combo from normals.

Reppun Kamui
QCB .P
A and B version are very different. A version is very quick and pushes the enemy back on block, while the C version is very slow and locks the enemy if they block (which means that they are forced to block the UC chain moves afterward and thus to guess high or low). This move has a lot or range, much, much more range that what you could guess by looking at it. I have seen many circumstances where Iori does a short hop D from afar and this move beats it cleanly due to it's range. You can cancel this move before the punch comes out with an UC chain move, but that needs to be done fast and is much easier to do with the C version (due to it's slow start up).

Beyond Frames
HCF .K
One of Angel's most important moves and again a move where the weak version and the strong one are very different, the moves by itself do nothing but having Angel running towards the enemy and then teleport behind them (kinda like Rock's move). The big difference comes that with the Weak one has Angel perform a shoulder charge against the enemy and then teleport behind them and the strong one just attacks the enemy before she teleports behind them. You must perform the uc input before Angel teleports behind the enemy, other wise the move won't come out.

UC Chain Continue Moves

++ In this section every move follows some few easy to understand rules.
1.- After a kicking move you must perform a punching move and vice versa.
2.- You can't use the same direction for the followup (Example: if you do fwd .C ,you can't follow it up with fwd .D , the next one needs to be dwn or up- ).
3.- Lastly, every move can be followed up with a UC finisher, regardless of how many of them you performed before.

Bye Bye Ryougou
up- .P
Quick uppercut. As a little bit of lag but nothing to terrible.

Shelter From Storm
up- .K
Short range but super fast kick. It's recovery is so quick that this is a good move to whiff when far from the enemy.

Buggy and Coffin
fwd .P
Hits twice, overhead and is completely invincible to low attacks during the entire duration of the move.

With a Lamp for Pathway
fwd .K
An amazing move. Not only it totally dodges low attacks, but it's amazing range makes it hard to hit and hard to jump, that coupled with the "can be followed up" nature of the move makes it hard to roll.... But that doesn't mean that it's perfect, this move has some lag when it's blocked and that's where the complicated part starts and where you need to perfectly being able to eye confirm if this move hits or not. If it hits, you need follow it up with the qcf .C every time; but if it's get blocked you need to choose between unblockables ( qcf .A or fwd fwd .C ), safe poking (other UC chain moves, for example), dodging with her BCD throw or simply trying to overprioritize the enemy (with bk DP .P or fwd fwd .A ). Experience will come in at those times, and you need to always grab on fresh ideas to improvise.

Train to See Cherry Blossoms
dwn .P
Her quickest low uc chain attack and a good over all move to combo. Has short range.

Impotent Symptom
dwn .K
Is slow, but has huge almost half screen range and hits low.

UC Chain Finish Moves

Omaga Toki
Neutral, fwd or bk .B .C .D
Angel's dodging move, this move was heavily downgraded for 02um. The neutral one has the less vulnerability and is the quickest, but it can't dodge throws. The fwd or bk one can dodge throws and has the benefict that moves Angel either closer or further away to the enemy, but has the largest vulnerability time. This has an important characteristic, and is that this move can be followed up with any other UC Chain finisher, 「くいっ~」 . After this move you enter a similar psychological game than after a blocked With a Lamp for Pathway, but adding a 1 frame throw to the mix.

Crown under Sky
fwd fwd .A
Quick uppercut that juggles the enemy. It does have some frame disadvantage on block, the lag is hard to take advantage off, but 1 frame grapplers and quick attacks like Kim's cls C will probably nail you every time.

State of Heat Haze
fwd fwd .K
A 3 hit kick, the second hit can be super cancelled and the third hit produces a hard knockdown that can't be roll recovered from (aka, Max 2 flag). it's kinda slow, but it's range is huge and is perfectly safe on block.

Full Moon Evening
fwd fwd .C
A slow, yet with good range and unblockable punch. In vanilla this move could be super cancelled before the actual punch came out (but only with the Ranbu). The damage of this move is not "overbroad" unless it hits on counter.

Cosmic Futen Swing
qcf .A
A short jumping throw. The jump is very low and it's range is pretty wide, unless you are really used to it is hard to escape it by eye confirm it, so be sure to mix up other things and this in your general play.

Lost Homeland
qcf .C
A 1 frame throw, your main "no stock" finisher for any combo.

Beyond Frames
HCF .K
This is * almost* the same as the UC chain starter version of the move. That means that this move allows maneuvers that are other wise impossible due to the rules of the UC chain circle (like, attacking overhead or low three times in a row, or doing a move over and over again). One of the Keys that make Angel, Angel. The difference with the stand alone Beyond Frames is that Angel can't do her shoulder charge with this move, she'll do her UC chain moves immediately, just like the D version of the move.

Loyalty Test For Liberalists
bk , DP .P
Very fast ranbu type DM, good for combo. You can perform it as MAX and damage is greatly increased.

Desperation moves

++ These moves are in no way related to her UC chain system moves.

Loyalty Test For Liberalists
bk , DP .P
Is exactly the same DM that can be done as a UC finisher, but stand alone. As a trivia I'll tell you that the idea of this move being performed outside the UC chains as well was present in the original 2k2 beta build, but got scrapped on the final version

Wind's Fairground
bk , DP . .B .D
MAX only DM, is a 1 frame counter attack move. The fact that you can perform it outside max mode in this game is a huge plus to the previously "no defense" vanilla 02 Angel.

Survivor's Banquet
When the enemy is on the ground, dwn dwn dwn .C .D
Max2 move, and it's exactly as it reads, a follow up against a knocked down enemy, remember that the enemy must be fully laying in the ground, so they should have completed their "being knocked down" animation when performing the move.

Combos that you should bother yourself with or also know as "bread and butter" (I hate that term, har har).

- cr .B -> cr .A -> bk fwd .B (1 hit) -> dwn .C -> fwd .B -> qcf .C
Your main "no bar" combo. It needs you to be very close to the enemy.

- cr .B -> cr .A -> bk fwd .B (1 hit) -> dwn .C -> fwd fwd .A -> .C .D
A variation of the above combo, you can replace the fwd fwd with the DM.

- cls .D -> fwd .B (1 hit) -> BC (MAX MODE) -> cls .D -> fwd .B (1 hit) -> bk fwd .B (1 hit) -> dwn .C -> fwd fwd .A -> (Super Cancel) bk , DP .A
The DM can be done as MAX, the uppercut might whiff against some characters, in that just case omit it. It's much easier to do near the corner.

- RDP .D -> HCF .D ~~ fwd .D -> HCF .D ~~ fwd .D -> fwd fwd .D
It sound easier than it is, needs a little bit of practice. Depending on your distance to the corner you can add more or different hits (and it's easier to perform); and that needs a lot of experimentation and creativity.

- QCB .A -> up- .B -> fwd fwd .D (only the last hit connects) -> dwn dwn dwn .C .D
Corner only, MAX2 combo.

- QCB .A -> up- .B -> dwn .C (whiff) -> fwd .D -> fwd fwd .D
No bar variation of the above combo You can't follow it up with the Max 2 afterwards, since the last attack doesn't hit properly.

There are a bunch of other combos that are only good when the situation presents itself and you improvise with them, for example :

- HCF .D ~~ dwn .D -> HCF .D ~~ dwn .C -> bk , DP .C
A "long" low hit combo from distance, also the fact that you gave 2 low attacks helps you to eye confirm if the attacks are blocked or not.

- HCF .D ~~ up- .D -> HCF .D ~~ up- .D -> HCF .D ~~ up- .D -> bk , DP .C
Super hard to perform, and also the if you perform it fast enough is a marvelous whiff sequence, where you have the time to carefully observe how the enemy is reacting.

Her max mode combos are complicated, hard and do little damage, maybe I'll add some of them later.

Changes from vanilla to unlimited :

Her UC (chain) system is pretty much the same, but :
- Her BCD dodge now doesn't offer almost complete invincibility. In vanilla the move was something like 100% invincible (during the complete duration of the mvoe ) with the neutral direction and something like 95% invincible (small vulnerability at the end) for either backwards or froward movement. Now is like 60% invincibly for neutral, and for about 40% invincible for backwards or forward movement (she is vulnerable after the initial spin is done).
- Her infinite got removed, as a consequence of that (or as a cause, as you might see it) she can no longer use her UC moves " up- .K " or " up- .P " moves to juggle the enemy while in mid air (heavily limiting the combos that you could do aside the infinite), there are some exception to her " up- .K " or " up- .P " can't juggle, but nothing that allows you to do flashy combos, let alone any infinite.
- Her df .B no longer needs to be blocked low.
- Her QCB .C Got beefed up and now has KoF 2001 block stun (it leaves the enemy there, it doesn't push them away).
- Her Loyalist Test for the liberalist DM ( bk , DP .P ) can now be done outside " UC " Chain system, has sightly slower start up and has a very big lag at the end.
- Her SDM can be done stand alone without the counter prior to it with a new sequence ( dwn dwn dwn .C .D ). Ergo, she now has a very strong follow up to her non roll recovery attacks (her RDP .K throw and her UC finisher fwd fwd .K ).

... I can't remember right now, I'll get to this when I'm actually near the game.

Footage of a good Angel player 周位全 , I think that he is from HK

Good fight, but he whiffed the straight victory by not getting right the max2

Another Fun Angel player, nick is 焱 (or " 香港希焱 ", I'm not sure) and he is from HK.

Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Wed Apr 06, 2011 04:34, edited 20 times in total.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Re: 2k2 UM - Anhell

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Nov 07, 2010 00:06

More later

devlkore
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Better with girls
Currently Playing:KOF2K2UM, SSF4, Blast Works
XBL:Mad Mistress

Post by devlkore » Sun Nov 07, 2010 01:36

Any tips for buffering her DM in UC chains? I can do it in a test combo of df .B , dwn .P , bk DP .P
but then I always screw it up in the combo I really want to use it for: .A , bk fwd .K , up- .K , dwn .P , bk DP .P

Also, if you land a clean QCB .P , what options are there apart from QCB .P , fwd .K , fwd fwd .K ?
I didn't play Angel until yesterday so I missed out on all the fun of OG2K2 Angel. I was trying for ages to dash after the f+k and then land u+p or u+k, glad I wasn't just being lame, they actually don't connect at all.

I've only tried it in practice mode, but it seems you can land her HSDM after a sweep, if you buffer it so you press the last down+LP+HP just as they hit the floor. This may need more testing or I may be completely wrong.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Nov 07, 2010 01:47

Id have to get back to you on that since I did that vid above like when the game came out and kinda forgot her changes now haha, but as far as i remember, qcb+A/C was pretty useless now compared to OG 2k2 (combo wise).

You cant (technically) do HSDM after cD cos its not a knockdown and can roll recover from it. The only knockdowns she has is her rdp+B/D (shown in my vid) or ff=B/D in her UC chains ender.

Ill was going to go and check new things with her in time so ill get back to you when I can.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Nov 08, 2010 01:12

First post updated, I could go into a deep technical talk that pretty much would over stretch the text up to for about 30 times it's current length, but right now that much is not necessary, it's better to follow a question -> answer type of conversation.

I used weird fluorescent colors in order to hurt everyone's eyes and not have that huge chunk of text being so confusing and dense... I don't think I'll have the time to do May Lee today as well.

Considering how the previous smoai channel's deletion pretty much scrapped access to the only 02um Angel player that I liked to see, maybe I'll dig around later for someone using her as she should be used.

devlkore
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by devlkore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 03:28

Thanks for updating this Toxic :)

A couple of things:

At the Wasteland can be comboed from long AND regular jumps, just not hops. You can also combo a neutral jumping .A .C or .D into it.

Red Sky of Japonesia's motion is QCB .K

Senseless Fists can't be comboed from light kicks (unless I am having execution failure, but I don't think so). Maybe you meant you can combo from light kick into light punch THEN Senseless Fists, but that will confuse people.

Survivors Banquet is dwn dwn dwn .C .D

Regarding Full Moon Evening, you CAN super cancel it before the punch comes out, but only into Loyalty Test For Liberalists (though it becomes blockable). It's a shame because there could be some nice mixup potential if you could cancel into Wind's Fairground, maybe too OP, dunno.

I need to do some checking regarding her cancels, because just now I realised that you can combo Reppun Kamui after Senseless Chatter, but you can't combo Senseless Fists after Senseless Chatter. This applies to raw and cancelled Senseless Chatter. I wonder what other oddities she has like this.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Nov 08, 2010 04:35

devlkore wrote: At the Wasteland can be comboed from long AND regular jumps, just not hops. You can also combo a neutral jumping .A .C or .D into it.
No. The moves "look the same" but are different, thus you can only cancel them from a long type of jump. The same happens with Kyo-2 double air attack
Red Sky of Japonesia's motion is QCB .K
It's HCB
Senseless Fists can't be comboed from light kicks (unless I am having execution failure, but I don't think so). Maybe you meant you can combo from light kick into light punch THEN Senseless Fists, but that will confuse people.
Senseless Fist can be comboed from light kicks, but you need to link it after it (it's extremely tough to do so from light kicks, and easier from a standing low kick)... By lights attack, I mean "attacks that have short hit stun such as any type of light attack) I'll change it though, to make it clearer.
Survivors Banquet is dwn dwn dwn .C .D
I always get thing wrong ( ° A ° )

I need to do some checking regarding her cancels, because just now I realised that you can combo Reppun Kamui after Senseless Chatter, but you can't combo Senseless Fists after Senseless Chatter. This applies to raw and cancelled Senseless Chatter. I wonder what other oddities she has like this.

You made me double check... and you can input a Senseless Fists after a Senseless Chatter if done "raw" / stand alone (as well as the canceled Chatter, but that we knew).

devlkore
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by devlkore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:04

asss
Damn, I feel so phail. Could you elaborate on this though:
No. The moves "look the same" but are different, thus you can only cancel them from a long type of jump. The same happens with Kyo-2 double air attack
I don't really understand, you kinda make it sound like she has two moves that look the same and have the same command? If so, how do you tell them apart?

Is the senseless chatter > senseless fists combo a link too or am I just failing again?

Finally, what version do you play? Wanna teach a nub? Also maybe they changed japonesias motion, I'm sure its only qcb in 360 version.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:47

devlkore wrote: Is the senseless chatter > senseless fists combo a link too or am I just failing again?
f+B,(1 hit), b~f+B

devlkore
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by devlkore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 21:40

I'm such a nub, yes, you are of course right about the motion being half circle, I guess I was just over rotating, blah. Also, just went into practice mode and got that senseless combo (all versions) first time. I will refrain from posting "corrections" in the early hours since I obviously cannot execute past my bedtime.

Thanks again for the info.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Dec 29, 2010 04:10

I updated some fights in the first post (they are from gametalk, the logo should tell you which are they).