2k2 UM - Shermie

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
2k2 UM - Shermie

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 13:53

Shermie has become more combo friendly and more crap at the same time.

Based on her nerfed 2k2 version, she still has that slow far c. C which, while slow, has great priority.

Her far C is also slow but has the same priority.

Close C seems to be as awesome as it used to, but you need to be really close.

c .B is still not quite instant, but combos into qcb + .P or grab; works well as anti air!

.B on it's own is still awesome in priority and combos on either hit.

Her j .C is nerfed. It's like they ripped off half the hit box. She can still crossup, but it's a lot harder to do.

Her crossup games in the corner kind of half work.

If you follow up her hcf .P with qcf .K then you cannot safely attack - ie, the opponent will stand back up before you can reach them again, which is why I rarely use it, instead going for pressure/crossups.

Fwd .A is quite funny if you hit it, you will stand only a fraction sooner than the opponent which leads to a tense mind game - note that any normal attack you use would be eaten by a command grab!

Fwd .B works well but most importantly it now combos into DM grab!!!!!!!!!! And it's EASY - > .C --> fwd .B --> hcb x2 + .P

Of course you can tack on SDM, the only thing I'm trying to find now is if Shermie ever counts to 3 (but I guess not because then she'd be the winner lol)

You can also ABC to dodge, and she has dodge attack, which can be cancelled into qcb .P

devlkore
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Better with girls
Currently Playing:KOF2K2UM, SSF4, Blast Works
XBL:Mad Mistress

Re: 2k2 UM - Shermie

Post by devlkore » Sat Nov 06, 2010 15:13

Thanks for the info.

Any tips on using DP .K for anti air? I think for me its 50/50 who wins the exchange.
I have been using QCB .P as an anti air with some success.

Also, have fun using her HCBFWD .P counter against whip happy whips from almost full screen xx
Won a close match yesterday with that :)

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: 2k2 UM - Shermie

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Nov 06, 2010 19:40

don't use DP .K

I much prefer qcb .P

But even better as anti air is c .B which then combos

Another thing to use as anti air is fwd .A - if anything touches it, on ground or air... wham! But it has slow startup so you need to predict a jump in and make sure you have time to execute it, it's not instant anti air, like a DP, but good for jump spammers like Iori