2k2 UM - Shingo Yabuki

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
2k2 UM - Shingo Yabuki

Post by Kane317 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:34

From CX:
TV-kun :
I tried some stuff with him

Shingo 100% combo.

Max, sC, dp+B, qcf+A, dp+B, qcf+A, hcb+B, qcfx2+AC, qcfx2+AC, bdp+D (5 stocks)

---

Shingo hcb+K has OTG now =]
I tested your combo, great find, but I made it much simpler. Max: dp+B [2hits], qcf+A, dp+B[2hits], qcf+A, qcfx2+AC, qcfx2+AC, rdp+D (if the third hit comes out on the rdp+D then it's 100%).

-dp+K combos off strong attacks too now

-d.B into s.C works like Kyo

-f+B but itself overheads AND combos --> f+B any of his DMs (including HSDM).

-Just like before, in order for a s.C, f+B, qcfx2+AC SDM to connect you have to press punch one more time after the SDM to trigger the shoulder earlier.

-Curious that it says on the skill list that his qcb+P (his overhead elbow) wires...but I can't see that happening as it send the opponent straight downwards...

B'nB:
-d.B, d.A, qcf+A
-s.C, f+B, qcf+C
-d.B, s.C, hcb+D

-d.B, d.A, dp+P
-d.B, d.A, rdp+K
-Close s.B/s.C, dp+K, rdp+D

Very solid this year. Easy to use, great combos, great damage, great mixups (high, low, grabs), great maxcancels etc...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Re: 2k2 UM - Shingo Yabuki

Post by Tel » Wed Mar 04, 2009 14:57

Kane317 wrote:From CX:
Very solid this year. Easy to use, great combos, great damage, great mixups (high, low, grabs), great maxcancels etc...
Shingo in 2k1 was admittedly his strongest version, and I'm glad 2k2UM kept that. His new MAX2 is pretty good too.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Mar 04, 2009 17:13

Kane317 wrote:
-Curious that it says on the skill list that his qcb+P (his overhead elbow) wires...but I can't see that happening as it send the opponent straight downwards...
Remember that his Qcb + punch works like Kusanagi's Qcb + punch, before the punch comes out it works as a reversal to standing and crouching attacks. The reversal animation is the one that can counter wire. I remember that in 2001 you could do counter wire reversal -> MAX x2 -> attack, and was pretty insane in damage.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 21:42

Please add the following:

* Down B is cancellable into a special. So you can do stuff like down b x 2, qcf + A

* QCF + A has WTF FAST recovery, just like 98. It's very spammable. Use as a brainless poke.

* std C --> dp + K now combos reliably. It sucks the opponent in like it did in 98. Now you can use it as a clutch combo without having to worry about it whiffing.

* RDP + K has less recovery. You can do some weird mindgames with it (std C, f + B, RDP + B as a pressure string - RDP + B acts as an empty hop so you can do dp + K when you land)

* HSDM is lulz - it's like a "MAX" burning Shingo, but Shingo pauses in the middle of it to bust out his notebook cos he forgets what he's supposed to do for the rest of the HSDM.

* A and C versions of qcf x 2 + AC DM cause different effects just like in 2k1. A version knocks back, C version knocks up for a free juggle.

* Did I mention his qcf + A is spammable? Seriously. It's HOLY CRAP spammable.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 23:47

Iie-Kyo wrote:Please add the following:
dp+D (if the third hit comes out on the rdp+D then it's 100%).

The third hit can be "forced" manually by pressing down + strong kick..... like in every other kof game.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 03:43

Toxic Avanger wrote:
Iie-Kyo wrote:Please add the following:
rdp+D (if the third hit comes out on the rdp+D then it's 100%).

The third hit can be "forced" manually by pressing down + strong kick..... like in every other kof game.
I did not know that, cool. So he can force the last hit of rdp+K and he can force his shoulder in qcfx2+P DM to come out faster as well, interesting Shingo.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 04:51

-Just tested: d.B, d.BC (now MAXed), qcf+A, qcfx2+C DM, rdp+D ~42% (50% with last hit of rdp+D) vs. MAX: d.B, dp+B[2hits], qcf+A, dp+B[2hits], qcf+A, qcfx2+C DM, rdp+D does 55% (~62% with last hit). Thanks Jhun from CX for the tip on how to shortcut the Q.MAX.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:31

You don't need the extra hit for the 100% TOD if you start off the combo with a jump D.

That's pretty funny. Shingo needs it though.

By the way, the method you said about doing the third hit "manually" for the RDP + D is not true. I did 50 repetitions of the RDP + D ending it with the d + D and 50 repetitions of the RDP + D not pressing anything. Both had the same results. From what I can conclude from this experiment, the last hit is random. It's not listed in the movelist either.

Urban legend?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 20:27

Iie-Kyo wrote:You don't need the extra hit for the 100% TOD if you start off the combo with a jump D.

That's pretty funny. Shingo needs it though.

By the way, the method you said about doing the third hit "manually" for the RDP + D is not true. I did 50 repetitions of the RDP + D ending it with the d + D and 50 repetitions of the RDP + D not pressing anything. Both had the same results. From what I can conclude from this experiment, the last hit is random. It's not listed in the movelist either.

Urban legend?
Toxic Avanger wrote: The third hit can be "forced" manually by pressing down + strong kick..... like in every other kof game.
Damnit, I was hoping it was true. Testing in the corner only, I can get 90% success by pressing down. It's so strange.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Nov 23, 2010 02:12

Transcript coming soon

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Nov 23, 2010 04:43

Dark_Chaotix wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHjuB9RmJ8g

Transcript coming soon
I noticed that you didn't included Shingo's best known and most useful staple combo, which is cls C -> fwd D -> Qcf x 2 + A -> Qcf A.... Perhaps you don't know how to perform it? To perform that combo with 100% accuracy against everyone without whiffing it you need to activate the DM before it activates itself automatically.

By activate I mean, normally the DM runs towards the enemy and when Shingo is right next to them he performs the shoulder charge. If you press a punch button while Shingo is running (and not necessarily close to the enemy) Shingo will perform the shoulder charge with the button tap. That would basically gets us:

- cls .C -> fwd .B -> qcf qcf .A (DM) -> .A (activating the DM) -> qcf .A.

Depending on how late the DM lands you can try other types of follow ups to it, I don't really know just how many things can Shingo land In there, I don't even know if you can add a crouching B in there (I do remember adding a jumping attack to it easily).

Another good thing that you missed is that his MAX qcf qcf DM can hit an air bound enemy, for example you can do something like this.

-> Activate MAX MODE -> QCB .C -> Successfully counter something -> qcf qcf + .A .C -> qcf qcf .A .C -> Attack.

I don't remember if he had more.... pragmatic combos with 2 DMs in there; I'm really not deep on it when it comes to Shingo.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Nov 23, 2010 15:27

My purpose for these vids were just to showcase combos that we BnB and viable in a real match. I missed a few things in vice vid like qcb+A on counter into qcb+A etc. Im aware of the shingo stuff you mentioned below (besides the counter qcb+A into SDM etc). These are the combo I use and would think that most other players would use, but i guess its good to know other obscure things. Thats up to the player themselves to experiment and find out.