2k2 UM - K'

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.
2k2 UM - K'

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:43

And now for our NESTS saga coverboy, K'.

They buffed him, BIGTIME. They combined 99-2001 versions of K' to make a pretty damn good K'.

* Overall voice changes for everything. He sounds more subdued. Not as much yelling. :(

Normals:
* Most important change, he can cancel from his down B. And it cancels into itself, meaning you can do stuff like down B x 2, Ein Trigger. Friggin' awesome for high low mixups.
* Far C is cancellable. Good for those "FUCK I MISSED THE CLOSE C" situations. Also a bit faster.
* Close C doesn't have pushback, which means the second hit of the close C almost always combos.
* f + A comes out faster.

Specials
* Ein Trigger now properly combos off of light attacks, and get this - EITHER button can be used.
* Ein Trigger STILL can either be done in knockdown form (A version) and non-knockdown form (C version).
* Ein Trigger now has the old 2k1 Blackout followup, bk + K. The B version is JUST as fast as the 2k1 version, which means you can play some crazy ass rushdown with this and the down B.
* Ein Trigger now has a new Minutes Spike followup, qcb + K. Useful as another option select for mindfuck options. If you see them rolling from far away, smack them with the Minutes Spike. The attack doesn't knockback like a regular Minutes Spike though.
* Ein Trigger --> Second Shoot can combo from the middle of the screen with NO problems.
* A Crow Bites can super cancel off the second hit like in XI. Unfortunately it doesn't juggle, so wtf?
* Narrow Spike can only be done off of the D Minutes Spike. You can still do the Narrow Spike quickly enough so that the Minutes Spike doesn't even hit.
A version Ein Trigger has almost NO recovery. You get frame advantage if the opponent blocks it, and if you do it from far away you recover fast enough to block an opponent's preemptive punishment attempt. USE AND ABUSE.

DMs/SDMs
* Instant access to SDM chain drive + all his Ein Trigger mindfuck options = awesome.

HSDM (MAX2)
* Redone Crimson Star Road animation. Input is much easier and lenient. Instant access also makes it harder for people to predict. It has no "DM flash" until it actually hits. This is a good thing. Oh, and it now combos off an Ein Trigger --> Second Shoot anywhere. Meaning instant 50% life taken. Ouch.

Basically, 2k2 K' is a force to be reckoned with. Not scrubby like 2k3 K', not as cheap as 2k1' K (lol Minutes Spike juggle x n), but has some solid rushdown options and SPEED that he was missing from his normal 2k2 arcade counterpart.

PLAY HIM.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Re: 2k2 UM - K'

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:49

A couple of other things that I saw in various videos:
- far C was cancellable in one of the first videos posted on the Internet...don't know if this has been changed
- Narrow spike is apparently super cancellable (Narrow Spike -> SDM Chain Drive in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV03711O ... 1&index=51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Crimson Star Road is more like the MI2 version in that it's a counter move.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:57

SonicTempest wrote:A couple of other things that I saw in various videos:
- far C was cancellable in one of the first videos posted on the Internet...don't know if this has been changed
- Narrow spike is apparently super cancellable (Narrow Spike -> SDM Chain Drive in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV03711O ... 1&index=51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Crimson Star Road is more like the MI2 version in that it's a counter move.
Far C cancellable. :o Yep, you're right, holy shit.

Narrow Spike was super cancellable in 2k2 Arcade, nothing new there.

Crimson Star Road is a ranbu, basically. Even though it looks like the MI2 version.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Mar 04, 2009 08:44

I was thinking on doing this thread, but beer, wine & women got in the way.
Iie-Kyo wrote:And now for our NESTS saga coverboy, K'.

* Ein Trigger now has a new Minutes Spike followup, qcb + K. Useful as another option select for mindfuck options. If you see them rolling from far away, smack them with the Minutes Spike. The attack doesn't knockback like a regular Minutes Spike though.
There is a really, really far away distance where the trigger -> shoot will miss. On that very same distance, trigger (either button) -> D spike will most likely hit. Also, it hurts more than the shoot.
* A Crow Bites can super cancel off the second hit like in XI. Unfortunately it doesn't juggle, so wtf?
The weak crow bites? there is no difficulty on doing something like weak crow brites -> heat drive -> hold -> release.

+ Pointers :

-> He has is neo wave / 99' combo. Corner cls D, foward + A, weak trigger -> shell, weak trigger -> shoot -> CD / crow bites or normal chain drive.

-> His cls C works like in '99, that means that the first hit of the attack "locks" the enemy on their place, and as such, things like cls C (1 hit) fwd + A, trigger -> shoot can now work everywhere. Also, there is much less danger of the second hit whiffing against blocks.

-> While his second shoot is on screen, you can perform special moves that don't involve the trigger. The lack of this was a HUGE annoyance in the normal '02.

+ Speeches (because game play threads are for nubs) :

Intro vs Kula : Kikon de ro yo -> "such persistence" (kinda unsure about this)

Intro vs Maxima Tekagen surun na -> "No holding back"

During Knee Assault : Amai zo -> "too easy"

During Second shell : TOBE -> "FLY"

During Chain Driver : Chi········ sora yo -> "Tche........ over there"

During Crimson Star Road : Ikuze····· Kuro da yo··· MA KURO -> "Let's go.... It's dark... COMPLETELY DARK".

First victory pose : Ouchi ni kaen na -> "Just go home"

Victory over Nameless : Chi- nan nanda yo -> "Tche- and what's the deal?"

Victory over Kula : Boku -chan te dare da yo? -> "Now who is the little kid?" (Diana was using boku -chan on him on their intro). It's a little different that the one from the original '02.

... The rest was kept like the original 02 (or '99, for his vs Krizalid or vs Kyo), but you remember those, don't you? And as such I don't have to list them wow

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Wed Mar 04, 2009 09:25

I'm happy to see that close C works like it did in 99, which is where I used K' the most and learned his basics of comboing.
Last edited by Bugle/Hawk'M on Thu Mar 05, 2009 04:18, edited 1 time in total.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42

Toxic Avanger wrote:I was thinking on doing this thread, but beer, wine & women got in the way.
What happened after?

...sorry I had to, you left that one open =)

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 21:49

Made a few additions.

By the way, try spam the A version Ein Trigger. Then spam the C version. Notice a difference? Yep, the A version is VERY abusable and fast.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri May 08, 2009 11:46

Addition:

K' A Ein Trigger is so fast he can "link" it off his far A. Yes, he can LINK it.

So you can do: dwn B dwn B far A, qcf + A --> followup.

Gotta love this mofo.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun May 10, 2009 10:45

Iie-Kyo wrote:Addition:

Gotta love this mofo.
Knee asault -> B minute spike can be done outside MAX mode. Huge add, that will prevent you from eating those special throws or crouching Cs on successful hit. This is my favorite change so far.

Also that combo can catch anyone in the game by the front even if they are a crouching Choi / Chin / Bao or any other midget.

EDIT : Oh, I forgot to mention it before, but his close standing D now hits low and is cancelable, similar to Seth.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 17:20

qcf, dp .c = DP .c cancelled into qcf x2 .P

In 2k2, up against another K', where both are triggering like crazy, i noted qcbhcf .p was quite good at snuffing them out as it would go over the ein trigger. In 2k2um, with A Ein Trigger's improved recovery, this may not work anymore.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 09:36

Might aswell put that up.