Mature (XII)

Information and discussion
Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...
Mature (XII)

Post by Yuki Yagami » Fri May 08, 2009 10:15

Let us discuss about Elle Driv..er...Mature

Confirmed moves so far:
Despair
DM: Heaven's Gate

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Re: Mature (XII)

Post by Max » Sat May 09, 2009 00:49

Judging from the video, it seems that they've recycled her voice from 2k2.

In my book, that's a shame, since you can't hear her laugh maniacally during her DM.

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Greed Sever » Thu May 14, 2009 05:24

On an utterly unimportant note...
http://www.famitsu.com/image/1192/OX7f6 ... N7i58.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In that picture, if you look at the portrait it's over her left eye, but on the actual sprite it's over her right eye :o Doesn't make much sense considering...
http://www.famitsu.com/image/1192/YR9E8 ... TJi3Z.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I may be stupid from sleep deprivation, but does the patch stay on the correct side regardless of which side she's facing? Because that would be pretty great.
EDIT: nevermind, from watching the video again, it seems the only reason the first picture looked like that was because Mature switches sides in mid move.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 03:56

http://xs139.xs.to/xs139/09201/kof12_mature825.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...two special moves? WTF?

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Tue Jun 09, 2009 04:58

It's not even her best ones either. Hope she has some great normals then I guess.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 14:21

The heck? I don't think anyone has that little moves in XII, even DL has more than that. This is weird.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 20:25

Maybe the official console release will have another special? They still got about a month maybe they can do it.

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Greed Sever » Wed Jun 10, 2009 21:40

^^ I don't think so, I doubt they'd throw in a move list before they had finished the moves. It's pretty ludicrous, if they had just added Deicide even it would be more acceptable, but this is way too little. And is it fair to assume that judging by that pic she doesn't even have any command normals? xmad

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:36

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... re_cm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Combo movie.
* The forward flip (now done by dp+P) can be faked out by not inputting P afterwards to get the slash, and it looks like you can use it for mixups as a result.
* It looks like her f+C links to d.A, which combos to QCB+K.
* dp+P,P seems to cross up at the right distance.

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Thu Jun 11, 2009 19:40

TWO MOVES!?? Oh good lord - what the fuck is SNK's problem!?? Are they allergic to success and money???? This freaking ruins Mature's inclusion for me and is yet another strike against XII. I don't think I'll be buying XII at this rate... Someone wake me when XIII is released (provided SNK doesn't go bankrupt before that happens).

EDIT: Maybe they're planning on selling the rest of Mature's movelist as DLC

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 21:43

SonicTempest wrote:http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... re_cm.html

Combo movie.
* The forward flip (now done by dp+P) can be faked out by not inputting P afterwards to get the slash, and it looks like you can use it for mixups as a result.
* It looks like her f+C links to d.A, which combos to QCB+K.
* dp+P,P seems to cross up at the right distance.
the combo on athena looks odd...looked like she'd go to the other side but she didn't. hmmm

I think the effectiveness of her dp+P mixups will probably depend a lot on how safe dp+P is on guard

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57

We had a test version of the console release at our Australian Nationals over the weekend. Yup, two moves. No command normals either except the standard f+C/D. f+C does have reasonable range. Umm, d.B, B, qcb+B works. The qcb+P without the attack follow up does quite a good job getting over the other side but yeah, ridiculously limited character in the version we were playing and I can't see a new move being added at this stage.

fatacon
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by fatacon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 08:22

i tried liking mature i really did...

her specials aren't so bad although their dmg output is rather low. however, it's her normals i have beef with. particularly her jC and jD.

jC is probably her best jump-in (from what i gather) but the range is horrid; you must land rather deep.

jD is more of an air-to-air move due to the angle of the kick, but is limited in much else.

sC is deceptive in its range. while it looks like the hitbox for the sprite of her arm completely overlaps during the animation, it doesn't actually hit till extremely close.

sD is slow and lacks any sort of decent range. might have terrible recovery on block.

sB and cB are probably her best ground pokes rangewise, but sA and cA have it beat, obviously, in speed.

i might not touch her for a while... unless you guys found out some tricks and are holding out on me!

*side note* can someone confirm whether or not her close dp + A crosses up?

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Tue Jul 28, 2009 20:05

fatacon wrote:*side note* can someone confirm whether or not her close dp + A crosses up?
It will cross up using the A version in close if you delay the slice just a moment, otherwise it will just hit in front. I tried it out on a big guy (Raiden), average guy, and small guy (Chin) and it worked on all of them. Funny thing happened with Chin though. I had the training dummy on guard all, but when I did dp + A up close and executed the attack right away Chin wouldn't block it. I don't know if it is an AI glitch or what. Maybe on Chin you don't have to delay to get the crossup or something (though that still doesn't explain why he wouldn't block). I should test it out on a friend who is just holding forward the whole time. It completely wiffs blocking opponents.

EDIT
Did some more messing around with other stuff. B definately seems like the goto button for her. Standing, crouching, and jumping all have good speed and range.

Some basic combos:
cB, cB, sB, qcb+B
jC, sC, CD, qcb+B or dp+C, C or qcb hcf+K
Following up with dp+C, C does more damage than qcb+B, and they both leave you the same distance from the opponent, so the dp+C, C version is preferable. Without the jump in you could also start it with sD, though I don't know how useful that would be.

CC, dp+A, A, dp+A, A, dp+A, A, CD, qcb+B or qcb hcf+K
This one does 560 something damage. Technically it is a corner combo, but you can start the CC from about half the stage length away from the side and the dp+A's will take you close enough. If you are too far from the edge you can also delay the A after the first dp+A to cross up and start moving them in the other direction. This will also make the opponent launch slightly higher and further, which might be useful in some way for a better combo. Worst case scenario you can omit the CD and you won't need to be in the corner. You might be able to get more damage/hits out of this (especially in the corner).

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 17:50

Mature is amazing in this game.

It seems she can combo a qcb+B after her Heavens Gate DM, but as much as I try I cannot seem to pull it off. I assume it is actually something that happened with the update patch, because I'm running the game unpatched until the Raiden/Liz bug is fixed.

I've even seen a combo vid with Heavens Gate, s.B, qcb+B afterwards and it's really getting to me!

c.C, CD~Heavens Gate = #1!

CH f+C, s.B, qcb+B also, might work on non CH, will try eventually.