Leona (XII)

Information and discussion
Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Re: Leona (XII)

Post by Tiamat » Fri Jul 31, 2009 04:22

If you are close/react fast enough the best combo is probably to run up and do C f+B DM

fatacon
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by fatacon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 07:33

grand saber can be direction changed indefinitely by alternating B and D (i previously thought the move was only limited to one directional change so i apologize if you guys had already noted this). however, i don't see any practical use for this as i hardly, if ever, directional change in the first place.

now if only her backstep was a backrun... xmad

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 17:42

ArkiveZero wrote:what is leona's best combo after getting a counter hit wtih f+C?
After a CH f+C, you should be close enough to do her bnb s.C > f+B > V-Slasher/X-Calibre

Just noting down some general info;

From anywhere, CC > c.C > Moon Slasher(C) > f+C > f+B > V-Slasher/X-Calibre
Corner has already been mentioned, but CC > Moon Slasher(A)x3 > Moon Slasher(C)x2

You can pretty much just screw around with any CC, I play with this corner combo for style, CC > Baltic Launcher(A) > Baltic Launcher(C) > V-Slasher...

Contrary to an earlier post, V-Slasher can be TK'd, relatively easily I might add.

Her Ground Sabre goes under high fireballs, but not anything at Athena's level or lower, neutral hop CD is a good low stuffer if you don't like f+B.

She can only combo V-Slasher from her A in the air, meaning you can still do instant overhead qcf, uf+A, hcb+C for A into DM.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 06:01

counterhit D stuns for eons just like counterhit f+C and you can go into the same combo

fatacon
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by fatacon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 22:52

next to an opponent, qcf, uf, qcf + A/C will perform a v-slasher from behind the opponent (only works if the uf input places you above/over the opponent).

i doubt it, but can someone help me confirm if this crosses up for not? either way, if blocked, C version at least puts you a short distance away from the opponent.