PS2 Challenge Mode COMPLETE - #30 video added

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 20:01

Sigh, I suck big time at canceling King's df+D from her close D, and there's getting the Tornado Kick to do the first hit and landing soon enough to pull out a Trap Shot. A macro for challenge 20 would be most appreciated. :P

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 21:26

Tel wrote:Sigh, I suck big time at canceling King's df+D from her close D, and there's getting the Tornado Kick to do the first hit and landing soon enough to pull out a Trap Shot. A macro for challenge 20 would be most appreciated. :P
You mean 29 right?

The thing with the macro system is that it should be very simple to use, but when I record, I must have the most unprecise movements ever. The Japanese wiki has posted macros, this seems 200% more efficient than mine!

SK Nx28
←↓/ SK
Nx102
→\↓/← LK
Nx49
→↓\ LK
Nx118
[LP+LK+SP]
Nx28
→↓\ LK

Let us know if it works!

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Fri Jul 11, 2008 22:24

Bankotsu wrote:"same character" refers to same color, last night I played with some friends and we were selecting characters with same colours like: 1P Kyo A colour and 2P Kyo A colour too, it's confusing but you can select the same colour like your challenger
:smile:
No, your friend probably just picked with R2 when you hadn't made a custom color yet. For some reason custom colors are by default the normal A and B color but the game doesn't differentiate between them.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 05:12

Gunsmith wrote:
Tel wrote:Sigh, I suck big time at canceling King's df+D from her close D, and there's getting the Tornado Kick to do the first hit and landing soon enough to pull out a Trap Shot. A macro for challenge 20 would be most appreciated. :P
You mean 29 right?

The thing with the macro system is that it should be very simple to use, but when I record, I must have the most unprecise movements ever. The Japanese wiki has posted macros, this seems 200% more efficient than mine!

SK Nx28
←↓/ SK
Nx102
→\↓/← LK
Nx49
→↓\ LK
Nx118
[LP+LK+SP]
Nx28
→↓\ LK

Let us know if it works!
I've tried it partially, but I doubt it'll work, as firstly, it cancels from the 2nd hit of her close D. Secondly, the Tornado Kick hits on the 2nd hit as well, so even before I programmed the rest of the macro, I suspect the Trap Shot won't connect. I'll try the entire thing later and conform.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Jul 12, 2008 08:46

I tried the whole macro out
and it works! You just need to add a jump attack

it's that simple to program?!!?

Sheeesh

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sat Jul 12, 2008 09:53

Yeah, 2 hits of close D works fine. The trick is that you can't start the combo with Ryo fully in the corner, he has to be moved out a few paces for the trap shot to connect.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34

I didn't know that, but it worked anyway!? Maybe it's because I used jump A

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 16:06

Got challenge 29 cleared at last. Thank goodness. :P

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Jul 12, 2008 19:40

lol all cleared de ah? u playing on pad or stick?

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Jul 12, 2008 22:45

which macro did you end up using Tel?

all challenges complete - welcome to scrub heaven

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OQBa0RRC8Yk

fatacon
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fatacon » Sun Jul 13, 2008 04:03

not sure if this was changed or not but...

#5: only forward guard cancel rolls would register towards the 5 required, backward guard cancel rolls did not

#7: you only have to chain a normal, command move, and special. i used s.A, f+A, qcb+A (aka Iori's default macro) and it passed somehow.

i've only started on challenge so i suppose i'll post more if i find anything. that is, unless everybody knows this stuff already.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 04:56

J]-[UN wrote:lol all cleared de ah? u playing on pad or stick?
I have an arcade stick, which helped tremendously with the challenges. Triple EX King, here I come! :D

@Gun, I used the macro from the wiki, but only partially. I was too lazy to program 100 neutrals, so I stopped the macro at the first Trap Shot and finished the combo myself. The only real headache for me was the Tornado Kick (and canceling after df+D for the alternative solution). Once I got the Tornado Kick hitting properly, the double Trap Shots were a breeze.

I cleared challenge 30 on my first try using Rugal (and being an all-round cheap ass with him), but replaying the challenge sure feels a lot harder LOL. :-P

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sun Jul 13, 2008 20:11

lol not bad not bad, now u need to go get FF9 and dun die to first boss XD

Have u been practicing ur guilty gear? =D Wheres a good place to buy a stick, and can I hook it up to PC with an adaptor or something for ggpo (i've stopped playing online cos keyboard just sucks)

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 02:26

J]-[UN wrote:lol not bad not bad, now u need to go get FF9 and dun die to first boss XD

Have u been practicing ur guilty gear? =D Wheres a good place to buy a stick, and can I hook it up to PC with an adaptor or something for ggpo (i've stopped playing online cos keyboard just sucks)
Sigh, you're never going to let that FF9 bit go, aren't you? :P

I got my stick from Play-Asia. It's got a PS2 connector as well as a USB port, so I can plug it into my PC or a PS2 too. The stick generally works well for UM, but if you roll the joystick around it's square shaped inside, which means it's not 100% accurate. There's a huge difference in accuracy between playing 98UM and classic 98, and the only reason I'm not having any trouble with UM is because the commands are so much more forgiving.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:16

Wah help order one for me la u know I've been looking for one for so long T_T