MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Jul 09, 2008 17:52

I just saw a link to this thread from Insert Credit <_<

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 18:55

We're world famous!

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Wed Jul 09, 2008 20:00

Indeed!

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Jul 09, 2008 21:25

I just spent half a day on beating the orochi (vid up on first post). It was 30mins beating them then half a day trying to get a capture which didn't make me totally retarded. Now I only look half retarded.

now for the boss team...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 04:56

I don't know, but the challenges that involved beating up a number of characters were pretty easy for me. It's the combo stuff that's driving me nuts. Getting the finger agility to pull off challenges 20, 24, 26 and 29 is a pain for me. Challenge 29 is especially frustrating because it's one of those combos I'm capable of pulling off, but I just can't get the timing right for the Tornado Kick to only get the first kick in. I can get only the 2nd kick in, but then the Trap Shot wouldn't juggle.

The Mary, Heavy D and Kyo combos are pretty much out of my league. I may be able to pull the Heavy D combo if it was in Advanced Mode, but a crouching A > Quick MAX > SDM is a bit too fast for me. Thanks for that macro BTW. Programming it took a while, but I was too lazy to train my reflexes. :D

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 06:44

but I don't know why you bored with Qmaxing inside the combo... Just activate max mode, cross up C, cr B x 6, cr A, SDM was enough...

For me, the most difficult part of this mission mode was to understand what do we have to do... when you know, it's not very difficult, since all the stuff that you have to do are things that actually you have to use in game (except the galactica phantom combo...)

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:12

I did challenge 27 a different way lol, I used Ralf, as soon as the round started I did a SDM Galactica, my SDM would hit enemy Ralf as he charges forward, then I'd get hit, then finish him off with a stand B XD

The whoop orochi clan/real boss teams were all done with Iori's hopA standB etc, against goenitz just run straight at him as the round starts, he'll do a tornado where you were originally standing , against rugal just wait for him to cast his fireball then do maiden masher. Once knocked down, keep crossup B, stand B etc. Same for Orochi haha just try and get a maiden masher in then kill him off same way u did rugal =|

I think I got a few perfects in, the only characters who could actually annoy you would be yamazaki and maybe riot iori cos he may do his dpA if you jumped at him too high.

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:19

The Orochi members challenge wasn't all that hard. Just knock down with Iori and do cross up back + B and Standing B fwd A rekkas ... it works everytime. I lost to Goenitz cause of random jump into finger click slashes and then OTG pillar -_- ... I had Chizuru last and whenever I had the chance I just did qcbhcf A DM so Orochi only had normals no pillars or fb.

Tip for the D! one is to make sure when you land from the crossup that Terry's back is facing you cause it's got a bigger hit box ... it took a bit for me to get it cause I always got excited seeing the combo meter go to 8 and forgot to go into SDM haha

The boss team I read somewhere to use EX Geese and just spam double rep but I forgot which one so I thought double air fireball but that didn't really work out well for me so I did qcf C. Against Orochi Iori it was pretty easy just mixed up qcf A and qcf C a bit and got perfect on that. Orochi Leona ALWAYS ate my start up Raging Storm after that it got a bit difficult but I think I just mixed up qcf C and double air fb. Goenitz I just pressured him into the corner and then distanced myself (say 3/4 from the corner) so that if he jump attacked past first fb the he'd eat the second one. A lot of the other times he just blocked and I chipped him. Rugal was the hardest of the lot cause of his fb I kinda forgot how I finished him it was that horrific! Orochi I pretty much stuck to qcf C and double air fireball he kept walking into it hmmmmmmmmmmm

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:24

J]-[UN wrote:I did challenge 27 a different way lol, I used Ralf, as soon as the round started I did a SDM Galactica, my SDM would hit enemy Ralf as he charges forward, then I'd get hit, then finish him off with a stand B XD

The whoop orochi clan/real boss teams were all done with Iori's hopA standB etc, against goenitz just run straight at him as the round starts, he'll do a tornado where you were originally standing , against rugal just wait for him to cast his fireball then do maiden masher. Once knocked down, keep crossup B, stand B etc. Same for Orochi haha just try and get a maiden masher in then kill him off same way u did rugal =|

I think I got a few perfects in, the only characters who could actually annoy you would be yamazaki and maybe riot iori cos he may do his dpA if you jumped at him too high.
Yup, I did challenge 27 in a similar way. Started with an SDM Galactica Phantom, then a close C immediately after.

I only had to redo the vs Orochi battle once, and that was because Goenitz nailed me with his hcb,f+K > hcf+C move so by the time I fought Orochi, my health was too low to survive one special move. The whole bunch of them were pretty easy IMHO.

As for challenge 30, I got cheap and used Rugal, tossing out Kaiser Waves and Reppuu Kens from a distance. Basically I was playing Shoto and doing Genocide Cutters on anyone who got in too close.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jul 10, 2008 08:04

J]-[UN wrote:I did challenge 27 a different way lol, I used Ralf, as soon as the round started I did a SDM Galactica, my SDM would hit enemy Ralf as he charges forward, then I'd get hit, then finish him off with a stand B XD

I thought 27 was do the damage in a combo! Hmmm might play around with that again! I had fun messing around with galactica vs galatica

I noticed that Goenitz didn't block Iori's stand B but only got one chance to do it... the first time I faced Orochi with Iori, everytime I did QCF A, I got it back in my face. The next time I was ready with maiden masher, and guess what, he didn't do any reflections!

Glad to find someone else found Yamazaki annoying. Glad that Yama isn't stupid though.

I've put up the macro for #20. More soon!

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:38

Ok all done now, yeah you guys are great and all but I'm still scared of bosses and mess up combos under pressure, so luckily I found out about this way to kill off challenge 30 just using Chizuru (check first post).

I'm not sure there's actually any more to unlock, people might get that impression because the last pages of the gallery / videos have empty screens as if they were waiting to be unlocked-

I also noted when you complete the challenges you get a message about "same character"... I tried arcade mode to pick same character but no dice.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:59

For 26, some may find this combo easier since it requires no qmax, evade cancelling or charging:
j.D, s.C (2 hit) fw+A, qcfx2+P, d+C fw+A, dp+D dp+D d+P

Yeah it's the same combo from that combo vid in the other thread. Although I put the whole combo, the challenge is done as soon as you hit dp+D. The only somewhat hard part is getting the timing of the d+C after the DM activation.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Fri Jul 11, 2008 13:28

"same character" refers to same color, last night I played with some friends and we were selecting characters with same colours like: 1P Kyo A colour and 2P Kyo A colour too, it's confusing but you can select the same colour like your challenger
:smile:

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 15:55

cool! now nobody can steal my shermie!

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:15

No, same character means, that if you activate it in the options, you can choose the "same" character up to 3 times in one team.

Very funny, reminds me PSX version of KOF 95 where it was possible with a code.

Try to challenge your friends having 3 Iori or 3 Ex King... Very funny!