[UM] EX Billy

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] EX Billy

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 15:10

EX Billy has 1 new special move and 1 super which replaced the last one (I think...I couldn't pull the other motion off, whatever it was).

qcb+K: A closeup attack where Billy's stick becomes a 3-parter, and he whacks the opponent with one end, then with the other. The thing is, both whackings won't connect if you do a close C/D before. You can only whack with the side he does first, while the other side misses. Not linkable from weak attacks either, I think. You probably have better choices than this one, unless there's something hidden here that I didn't find out.

New super.
qcfx2+K: Flaming wheel uppercut super. From what I tried, it doesn't have startup invincibility, but it's generally a punishing DM to start with. Comes out pretty fast and Billy flies all the way to the top of the screen while spinning his stick like a madman. This is your anti-air super right here.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Fri Mar 28, 2008 05:00

Are you sure Billy doesn't have any other links with that 3 part stick? In realbout,special,rb2 it was really good.

His jumping super is really nasty from the realbout games is that good damage at least?

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 17:42

Well I can't seem to find any use for it yet. What can follow after that in RB2 for him?

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Fri Mar 28, 2008 23:40

Well there is a nasty pressure combo in realbout games where in a sweep and go hcf or hcb and a button (I think) it extends the combo so you can add the 3part stick.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 17:27

Still can't find a use for that move yet, but Billy's low D sweep is changed now, basically he only does the stick sweep. It looks a little weird since they probably skipped some frames of the old low D. This also goes to the normal version too.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Thu Apr 03, 2008 03:47

Okay thats what I meant before.... that new sweep animation if its like the realbout games will link into another attack animation or be cancellable into a move.

In realbout billy cancels the sweep into his hcb/b/d electric stick or rapidly sticks his pole out multi times (blush).

rofl

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Thu Apr 10, 2008 09:16

ex billy doesn't have his counters

he can't combo into his dp D so no more juggle combo for him. it can combo into dp B but no juggle and it misses certain characters it seems.

new air dm just jumps into air with a spinning fire wheel then drops back down.

sdm of it has him spinning longer in the air and finally tossing a fire wheel that can OTG if the whole super only hit once while in air. certain air moves can whack him out of the air when he's up their spinning his wheel.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Fri Apr 18, 2008 05:47

Billys combo in realbout is... down c, stand c, hcf a

Try a variation on that?

:3

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed May 07, 2008 06:29

From the Wiki:

Salamander Stream is quicker now and comboes from weak attacks.

c.B> close s.B> qcb+B
j.D> c.C> hcf+P> qcf+P
j.D> c.C> dp+D> qcb+P
j.D> c.C> qcfX2+ P
c.B> close s.B> qcfX2+ P
(corner) c.C or close D> dp+B> qcf, hcb+P or qcfX2+K

Quick Max Combos:

f+A> Quick Max> qcfX2+P
(corner) f+A> Quick Max> crouch C> Follow up

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Jul 11, 2008 23:19

f+B is now an overhead. Same goes for Normal Billy.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 05:15

Tested out qcb+K. It works fine for me. It's his high reversal trigger animation, not the mid/low one, so it only does 3 hits and doesn't knock down. B links off low attacks, while D is less likely to do one only 2 hits when used from a jump-in.

arstal
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by arstal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 15:17

With all these buffs, why is he still considered bottom tier?

He even got his defense boosted (used to be worst in the game, now it's average according to an SRK test I asked about- I had my suspicions)

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Sat Jul 12, 2008 19:12

EX Billy is bottom in UM?

Maybe he's bottom because of the lack of his dp P and counters. His qcb K is pretty useless considering that you can just use f A. Comboing to DM from down pokes is a plus though.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 04:48

Ironically, both Billys are pretty low tier in UM, not just the EX version.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 07:47

Since I'm playing only in random since weeks, I'm used to play in versus situations all the characters.

And really, I don't find Billy weak in this version, both normal and ex. He has a very good keep away game due to his normals and special moves, and can be really safe/annoying.

But I think that the problem of the Ex version is that he lacks defense compared to normal one when he has no supers. But if he's full, it's very difficult to attack him without the risk of his new DM.

And really, concerning the tiers, if it's easy to tell who are the strongest characters, I think that it's very difficult to say that chars are weak... Like every character has a way to deal in all the situations.