[UM] EX Geese

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] EX Geese

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 20:03

Seems like EX Geese is actually more popular than normal Geese. I didn't get to use him though, unfortunately.

f+B: Forward spin kick thingy. Slowed down now, can't even connect from a close C.

qcf+A: Reppuken. A pretty high normal ground projectile. The top of the fierball is about neck's height IIRC.
qcf+C: Double Reppuken. A rather hueg fierball, it's also a ground projectile and I *think* it counts as 2 hits.
hcb+B/D: Counter moves.
df+C when opponent is on ground: CPU Geese loves to do this move. Grabs opponent from ground, tosses him to other side with sexy lightning effects.
Jump qcb+P: Air fierball, flies diagonally. I surmise that the C version is two hits where he throws two separate fierballs. It also pushes him backward in the air as well.
hcb+P: A little on the slow side, but has purple fier effects. From what I saw, it seems that Geese is quite safe even if blocked.
hcb,f+P: That cool throw thingy that Rock has too. Unfortunately you can't break it, of course.

db,hcb,df+P/AC: Raising/Raging/Rising Storm (take your pick). The SvC version where it has hueg frontside but no backside. It can be poked right when he starts doing the move. So no invincibility. It is so fast that it can be connected from a low A however.
hcbx2+P/AC: Rashomon. The cool kanjis are still there if it hits. Connectable from a close C, and low A.
Last edited by PenPen on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:35, edited 3 times in total.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Thu Mar 20, 2008 22:43

Does he have a deadly rave at all?
Does his air fireballz hit a grounded opponent like nightmare geese from realbout special?
I heard a while back that after a counter u could do a raging storm in it like ngbc geese. Is that just a rumor u think?

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:28

Think Deadly Rave is only for his normal version. This needs confirmation however.
Didn't see the air fireball hitting a grounded opponent, same for the Raging Storm after counter thing.

Edit:
His df+C OTG followup according to movelist can be done as long as opponent is lying on the ground.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 20:06

Tried EX Geese today. Pretty fun to use.

Everything said above doesn't need any repeating, but the longcut for Raging Storm still works (hcbx2,df+P).

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Mar 23, 2008 21:45

Does his Rising Storm make more, less or equal damage of the normal version?

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 15:13

Can't tell, really. But this version of Raging Storm has no backend and no up-end, which means...you can't hit your opponents when they're on top of Geese and you can't hit them when they're behind you.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Thu Apr 03, 2008 07:45

The SDM version of raging storm is just a piss colored version of the DM.......WTF

SDM version of rashomon does two ground grabs that has lightning and ends with rashomon.

yea I like looking for the new animations or lack of for geese........

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:46

PenPen wrote:Can't tell, really. But this version of Raging Storm has no backend and no up-end, which means...you can't hit your opponents when they're on top of Geese and you can't hit them when they're behind you.
EX Geese's Rising Storm can still hit if opponent was directly behind him. It does have more range from the front than the normal Geese's version though, and you can hit from almost half-screen away, compared with about 1/3 screen distance for the normal Geese.

His hcb+A is faster than regular Geese's, and links off light attacks.

Double Reppuu Ken links off hard attacks only and doesn't knock down. It's still pretty fast though.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 08:44

Tel wrote:
PenPen wrote:
Double Reppuu Ken links off hard attacks only and doesn't knock down. It's still pretty fast though.
His double reppuu ken has a really good vertical hitbox and it'll stop a lot of jumps if done early enough.

d.B, d.A, hcb+A connects but the C version does not.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jul 10, 2008 09:59

Love that grab off the floor

"DIE!" "DIE!" "DIE!" "DIE!" all day long :)]

his air fireball is only 1 hit though.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 19:22

Gunsmith wrote:...

Eh? Not if you do the C Version of Reppuken, it'll hit twice. I'll confirm later but I'm pretty sure coz Ex Geese is one of my staple characters.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 00:56

Kane317 wrote:
Gunsmith wrote:...

Eh? Not if you do the C Version of Reppuken, it'll hit twice. I'll confirm later but I'm pretty sure coz Ex Geese is one of my staple characters.
EX Geese's C version is Double Shippuu Ken. Normal Geese's is one hit.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 02:10

AIR fireball I said AIR fireball, as in jump qcb C. I'm referring to Penpen's first post

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 04:32

Gunsmith wrote:AIR fireball I said AIR fireball, as in jump qcb C. I'm referring to Penpen's first post
That's what I mean Gun. qcb+C in air is Double Shippuu Ken.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:52

*loads up practice mode*

oh pants you're right!

OH so that means the challenge was with normal geese, I thought that floor grab was EX only!

...Good lord this guy is powerful...