[UM] Normal Ryo

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] Normal Ryo

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 19:40

Mostly unchanged, however there's a few things to note.

qcb+P armpit attack seems slower to come out now.
qcfx2+P owpunch seems (emphasis on seems) to do less damage on counter.

Otherwise, it seems like all of his stuff are intact.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 08:40

More changes found according to FightClub...

Close C has reduced range. Jump D -> C may now become far C instead of close C, but far C comes out faster now.
hcf+P has reduced range.
Far B is slower now.
d+B -> d+C is still valid.
A version of armpit attack has less recovery now. Also, there's an additional followup, hcb+K.
So he now has a combo of close C/D -> A version armpit attack -> hcb+D. Note that his hcb+D still goes over crouchers. This combo can also start with jump D or low B.
It also seems like his low D is faster now too.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 17:37

Ignore the qcb+P -> hcb+K, it didn't seem to work.

However hcb+D's first hit will now bring the opponent into the air so all the hits will score.

Also you can Q.Max during hcb+D and follow with something afterwards. Timing is hard but you can follow with qcfx2+P SDM and dp+C (both in corner).

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 02:28

So does the far B still have ridiculous range like in 98? That move was singularly the most annoying poke in the whole game. Also, can his CD attack be canceled into f+A? You couldn't do so back then.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 18:23

Yeah it still has range, but it feels a little bit slower than before for some reason.

CD attack can't cancel into f+A. Don't think that any CD attacks can cancel into command moves...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Apr 18, 2008 03:11

PenPen wrote:Yeah it still has range, but it feels a little bit slower than before for some reason.

CD attack can't cancel into f+A. Don't think that any CD attacks can cancel into command moves...
I was thinking along the lines of 2k2, where his far B was slower and had less range, but you could cancel the CD into a f+A, then just dp+A anyone who tries to retaliate.

Well, good that the far B was nerfed. I was guilty of abusing it myself (that thing was a real Goro killer), but fighting those EX Ryo zoners was an absolute nightmare back in 98.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 18:19

Here's a fun Q.Max combo...

f+A -> ABC -> qcfx2+P

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Apr 23, 2008 13:08

Anyone know how to run forward and do hcf+P without doing a Haoshokoken?

QcfX2+P DM may not do a lot of damage on counter now, but its normal damage has been raised. Seems to do around the same damage as most DMs.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat May 03, 2008 19:30

AE: Try centering the stick for a split second and doing the motion afterwards?

And apparently, armpit attack into hcb+K does work, but it has to be the C version armpit attack (qcb+P). The C version is now noticeably slower, but it has hueg autoguard frames that will mess up the opponent. The hcb+K followup actually allows for both B and D versions so feel free to choose one to your fitting.

But either way, you're gonna get punished if he's blocked.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun May 04, 2008 17:31

PenPen wrote:AE: Try centering the stick for a split second and doing the motion afterwards?
Yeah everytime I try that, I do a point blank HSKK that gets blocked, and I get comboed AND laughed at for being a scrub.

I was a hoping ol' skool '98 players would have some short cut for it, but apparently not =\

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Tue May 06, 2008 18:54

Apparently you can do his C version armpit attack with a faster version by pressing qcb+AC. It kinda works like Yashiro's hcf+AC move in 2k2. This way you can do the hcb+K afterwards for Ryo.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Jul 07, 2008 04:06

AcidicEnema wrote:
PenPen wrote:AE: Try centering the stick for a split second and doing the motion afterwards?
Yeah everytime I try that, I do a point blank HSKK that gets blocked, and I get comboed AND laughed at for being a scrub.

I was a hoping ol' skool '98 players would have some short cut for it, but apparently not =\
I find the HSKK command seems to overlap a little with his dp+P. I have to wait a little after hitting with a close C/D before motioning it, or I'll get dp+A instead. I tried it with Robert, Yuri and Takuma, and nobody else had that problem, so it definitely can't be bad motioning on my part.

Speaking of which, Robert and Yuri can now combo into their A HSKK from hard attacks. Takuma can combo into SDM version.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 15:57

I finally figured out how to Q.Max his hcb+D move into dp+C. It's pretty awesome.

The timing doesn't seem as tight as other Q.Maxes. When you succeed in Q.Maxing it, after the last hit you should be on the ground already, while the opponent is in the air for a juggle.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Jul 07, 2008 19:47

I do runforward hcb, hcf A to get the grab out in 98 , I dunno if it still works in UM cos Im playing with a gamepad and I can't really do stuff quickly on gamepads =/ Plus its quite easy to get poked out off so its too risky to do =s

Goro qcfB pwns standing B or standing whatever anyone has ~_~