KOF 98 - Heidern

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
KOF 98 - Heidern

Post by marco75 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 14:56

1. Supposedly, Heidern's QCB+K ("Killing Bringer") is a counter. But I can never get it to counter anything, even when I try to use it for the entire round. In many instances I hit the button just as the opponent's attack comes out, but it still doesn't work.

How are you meant to use it. Is it 'broken'? Does it work on all kinds of attacks?

2. Heidern's QCB ("Storm Bringer") is his Special Throw. But the hit detection is screwed up -- I do it from point blank range, and varying distances -- Heidern's hand overlap's the opponent's body, but it still doesn't connect. The only time I can get it to connect seems to be sheer luck.

Thanks for reading.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Re: KOF 98 - Heidern

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 31, 2007 15:53

marco75 wrote:1. Supposedly, Heidern's QCB+K ("Killing Bringer") is a counter. But I can never get it to counter anything, even when I try to use it for the entire round. In many instances I hit the button just as the opponent's attack comes out, but it still doesn't work.

How are you meant to use it. Is it 'broken'? Does it work on all kinds of attacks?

2. Heidern's QCB ("Storm Bringer") is his Special Throw. But the hit detection is screwed up -- I do it from point blank range, and varying distances -- Heidern's hand overlap's the opponent's body, but it still doesn't connect. The only time I can get it to connect seems to be sheer luck.

Thanks for reading.

his counter move sucks. It only counters high attacks. Dont ever use it.

I take it you are talking about hcb punch lifesteal grab? that move doesnt combo(with the exception of close stand b), and needs to be pretty close before it connects.

Hope that helps.

D

marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by marco75 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 07:22

Thanks for the reply.

I think every KOF has special moves so bad, you needn't bother with them. In fact, one of my bad KOF habits is that I try to use specials and supers too much.

Anyway, I guess I'll use Heidern's HCB+K as an 'alternate taunt'. :-)

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Nov 01, 2007 09:05

You need to watch more videos. Knock over opponent, run in as they're getting up, then simple mix between stormbringer or C combo! Practice your timing!

Don't forget stormbringer bug- do moonslasher and if you connect stormbringer afterwards without being touched it will take a bit more energy. Mash those buttons and wiggle stick to take more energy too!

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Nov 01, 2007 15:32

Gunsmith wrote:You need to watch more videos. Knock over opponent, run in as they're getting up, then simple mix between stormbringer or C combo! Practice your timing!

Don't forget stormbringer bug- do moonslasher and if you connect stormbringer afterwards without being touched it will take a bit more energy. Mash those buttons and wiggle stick to take more energy too!
hey, didnt know that bug still existed in 98... The other bug you might wanna take note (more applicable) would be the unblockable fireball. Do a Ligth Fireball and then perform HCB Punch, if the opponent is blocking, this would cause him to move back (so he can block at all), and if he isn't blocking, he can't block either =p

HTH.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Thu Apr 03, 2008 08:18

I thought SNK would remove the stupid unblockable fireball bug but it looks it is still intact for heidern and athena from what I saw.