FatalFury RealBout 2 match videos

Discuss gameplay for other SNK gems here.
SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%
FatalFury RealBout 2 match videos

Post by SnapYak » Sat Mar 25, 2006 07:26

The site where the vids are...

http://rbgarou.fc2web.com/index.html

The actual match videos are here....

http://rb2.sakura.ne.jp/

Lots of cancelling involved allowing extended combos.

8)

*****Edit 1********

This site has some matches as well....

http://bunbun.shrine-maiden.org/about.html

*****Edit2*********

Heres some more match vids....

http://www.sumynet.org/kenkonitteki/eizoukan.html

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Re: FatalFury RealBout 2 match videos

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 07:17

I was speaking with one of my pals from the old days how I taught him to play RB2 with feint cancels and stuff and all, and once we got into the mood we started googling videos for the game and all.... FFRB2 (& 1) are quite interesting games to analyze, they not only had a bunch of things for you to do, attack or cancel with, but also is blessed with quite a pseudo balanced & fun cast (quite rare for an snk game). Even in tournaments you won't really see the same character over and over in all finals (eat that, Testament / Eddie), further more down there there is even a tournament final between Mary & Chonshu (Mary is the supposedly lowest tiered character of the game, Chonshu should be somewhat low as well).

I always watched in horror how Xiang Fei or Mary got so watered down in the KoF games, considering how cool & varied was their original source material.... Something deep down tells me I'll get the same reaction from playing Guy, Cody, Makoto or Dudley if I ever touch SSFIV.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 15:04

Since the general lack of footage and news that usually comes with October is hitting us with all of it's might, I figured that it's time for yet another chapter in one of those sad episodes of the "games that no one knows about, yet everyone should be playing right now" series

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Oct 25, 2010 16:57

Toxic Avanger wrote:Since the general lack of footage and news that usually comes with October is hitting us with all of it's might, I figured that it's time for yet another chapter in one of those sad episodes of the "games that no one knows about, yet everyone should be playing right now" series

Epic!!! <3 Gigatech combo

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue May 03, 2011 07:06

Within my usual dilly ~ dally & psychotic stalking I managed to bump into a japanese hosted exclusive real bout 2 youtube channel... You know what that means, right? It seems that the channel belongs to a very enclosed community, so you are going to see the same players going at it several times and with several characters, some of the players already popped up in the vids that I posted previously.

I think that you can't see it in this vid, but the player does a Snake Arm guard cancel, and then cancels the Snake Arm to completely evade guard stun.

Finally a decent Mai!

A Chonrei going at it. Notice how Duck kara cancels his DM near the start with his far standing C (a dashing hand slap)

By the way, that Geese player achieves over 15 wins, so keep looking for more I'm not boy vids if you want to check that.

I strongly recommend to check the channel thoroughly and see as many videos as you can simply because they are fun. Within the playlists there are also some tutorial vids that show bugs and details, I actually learned how to do some of the few things that I never managed to discover on my own by checking them (like Xiang Fei's single line side step). *xx I didn't knew that the theory behind's Whips KoF 99' unblockable came from this game.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun Jan 15, 2012 19:12

I had like, totally forgotten that this topic existed, har har har.

AST powered matches from an old team who's players seems not to be active anymore.

Oh, and if you are wondering, asside for Linnesaka, there is this dumb stupid dwarf that made a Real Bout 2 playthrough that has tons of matches. If you have like 4 hours of your time to spare, It's here. You could not watch it in one go, but that wouldn't be as fun anymore :lol: