[Regulation A] Ash

zomg it's THREE D!
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri May 02, 2008 14:04

Also to elaborate, Ash's Sans Cullotes basically allows him to:
1. Launch his charge specials without charging.
2. Cancel one special into another, or into and out of his command attacks. For his d,u+K, you can cancel it into his qcb+K moves if you do it after Ash is off the ground.
3. Have multiple fireballs on-screen at a time.

It does have some limitations.
1. You do less damage, and can't build stock.
2. You can't perform a DM for free, unlike in XI, although if I remember right using a DM will end the mode.
3. You can't dizzy someone with it.
4. You can't cancel a whiffed move.
Last edited by Tel on Sun Sep 21, 2008 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by mr crimson » Sat May 03, 2008 01:43

Wow, thanks! This Info's really helpful! I'm going to keep it in mind. I'm guessing that the whole thing will just take practice for me in order to be able to do that combo then, huh? Ah well..

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat May 03, 2008 02:40

Well, in Regulation A Ash is retardedly easy to use, hence him being in top tier. A > A > C or Dx4 should be the BnB of his combos. The Dx4 is especially retarded with the 2nd hit being a low attack and the 4th being an overhead AND juggle with practically no recovery time, so you have to Sabaki to counter it. :(

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by mr crimson » Sat May 03, 2008 05:15

Tel wrote:Well, in Regulation A Ash is retardedly easy to use, hence him being in top tier. A > A > C or Dx4 should be the BnB of his combos. The Dx4 is especially retarded with the 2nd hit being a low attack and the 4th being an overhead AND juggle with practically no recovery time, so you have to Sabaki to counter it. :(
Another thing that I noticed about him is that he has a few strings which if done properly just annihilate the opponent.

Such as, b+C>D>C>D,F+D, then repeat exact same. It seems like it would easily be infinite if someone gets the timing down perfectly. his A>A>C for some reason was never my choice for comboing on air opponents though. I found it a ton easier to simply do D>D>b+D>D>f+C/f+D. Either of those two does a ton of damage, but I personally go with his b>f+D extension to his Dx4, because you can then link that quick combo that I mentioned in the beginning. :P