[MI2]Iori Yagami

zomg it's THREE D!
-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
[MI2]Iori Yagami

Post by -Defuser- » Tue Apr 25, 2006 15:51

Whenever there Kyo in a game,he will be there with his still unchanged clothes.

Discuss him here about his attacks,combos,priority.etc and the mystery on how he got his purple flames back..

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Wed Apr 26, 2006 13:45

He got his flames back due to the fact Falcoon can't piece together continuity.

Iori's benifited massively from the system change, almost like the same way that all changes to Iori in any KOF since 98 were inherent in the SYSTEM and not in the character.

Since you can now cancel off any single hit, Iori can do his oldskool 2d style combos, and very easily to boot. Most of his stylish arts are unchanged, but now not having to rely on them is a massive upgrade.

Yamibarai A ver is the normal flame projectile, C ver is a 'double reppuken' ver that doesn't stack, and only goes a short way. A button ver supercancellable.

Aoihana A ver is the classic 3 hit, C ver has a lunging flame uppercut for the final hit that's jugglable. All 3 hits are supercancellable.

Kototsuki In is fast like in 2k3, and comboable just about off anything, but if the opponent is not cornered Iori won't do the followup. Not supercancellable.

Tsumagushi (the 98 dp+k claw) is as slow as in 98, but due to the way MI2 is, it will combo off any attack that launches. I've yet to find a followup AFTER it tho. Supercancellable.

Kuzukaze is same old same old, the stun time is pretty huge. Again, benefit is seen from allowing cancels off a single far C as the classic DM combo works well.

Ya Otome is more or less the same, don't think it's changed much. The animation overall has been slowed down and all the hits look a lot more painful, especially the explosion at the end. Comboable from...use your imagination, chances are it'll work.

Saika is interesting, done on it's own with the A button, it's the XI ver, exact same startup speed and hit, only diff is it's WAY comboable and does pretty good damage. C button ver has the two air slashes before it, will juggle an airborne opponent. Typical followup after Ya Otome does pathetic damage and isn't worth it.

New DM...Chi no Bousou (?), has Iori power up a flashing red and he gains Riot of the Blood speed, and he can repeatedly, almost infinitely cancel normals into one another, just spam C till the mode ends....OMFG BORKEN YAS PRZ...

New DM, San Shingi Sono Futatsu...more or less it's the SvC ver where he elbows them first rather than do the overhead like in 2k3/XI. But unlike SvC it's not a throw, the elbow is a strike, so it's easily comboable. It must be said tho...THIS MOVE LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME IN 3D!... Has to be seen!

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Wed Apr 26, 2006 17:23

From CX again...

From what i saw the vids,isn't the kotosuki looks like it can start a juggle or at least get a extra cheap shot hit while the opponent is falling down from kotosuki...

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 18:29

Kototsuki could launch for a juggle in KOF MI so that's not really a new thing.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 02:41

Shirakani wrote:Yamibarai A ver is the normal flame projectile, C ver is a 'double reppuken' ver that doesn't stack, and only goes a short way. A button ver supercancellable.
If I'm not completely mistaken P (capital P, thus C in your notation) version is sc-able also. Can be used to apply on hard knocked-down opponents and seems to leave them hard knock-down which means you can continue doing something afterwards.
Shirakani wrote:Aoihana (...) C ver has a lunging flame uppercut for the final hit that's jugglable.
Can you imagine any use for this so far? I cant so far.....
Shirakani wrote:Tsumagushi (the 98 dp+k claw) is as slow as in 98, but due to the way MI2 is, it will combo off any attack that launches. I've yet to find a followup AFTER it tho. Supercancellable.
K (D) version seems to bounce a hit enemy. What's the correct bemu term for that? Do you know what I mean? It's the effect when the enemy gets knock so hard to the ground that he bounces off it like a ball or something.
Couldn't find a good move to follow up dp+k/K with so far, neither.
Shirakani wrote:Kuzukaze is same old same old, the stun time is pretty huge. Again, benefit is seen from allowing cancels off a single far C as the classic DM combo works well.
Same old? Same old like MI1-old?
Stun time is indeed pretty huge.... for Iori himself unfortunately. I think it's hard to do something properly after it.... It was the same crap with KoF:MI1.
Shirakani wrote:New DM...Chi no Bousou (?), has Iori power up a flashing red and he gains Riot of the Blood speed, and he can repeatedly, almost infinitely cancel normals into one another, just spam C till the mode ends....OMFG BORKEN YAS PRZ...
Brokeness has yet to be found out :p But I agree it seems VERY broken to me. Iori moves like 5-times faster after this super move which costs 2 levels btw.
A sort of combo breaker seems to be there though which means after maximum 10 hits opponent drops away with an invincible recovery roll.
I'm curious what you can do with this weird super move. It might offer some broken stuff.....
The animation of this super btw. can hit a nearby opponent like Nagase's Lvl.3 super move. For Iori you can CONTINUE comboing after the "explosion" around him hit the enemy.

--Blast

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:46

The new DM gives Iori infinite cancellability and 2x speed at the cost of his guard guage. This means his regular hits also do less damage, and he cannot guard...

But, the way you do this is like Counter mode in KOF2k, activate it so the activation hits, then go to town.

Ermac666
Is it a bot?

Post by Ermac666 » Sat May 13, 2006 06:47

The C version of Ya otome can be juggled but the A version whiffs all the times. Also, the C version can still connect on a grounded opponent.

I am still trying to find some ways to connect his Dp+D in combos after that bounce. Can the DP+D link after a chain combo like D,C,D->Dp+D? haven't tried that out yet...

I really like his Dp+D version's bounce effect. I can sense some mean combos after that. Just trying to find an effective one.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 06:57

Got the opponent in a juggle opportunity? Try this.

(after any move that sets up a juggle opportunity, i.e. Kototsuki HCB + k):

qcb + C, qcb + A, qcb + C... relaunch into qcb + C, qcb + A, qcb + C, jump CD, land, qcf, hcb + C

The button you use for his Aoi Hana determines the speed, the final button you use determines the finisher, so you can actually go:
qcb + C, qcb + C, qcb + A and you'll get the usual overhead finisher.

The A version before the final hit is faster, but doesnt go as far. The C version before the final hit goes farther, but is slower. Additionally, you can vary the speed of the Aoi Hana not only by delaying input, but also by switching the button you use. Therefore you can do:

qcb + C, qcb + A. This results in the first hit being slow, and the second hit being fast.

Or you can:
qcb + A, qcb + C, which results in the first hit being fast, and the second hit being slow. This is a good way to psyche out your opponent, and because of this neat little versatility with the Aoi Hana, is what allows you to do the juggle relaunch combo.

Broken ass bitch.