[MI2]Kyo Kusanagi

zomg it's THREE D!
-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
[MI2]Kyo Kusanagi

Post by -Defuser- » Tue Apr 25, 2006 15:41

Please Discuss Our Orochi Saga Hero Right Here....

s_y
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
PSN:bonta76

Post by s_y » Wed Apr 26, 2006 09:02

Has a new move which is pretty much Saishu's dp k.As seen in the vids he has Kamakura and a new dm which is like a huge Power Geyser.

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:00

s_y wrote:Has a new move which is pretty much Saishu's dp k.As seen in the vids he has Kamakura and a new dm which is like a huge Power Geyser.
ughh it's bad enough we got 2 terry which has both power geyser but a Third one? On Kyo? Sooner or later we gonna have k' doing Mushiki lol..

Btw no 182 dm?

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Wed Apr 26, 2006 13:34

the 182 'Shinken' isn't needed in MI, not with the way the Orochinagi works. It's needed in 2d for a fast powerful comboable or counter hit. In this game, the Orochinagi is just as 'instant' and due to the crazy OTG'ing, having the move would be redundant.

The Kamikura is more OMFGBORKEN than the XI ver... meaning, it's a one frame instant grab with MASSIVE range. On top of that, due to the crazy way supercancels are doable in MI 2 (Kyo can SC off...almost all his moves...any part of the Aragami or Dokugami, you name it...), it's comboable via SC that way...It IS hit with damage scaling tho, so if you SC it or combo into it, then the damage isn't as much. It's a 3 stock move and if used on it's own, does around 45% life or so.

His new 'flame geyser' DM does around 12 hits or so, also 45% damage and is another 3 stock move. Dunno why they gave him this, aside from 'oh wow' value it doesn't really offer anything. That doesn't mean it doesn't look damn cool tho. It's a power geyser w/ the 'fanning' type flame of the buster wolf, just much much bigger, and it 'fans from the back to the front.

Aragami chains are now just as forgiving in terms of timing as the 2d ver of it. In MI1, you had to input the followups quickly or they wouldn't register. Now you can hesitate like in the 2d games, this was immediately noticable. The Dokugami hasn't really benifited from this, but then again you don't use the Dokugami chain to poke...

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Wed Apr 26, 2006 13:52

Oh, and...Kyo and Iori have the same ending, figured i'd write it in here. Just in Kyo's ending, Iori walks in and vice versa.

As the place collapses, they talk smack about the other showing up 'right on time', then...

(following dialog is NOT word for word, it's the base translation)

Kyo: I didn't get an answer to the question i asked you a while back, Yagami. Lets just say, hypothetical situation....if you beat me one day, then what? What's left for you after that?

Iori: It isn't something i think about...But, it is of no concern. Once you have died by these hands, i'll have an eternity of sleep to ponder the answer.

Kyo: Somehow i knew you'd say that...*shake head* You're a sad, sad man, Yagami. I almost pity you.

Iori: Is that all you have to say?

Kyo: but that being said, i'll say now that as long as i breathe, i'll never ever lose to you!

Iori: Nothing but blackness awaits you, Kyo...a black hell of burning agony.

Both power up, then rush one another...f'kin KICK ASS scene!

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Thu Apr 27, 2006 14:16

Shirakani wrote: The Kamikura is more OMFGBORKEN than the XI ver... meaning, it's a one frame instant grab with MASSIVE range. On top of that, due to the crazy way supercancels are doable in MI 2 (Kyo can SC off...almost all his moves...any part of the Aragami or Dokugami, you name it...), it's comboable via SC that way...It IS hit with damage scaling tho, so if you SC it or combo into it, then the damage isn't as much. It's a 3 stock move and if used on it's own, does around 45% life or so.

but then again you don't use the Dokugami chain to poke...
I bet you're loving it cause it gives you more ways to mind rape your opponent,and the who hell use a dokugami chain for poking? It's more on the use of comboing.Btw i don't really see use of his Flame Greyser,since the Kamikura is damn broken with the massive range,im seeing it as a last desperate attempt to win...

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Thu Apr 27, 2006 17:22

I can see ONE and only one use, but that's a feature of the game system moreso than Kyo himself. In a 2d game, this move would be totally utterly redundant.

The use i'm thinking of is SC'ing off airborne knockdown hits the second they land, ie;

(df+A C C) launches, hcb+B (juggle), qcf+D (two kicks) rdp+D (followup) THEN SC the second the RED kick lands, from the moment the foot touches the ground, you can SC. Since the RED kick is not a recoverable move, the new DM will OTG and deal big damage.

That's about the ONLY use i can think of and it's only possible in MI 2. In all other situations, the Kamikura renders the move redundant...it also does more damage to boot.

I should mention that the Kamikura will grab the opponent no matter what state they're in that isn't blocking. So long as their feet are grounded and the y're not already in block stance *grab*.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 18:33

If it's a 3-stock DM, then how do you SC into it if SCing requires another stock? :o

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Fri Apr 28, 2006 01:56

ShadowSonic wrote:If it's a 3-stock DM, then how do you SC into it if SCing requires another stock? :o
You can carry up to 4 stocks....but it gonna take a long time you save it up...

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Fri Apr 28, 2006 02:20

4 stocks max when you've lost one round, and increases by one thereafter.

So, if you have 5 round matches set you can technically gain up to 9 stock or so.

Or you can of course set infinite stock or default max in the options.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Fri Apr 28, 2006 02:21

-Defuser- wrote:
ShadowSonic wrote:If it's a 3-stock DM, then how do you SC into it if SCing requires another stock? :o
You can carry up to 4 stocks....but it gonna take a long time you save it up...
Long time? oi, you know how fast stocks CHARGE in this game??...

2 decent combos, and a good number of blocked light attacks, etc, will give you 4 stocks in no time, trust me...

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Sep 02, 2007 23:56

ReA Kyo is still strong, even though they made some modifications to his moves, and some aesthetical modifications as well.

* Stylish Arts that end with his f + B do not combo.
* d D, d C, CD now correctly juggles.
* Additional voice samples for a lot of moves, including his taunt.

Still a strong bastard, as you can see if you look at the Kyo in the tourney vids. Ridiculous OTG combo that you can't get out of that ends with his 2* Orochinagi. Almost makes me feel bad I'm playing as him.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 16:09

If anyone still cares.

Kyo can cancel the 7th hit of his Kamikura into a special move. Not a super, but a special move only. This leads to some interesting and stupid ways to burn bar.

j. D, std C, C, hcb x 2 + P, on 7th hit, hcb + D, hcb + B, qcf + D, super cancel into C version Orochinagi.

Uses 5 bars, takes up about 50-60% of the opponent's life. You must do this pretty far away from a wall, or else our opponent will start getting knocked into the wall, messing up the followup hits. If you do it far away from a wall, but not TOO far away, you can get away with having the qcf + D cause a wall bounce (the combo moves roughly 75% of the arena), then doing the C version Orochinagi without the super cancel, leaving you with one bar left. If the opponent forgets to recovery roll, you can do his OTG combo (tho I suggest you remove a d. B or two so you don't hit the 10 move limit)

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 06:50

Post you faggots.

df + A, C, C, (launcher) B Hikigane (juggle and relaunch), B Hikigane (juggle and relaunch), D Hikigane x 3 (multiple juggles and relaunches), finish with C Orochinagi or DP + D.

I herd u liek being juggled like a whore.

j D, std C, C, Kamikura, cancel on 7th hit into C Dokugami, cancel into Kamikura, cancel 7th hit into B Hikigane, D Hikigane, DP + K

Lol wut.

syxx222
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by syxx222 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:00

I've been playing Kyo since I got the game (didn't play MI or MI2) and I really like him a lot.

C,C,f+B will actually combo in some situations, it also depends on the character.

I made a Kyo combo video a couple weeks ago, check it out for more combos: http://stage6.divx.com/user/syxx573/vid ... ombo-video

I'm not really good with dashing d+B combos but there are plenty of alternatives for guaranteed OTG stuff.

He's good, B,d/f+D into whatever is a great punisher. It's a frame or so slower then A,A,A, d/f+D but has better range and can still punish most of the same crap. It's his best weapon in general.