And I thought anime was dead

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
0style
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:yours truly.
Currently Playing:your butt.
XBL:your xbox.
PSN:callsign_SERAPH
Re: And I thought anime was dead

Post by 0style » Wed May 09, 2012 10:16

omg r3v <3 You're still alive!

I had a little interest in Kamen no Maid Guy (plot sounded lolzy) so since r3v is checking it out... Why don't you watch Golgo just for lulz?

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Wed May 09, 2012 12:53

r3vr3v and Styru making their presence felt in one thread = LOLWUTICAN'TEVEN

Gojira wrote:Yeah, Rider/Broskandar is the most epic character Ootsuka has played since Solid Snake.
Don't get me started with Iskandar. All directions covered with that Servant. wow

r3v3n4nT wrote:
Monpochi wrote:Also, I'm loving the Mage/Servants in this series more. ^^
What.

But FSN Caster was so moooe~ ;_;
Loving the Mage/Servants of FZ != Hating the Mage/Servants of FSN.

Heck, I too have soft spots for FSN!Caster as well (FZ!Caster is the stuff of nightmares) and also FSN!Lancer.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Wed May 09, 2012 15:42

0style wrote:I had a little interest in Kamen no Maid Guy (plot sounded lolzy) so since r3v is checking it out... Why don't you watch Golgo just for lulz?
Only got the first 6 episodes, as nice as they were, the fan service was a little too much for my likings and I don't think I'm gonna bother grabbing more.

And Golgo13? I dunno, it just didn't seem like a genre I'd be interested in.

0style
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:yours truly.
Currently Playing:your butt.
XBL:your xbox.
PSN:callsign_SERAPH

Post by 0style » Wed May 16, 2012 09:36

Finished Danshi. It has its moments. I wish it was 3 vignettes in each ep like Sazae-San instead of 4 or so. It just left me feeling incomplete, especially when the jokes fall flat.

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Sun May 27, 2012 20:27

Recently checked out KamiChu from my local library. Oddly enough it was the last volume. Loved it! I haven't been watching any new titles for sometime. I think I may get back into the groove very soon.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Jul 10, 2012 23:49

after loving his voice in daily lives of high school boys, i started watching gintama. ehe!

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Jul 14, 2012 20:12

So, it's that time of the month again.

Kono naka de hitori de, Imoto ga Iru! : Usual cutesy harem story. The only thing that kinda interested me of the premise is that it's based on legal fraud :lol: Basically, the main character's dad had an illegitimate daughter with somebody and never told anyone anything; cue to the folk dying and stating in his will that the lead needs to marry before college as a qualification to get his inheritance (Japan?). And thus, since he and his sister are completely unrelated legally, and they aren't even acknowledged as siblings, the little sister thought that it would be like, the most terrific thing to gain family status by marrying each other (really? :lol: ). And thus the main character not only has to talk a girl about getting it together and getting married, but also needs to discover who is his sister so that he doesn't end up marrying her by accident. If this was a crazy street slasher story or about murdering alien parasite series with that background, I would totally dig it..... But since is solely about moe and whatnot I doubt that I'll even bother myself to mentally learn the title. Also, don't even dream about finding the actual sister in the anime, as the actual novels haven't disclosed who she is yet and it looks like they aren't going to do that anytime soon.

Kingdom : I think it's about war and blood in old China, sounds interesting enough.

Campione! : Generic shounen harem story with badly choreographed fights that I'm not going to approach even if they offer me eternal life or whatever.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica : I don't even have the energy to copy my above hurtful comment and paste it here. That's how good it is.

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai : Pretty much in league with the previous two mentioned. The only reason I kinda know about this is because I think it's famous in chinese(?). Also, the main character's pet is the coolest character in the cast (everyone acknowledges this in universe, of course), I think that at one point he turns human and gets all girls to fall for him? Anyway, the main hook of this is that basically that for the lead to fight he needs to get aroused to the max, cue to stripping & gropping the already poorly skimpy dressed characters in the cast.

Binbougami ga : I have heard that it's soo much better than what it sounds. Time will tell, maybe? Me watching a series about positive energy is ironic as hell though, might watch it just for that.

Hakuouki - Reimei Roku : It's about the shinsengumi slashing demons in half. Let's hope the production values can keep up with the concept.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sun Jul 15, 2012 00:07

Nothing really catches my interest this season so all I'm doing is continuing Hyouka and Space Bros.

Space Bros. has gotten a bit dull after they started the capsule arc, but at least that'll be over soon, I think.

With Hyouka, it's sad but I may never get tired of Chintanda getting hype. Also, Nakoruru.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Jul 31, 2012 16:57

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... age-posted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.

Post by Vicio » Mon Aug 27, 2012 06:30

up- Holy jeeperz meeperz! xmad

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 13:19

Vishema wrote:up- Holy jeeperz meeperz! xmad
:O

Dat username, so nostalgic.... OMG

And that JoJo animation, my younger brother is going to FLIP.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Oct 15, 2012 15:22

I've given up trying to find something adult and original.

Watching Btooom (survival game)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (romantic comedy)

Sheba
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!
Currently Playing:Civilization 5 , BlazBlue: Continuum Shift , Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Minecraft, Magicka
PSN:TigerBalmSniffer

Post by Sheba » Tue Oct 16, 2012 15:52

Well, fans of Urobuchi (of Madoka, Saya no Uta and Fate/zero fame) have Psycho Pass for their Suffering craving. It's also Cyberpunk.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 IS FABULOUS. It's funny to hear the voice actor of Shingo Yabuki as Dio. While the animation is limited, it is compensated by a stylish and over the top direction. It's so far good for those craving of old school shounen. Let's hope for it to be successful enough to get us the later parts animated.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 remake is proving to be a solid asset for shounen genre, again.

Total Eclipse is weighted down by its production values and questionable direction choices. You DO feel a sincere wish to tell a story and it's frustrating. Which makes me worried about if they animated the Muv Luv trilogy.

Jinrui is... weird. By yeah, this fall, I am mainly following JoJo, that newest show by Kyoto Animation and Psycho Pass. And continue folowing Hunter x Hunter and Total Eclipse. This decade is worth living just for JoJo getting an animated adaptation.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Wed Oct 17, 2012 09:59

Well I was just about to mention Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita but I guess Sheba has it covered lol Ah what the hell, might as well complete the thought.

They could easily have made the writing stupid kid's stuff, but instead it actually makes a number of perceptive statements on human culture, entertainment and business practices. In the cutest fucking way possible. Also the main girl doesn't overreact to anything unless it's worth reacting to, and is kind of a slacker, which is easy for me to relate to.

Or maybe I'm just attached to the fairy character designs because I used to draw silly doodles that looked like them. I think I dumped some of them here a long time ago. Two dots and a square, boom it's a fairy.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 02:04

I'm pretty out of the loop so I needed half the episode of Jojo 10 to realize Joseph is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki). So awesome.