Hello.

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279
Re: Hello.

Post by Shiny » Sun Jan 18, 2009 01:44

A friend that recently got a PS3 for Xmas has let me borrow his Xbox 360. He has Left 4 Dead & Burnout Paradise, two games I've been playing on and off for the past week (he has some other stuff, but that was all that interested me).

He has talked about selling it, and I'm thinking about him putting me on a 'payment plan' of sorts. He hasn't set a price, but since I sold him my more reliable Dreamcast and half of the games with it, I think he'll give me a discount.

Branger
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Too much, or not enough?
XBL:BurningRanger23
PSN:BurningRanger23

Post by Branger » Sun Jan 18, 2009 03:28

Shiny wrote:A friend that recently got a PS3 for Xmas has let me borrow his Xbox 360. He has Left 4 Dead & Burnout Paradise, two games I've been playing on and off for the past week (he has some other stuff, but that was all that interested me).

He has talked about selling it, and I'm thinking about him putting me on a 'payment plan' of sorts. He hasn't set a price, but since I sold him my more reliable Dreamcast and half of the games with it, I think he'll give me a discount.
I've been resisting getting a PS3 for the time being. When was back home for the holidays, I played and finished the only PS3 game I've wanted to play (MGS4). Now, with games I want being multi-console, I think I'm just going to stick to my X360 (though, having blu-ray to go with my wide screen TV would be purty nice).

As for games, I really do want to play Left 4 Dead, but for the PC. I think I need a new PC though. Sure, I can run TF2 on mine, but it's not the ideal setup :(.

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Mon Jan 19, 2009 04:37

Man just keep it don't even pay Shiny hahahahahah

I too wanted a PS3 but it's expensive and the games I wanted to get on it are now going to be on 360 anyways the only pro of PS3 is playing online for free .. yes that blu-ray gimmick hasn't got me sold :o

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Mon Jan 19, 2009 09:37

I had a 360 at one point in time, but the only games worth playing were like, Gears of War, so I sold it. To this day, the only game I've enjoyed on top of that was Gears of War 2 and Castle Crashers.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:07

Shiny wrote:A friend that recently got a PS3 for Xmas has let me borrow his Xbox 360. He has Left 4 Dead & Burnout Paradise, two games I've been playing on and off for the past week (he has some other stuff, but that was all that interested me).

Oh damn you sold your dreamcast, that's gotta sting

I tried to sell mine but Ebay thought it was modded as I had changed the case. I just packed it away after that.

The question is what the hell is your friend playing on PS3? Until I download SF HD, I've left mine sitting on the shelf since xmas lol

Branger
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Too much, or not enough?
XBL:BurningRanger23
PSN:BurningRanger23

Post by Branger » Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:16

Gunsmith wrote:
Oh damn you sold your dreamcast, that's gotta sting

I tried to sell mine but Ebay thought it was modded as I had changed the case. I just packed it away after that.

The question is what the hell is your friend playing on PS3? Until I download SF HD, I've left mine sitting on the shelf since xmas lol
I still have my DC for CvS2, Daytona, and KOF DM99 (to be replaced by KOF98UM in March, hopefully).

Also, what's the verdict on SF HD? I heard it's just a port of ST with very beautiful looking graphics. I DL'ed the soundtrack off OCRemix, but wasn't a big fan of it.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:53

HD Remix is having currently favorable opinions over the rebalances that were supervised by pro player David Sirlin (including toning down Akuma to be a playable character) - so you could pretty much call it the 3rd installment of the Super SFII series (or 6th SF2 version, to be precise), gameplay-wise. The online's said to be good too, but mostly for the 360 version(?) Aside from that, the Udon redraws are pretty much not-so well liked and the number of glitches discovered during online games can make you wonder if Backbone Entertainment actually had programming experience before or not.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 21:04

BP wrote:Aside from that, the Udon redraws are pretty much not-so well liked and the number of glitches discovered during online games can make you wonder if Backbone Entertainment actually had programming experience before or not.
From the interviews I've read it sounds like Backbone had to reverse-engineer the Dreamcast port to figure out how to make changes, so any bugs that showed up are attributable to that. They're not a really great studio in any case - other than Death Jr (which was pretty meh by all accounts) all they've worked on is a couple of Sonic games for PSP and a lot of emulated compilations.

hebretto
Neomaxxing

Post by hebretto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 04:59

BP wrote:(including toning down Akuma to be a playable character)
Actually I hear that Akuma is pretty broken in HDR as well haha ... inescapable demon setups ... ultra invincible dp ... ability to cancel Far HK into special move

Anyways I still I have my DC (PAL) and the DC (NTSC) which I bought off FCL's friend both still running like clockwork ... I got an original copy of NTSC KOF99Evo and MvC2 before we all found out we could play selfboot games without chip :o

I want RE5 even if it's a demoooooooooooooooooooooooo

-M-
Is it a bot?

Post by -M- » Wed Jan 28, 2009 09:26

whoa, sorry for the long wait...Hey BP&Heb! Oro is being a grumpy old goat and doesn't like to post much, i think he still lurks around tho~
SF:Remix huh? u guys should play with me...but I have it on ps3 xD
Plus im a nub, i lost to this guy fireball/shoryuken-ing me all day long... >.<

hebretto
Neomaxxing

Post by hebretto » Thu Jan 29, 2009 04:00

haha you can post whenever always good to see oldies come back.

I don't play HDR online and I'm also on 360 and I'm poor to pay for a Gold Live account ... that MIGHT change when SF4 comes out :o

ST was pro fb tactics anyways you just have to get inside their comfort zone and they'll be a mess. Tick throws are what close range ST is all about haha. When they're at full screen a fb will control the space of the game mess up their timing and neutral jump over a fb so they spam out an attack instead of another fb (since you didn't block it and the fb is still on the screen they can't be doing another one) ... you could always fb them back as well haha

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Thu Jan 29, 2009 04:43

Okay - it's bugging me now. Who is this -M-?

-M-
Is it a bot?

Post by -M- » Thu Jan 29, 2009 05:10

Yea, the FB/shoryuken is so strong cuz of the lack of air blocking/parry and lack of any way to avoid the fireball other than a jump. I actually one a reasonable amount cause the guy didn't even know how to do any combos, I'd jump in and mess him up very badly! But then he'd just run off and fireball more >.>

Who am I? I'm -M- and i'm awesome! xD

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 09:23

Apathy Wind wrote:Okay - it's bugging me now. Who is this -M-?
Roro's friend.

Hi M *hearts*

M is short for MOAR. So, stay and participate in the dead that is ON.

Demon_Mexican
Almost there! ...20%
Almost there! ...20%
A.K.A.:Chinka Rican
Currently Playing:KOF, Way Of The Samurai 3, Dragons Dogma
XBL:XxSolBadguyxX
PSN:XxSolBadguyxX

Post by Demon_Mexican » Fri Jan 30, 2009 14:59

Recently got my soul sucked away by World of Warcraft xmad