People are crazy sometimes...

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279
Re: People are crazy sometimes...

Post by Shiny » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:05

Oh......my. :o

*monocle falls off and shatters on the floor*

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:09

Shiny wrote:Oh......my. :o

*monocle falls off and shatters on the floor*
There, there. You're still one of us. :)

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:14

Gunsmith wrote: Hey... maybe somebody stumbled across an orgy and freaked out.
As they say - Only the strong survive.

P.S. Wow, P, you sound pretty pissed off. :o

I dunno about keeping it private - but I don't see much of a difference if it isn't, really.

It's rare to find good newcomers these days as mentioned earlier and some of them barely go beyond 10 posts - so isn't it pretty much the same deal? We'll just have more eyes seeing our posts, but in the end of the day, we're functioning pretty much the same way.

Besides, about the lack of KoF talk here...well, do you see other KoF fansites talk much aside from the trivial crap and some news? They're pretty much the same boat we're in. Except that there isn't much annoyances to deal with here than there.

Persona
last rank
last rank

Post by Persona » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:21

Nah, I'm not pissed. I just wanted to try to fit in as many FUCKs as I can.

And in the end, I don't care what happens because i'm just here to hang out. If shit starts going sour, I can always just leave.

Was just giving my 2 cents.

Hmm, lemme be a bit more specific about the KOF site thingy. The thing is that most of us here just don't care about KOF as much as we used to. Of course if we had new members, they would be into KOF because this place is supposed to be a KOF site (they would keep the place alive), but there's no new members, therefore, it's like saying that it's a KOF site which is filled with people that say, enjoy talking about cars or something.

BP
hunted by pedo police

Post by BP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:29

Ah. Was a bit worried for a minute there lol. :)

I guess my only wish, in general, is that the remaining folk would keep the place more livelier and not put it through the way of the dodo.

And yeah, you're right about the KoF interest thing. Seems like XII took too long to come out and the fact that a lot of folks here moved to other stuff.

Persona
last rank
last rank

Post by Persona » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:35

Well I'm guessing that one of the reasons that people may look down at this place is because of the direction of the forums.

"Hey, they call themselves a KOF site yet talk about some of the most lamest shit ever. Might as well go to a real KOF site like -insert name-"

But I don't think we're lame in any way. They just need to be less serious and see that we're just hanging around like in a lounge or something and talking about stuff that FRIENDS talk about.

That is why I said that the site being KOF is kinda misleading these days. Even when 2002UM or XII is out, I can bet that only 15% of the people here will post in there.

Although this site was born as a KOF site (I believe?), I have no right to say it to change in any way, although I do think I have to right to ask if it can be made private. I don't really appreciate lurkers reading our stuff like the blogs section when they do not even plan to register or post (worse is register and refuse to post like what Gun said).

BP
hunted by pedo police

Post by BP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 06:49

Persona wrote:Well I'm guessing that one of the reasons that people may look down at this place is because of the direction of the forums.

"Hey, they call themselves a KOF site yet talk about some of the most lamest shit ever. Might as well go to a real KOF site like -insert name-"

But I don't think we're lame in any way. They just need to be less serious and see that we're just hanging around like in a lounge or something and talking about stuff that FRIENDS talk about.
What other KoF sites talk about KoF all the time to be honest? The only other site other than ON speaks about fanboy drivel and spams most of the time aside from posting news - so I don't think we'd have that much competition in that aspect.

As for taking things too seriously, well, those kind of people are pretty shallow, IMO. Lots of other serious strat sites have forums for casual talk and even talk about serious life stuff like in our Blog forum, so expecting it to be 'strat only, all the time' is just silly.
Although this site was born as a KOF site (I believe?), I have no right to say it to change in any way, although I do think I have to right to ask if it can be made private. I don't really appreciate lurkers reading our stuff like the blogs section when they do not even plan to register or post (worse is register and refuse to post like what Gun said).
Yeah, I was surprised in seeing the Blog section being a public forum. Thought it'd go private for members or certain folks only.

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Mon Feb 09, 2009 09:25

Well, if Gojira didn't mention it, someone mentioned us, and it was taken in a pretty negative light. Not that I really care, but I was just putting it out there, in case someone wanted to start a fire or something.

Even though Gun and the Prof are like bum buddies or something. :)

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:41

Whatever. MM is good information, but it's not like it doesn't have its good share of terrible posters. Like that guy with the hanzo av that i swear it's the most annoying passive ineffectual poster i've ever seen, and that other guy with the Dudley av that is often sorta patronizing even though nobody cares about him, and thinks of MK as a legitimate fighting game. I mean how many of our regulars are MK fans? None!
ON1 - MM 0

*/me flames*

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Mon Feb 09, 2009 13:42

Persona wrote:Making it private might also make a certain someone stop advertising his FUCKIN shit which no one gives a FUCK about.
Quote for emphasis.
Persona wrote: The thing is that most of us here just don't care about KOF as much as we used to.
Yeah screw you fuckers, I love my KOF more than I ever did thx to GGPO and play the shit and MOTW almost everyday.

BP
hunted by pedo police

Post by BP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 20:44

The only reason that advertising dude is still here is because Gun's the only one that cares. If it wasn't for that, I'd doubt he'd even bother posting here either.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Feb 09, 2009 21:00

I stickied that thread because I thought people would be interested in match videos and such...guess I was wrong :P

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Mon Feb 09, 2009 21:05

Some people seem annoyed w/ it, but I honestly didn't even see it until attention was brought to it.

Outside of his thread, never seen him. So, if he gets ran off here, he'll just find somewhere else to post his vids.

*buggers off*

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Feb 09, 2009 23:25

Well P makes some legit concerns

I could make at least the blog section private, but then again, blogs have always been public, haven't they? They're about sharing your personal feelings with the world and getting some feedback. This aint fb, we're not really showing our faces, so we can a bit more free with our thoughts... So it's kind of better than a real blog with a real name, that someone could trace and then start shouting at you lol. Hmm ... any more thoughts on this? Even if I made it private, those 400+ lurkers can still look...

As for MM, yes Prof is an old friend! Me, him and Darklancer met up online and had a lot of fun. A couple of regular posters do not represent the site. Would you say KK represents ON's values? :D

And yeah, making it totally private would cut out the chances of getting another kulanator!

I still think DG has made some nice vids, which are useful for the KOF fans that er... lurk. He may have an agenda with certain members of other forums, but again, he doesn't represent this site. Other tournament organisers will come here and create hype, that's their job! You don't see us rallying around him crying for blood, so... no lynch mob, no problem?

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Tue Feb 10, 2009 00:22

I'm no DG fan but I can see Gunny's point. Even so, I don't get why his stupid thread in the last game headlines subforum. I hate seeing his name as the last post there since I know it's worthless (to me) and requires I check the actual subforum to see if some relevant new post might have been covered up by yet another Chris vs Chris Youtube connection drain...

I say we at least move his crap to some less frequented subforum. Or maybe make him one for just that thread. We can call it "the Hole"....

As for MMCafe - I think most posters there are generally okay but there are a few dicks (BADASS dicks at that). Mostly I don't generally post there because I just don't quite get it - most of their topics aren't that interesting to me or don't seem to go anywhere. They have their moments though I guess...