SvC: Chaos Xbox question

Chat about whatever
Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...
SvC: Chaos Xbox question

Post by Apathy Wind » Fri Aug 12, 2005 17:02

I've posted this here since it deals with a SNK (slash Capcom) title but isn't gameplay related. If it belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it - my bad.

I bought SvC for the Xbox not too long ago and am quite amazed at how poorly it controls (even under the more control friendly setting on the option screen). Now I recall hearing some control issues in the arcade release (eg. the games questionable take on charge specials) but I apparently have issue even beyond that.

Specifically I find that from time to time all dragon punch motions I do end up coming out as fireballs (usually this happens six or so times in a row before returning to normal). Normally I'd just assume I'm messing the motion up but I've flawlessly being doing dragon punches on a regular basis since SF2:WW. I've also noticed that I have a hell of a time getting double button (eg. exceeds) or button tap moves (Demitri's Midnight Pleasure) to register (not a problem for me in SF or KoF titles). Oddly enough I also have a problem where my fighter will taunt without button input (the only thing I can think is that I'm somehow brushing the back trigger during gameplay).

So I have to ask other SvC players about their experience with the game. How many of the control issues with this game are inherent to the title? And for other Xbox SvC players do you have similar issues using the S Controller for this game? I'm considering buying a SF Anniversary pad for the Xbox to play this game but don't feel like blowing $30.00 if the game pretty much controls like crap anyway (particularly since this is the only Xbox game I'd be using it for). Anyone have any input on this issue?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 01:41

I believe the control issues are inherent from the source. DP motions for the shotos are apparently very strict on timing. Also, there's that charge glitch which only shows up for characters like Bison and Guile.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Aug 20, 2005 21:45

It's weird. Never had (relatively) problems with the controls of this game. And I was using the S Controller AND the Giant Controller.

Probably you're not very used to the D-Pad ;P

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Archedgar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:17

Personally I don't own SvC Chaos on Xbox, but I played it a lot when it was popular here and the control in the game is naturally tight.

A lot of moves were a pain to execute and some exceeds practically impossible(Chun Li, Balrog(boxer)). The fireball/dragon punch thing might be because the game is more leaning towards the street fighter side, street fighter, as far as I know, isn't as adept at using the buffering for special moves and supers as the SNK games do.

Again, this is mostly speculation based on the arcade game, also, I have read some reviews and never heard anything about what you are mentioning, perhaps it is your controller(s)?