Questions: Blue Mary KOF 2k1 Combo Tricks D:

Chat about whatever
Eisbergsalatsusie
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Questions: Blue Mary KOF 2k1 Combo Tricks D:

Post by Eisbergsalatsusie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 22:04

Hey guys! Hope that's the read area for this thread... Edit: Shit! It wasn't... sorry... haven't seen the "gameplay only" stuff. If possible, move this thread please.

I've got some small questions concerning Blue Mary in KOF 2k1. I've recently watched an ooooooooooold KOForever CMV from... I don't know... 2001? Anyways... it was a Blue Mary Exhibition CMV and there were some really awesome tricks. But well, as you might have guessed, I still don't really understand some of those tricks. Especially two of them.

Here the first one:

- As you can see, Mary does her qcf+Punch after she kicked Chang into the air (with her db+B). But now something really curious happens: she runs after the falling opponent und suddenly throws him across the screen. What the hell? I tried to reperform this trick but It just didn't work. My first guess was that it has something to do with the timing (1 frame combo or something like that), but after trying this combo hour after hour I dismissed that idea. My second thought was that a bug is involced. But I couldn't figure out which one. And my last idea was that a hacked version was used for this combo, but I highly doubt it (since it's Kyo3000. Yeah, he used HEX shit a lot, but he never really hacked a Game).

The second trick:

w0000000000000000000t?! It seems to be just a matter of timing but... well.... I never managed to reperform this stuff.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope you can help me! Thx!

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: Questions: Blue Mary KOF 2k1 Combo Tricks D:

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Oct 05, 2010 13:23

Blue Mary is a buggy character.
The throw off the floor bug has been present since 97

The easiest way to practice the timing is on 98

Get opp to jump.
Do qcfx2 .k - only one hit connects
run forward and hcb fwd P
you should then pick opponent off the floor!

This is the basis for her bug

How it works in 2k1 is probably due to the striker, but to be honest, I'm not going to waste my time with this!

Eisbergsalatsusie
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: Questions: Blue Mary KOF 2k1 Combo Tricks D:

Post by Eisbergsalatsusie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 18:31

I know the connection between the super move (DM) and her throws. In 2k1 it's just the same as always. E.g.: you kick the opponent with db+B into the air, do a qcf+A or C and then perform her DM (A, A, f, B, C) as early as possible. The result: Mary misses to grab the opponent in the air, which allows her to throw the opponent on the ground (either with a command throw or a normal throw).

But here, it's quite different. There is no DM involved at all and I don't think that it has something to do with the strikers (well... at least i didn't managed to perform this stuff with or without the striker). And that's what confuses me. As I said, maybe a bug is involved, but I've no idea which one.