New to the forums, as well as KOF and *most* of SNK

Chat about whatever
CrimsonCujo
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON
New to the forums, as well as KOF and *most* of SNK

Post by CrimsonCujo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 05:39

First off, I want to say hello, nice to meet you (despite it being initially off topic). I'm CrimsonCujo, a gamer who doesn't deserve to call himself one (speaking negatively) due to my lack of skill. I do have fun playing though, but I wish I could do more with it.

Anyways, to start off, I am a total SNK rookie. The only SNK game I have ever played is Fatal Fury 1-3 (since I have the Battle Collection Vol. 1 for PS2). After playing that, I wondered to myself: why didn't I hear about this series back when I was growing up? (Granted, back then gaming was seen by parents as a means to encourage juvenile delinquency - at least in my household, so I grew up with limited exposure to video games).

I began frequenting my local video game shack about a year or so ago (not GameStop or the like; when I say local, I mean it). Just recently however, I discovered another game by the same company who made the Fatal Fury games. Again, I was all like "Why the heck wasn't I aware of this sooner?". I picked it up, but because I picked it up so recently, I haven't been able to touch it (a lot of things happening in my life atm).

So to sum it up, I want to learn more about the wondrous universe that SNK has created. Granted, due to not using a credit card, certain titles will be unavailable unless they appear at my local game store.

But, I'm eager to learn about SNK's universe as a whole. How long has SNK been around? Is it a company as old as Squaresoft/SquareEnix? Was Fatal Fury their first franchise? Teach me, oh wondrous members of Orochinagi! I desire to learn!

And by the way, through simple looking at the case of the game I bought, I like the girl with that giant red staff, as well as the brown-haired punk. I won't say anymore about which game I got, since I'm sure you guys can figure it out.

Anyways, here's to becoming a member of the SNK fanbase!

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: New to the forums, as well as KOF and *most* of SNK

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Aug 17, 2010 19:37

Hi there and welcome!

To save you from my babbling, your questions about the company are quite neatly answered on the following pages:

http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymoreusa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6089278/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also watch the following documentary

Enjoy!

CrimsonCujo
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by CrimsonCujo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 21:07

Yikes! I remember a number of these games from my time in pizza parlors! And yet I had no idea it was SNK. I always thought the company that made them was called "NEOGEO". Now I've learned something totally new!

Also, there are a number of titles on the development list that I don't even recognize. Things like Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Showdown (I only watched others play it, my mom wouldn't lend me quarters to play the one at her college) I am somewhat familiar with.

And (don't laugh) I remember being infatuated with Nakoruru at the time (I was a tyke, nearly 6-7 years old), so I'd always fantasize (innocently, of course) how she'd fit into my ideal life. That fantasizing gave birth to the creativity in me, and I felt a desire to create things.

Eventually, I learned of Fatal Fury via some buds at school, but I always assumed it was an adult series. Later on, I realized I was somewhat wrong.

But I did some standalone research on KOF while I was waiting for a response. This game has one of the biggest rosters I've ever seen in a fighter! Even some really crappy fighting games can't compare!

I think I've somewhat replaced my fanboyism for Nakoruru with another girl I've never heard a thing about: Kula Diamond.

But other than that, I think I've learned more about the video game universe than I originally thought! This franchise has opened my eyes.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Aug 17, 2010 22:41

Lol, you may then find a comrade in Anti-K' hohoho *wink