Who are the best KOF/SNK Players?

Chat about whatever
Embrio
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
Re: Who are the best KOF/SNK Players?

Post by Embrio » Sun Nov 09, 2008 05:25

Persona wrote:For KOF.

If you wanna count it by continents then it's obviously Asia (China, Japan, HK, Korea, Singapore, etc).

Europe and South America also have their share of great players but their best would probably just compare to an above average asian country.

Basically from 1-10, Places like South America and Europe probably reaches 7-8 while Asia can reach all the way up to 10. Places like North America probably don't even count at all in the KOF radar.

It's all opinion though but I'm very sure Asia SHOULD be the best and most people with REAL KOF experience would agree unless they live in Europe or South America (country pride) or/and are disillusional.

The better question is, which asian country is the best? China? Japan? Korea? etc.

The reason that these type of threads invite flames and arguments is because usually one side of the arguing people are disillusional. Someone would probably come in and say something retarded like Africa is the best and make it lead to 20 pages of arguing.
Don't get me wrong, the asians are good but the latino's just got KOF down to a science. Completly different levels of ability if you ask me, comparable to some regard but the Asian's have a lot to learn.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Nov 09, 2008 07:31

I told Shiny that I was ok with this topic being open as long as it didn't devolve into flaming, but honestly I'm starting to question the utility of a topic like this. You really can't answer it until you get the best players from every part of the world and have them play each other - and until we get Latin American folks to take part in SBO or something, that isn't going to happen.

All I'm seeing so far is a bunch of assertions being tossed around.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:10

No, this thread was useful in that it made me think of using a certain new feature of the forum.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Sun Nov 09, 2008 14:34

Embrio wrote:Don't get me wrong, the asians are good but the latino's just got KOF down to a science. Completly different levels of ability if you ask me, comparable to some regard but the Asian's have a lot to learn.
Then why make a thread in the first place? It's like saying "I think this country is the best but I just feel like opening a thread so I can counteract people who don't agree with me". Luckily this was posted here and not somewhere active like say, SRK, where I'm sure the thread would've turned into WWIII with Emil and gang.

If you had no clue about the KOF scene around the world and wanted to know about other people's opinions about which is the best, I can understand opening a thread asking. But you already had your mind set and most likely won't change your mind, so why make a thread?

This is what I think of the thread:

person A: "I'm sure the taller girl is cuter. What do you think person B?"
person B: "I think the shorter girl is cuter"
person A: "Nah dude, the taller girl is definately cuter"
person B: "Then why did you ask?"

I should've kept quiet since to be honest, Fuu's first post in this thread already served the thread justice. Me and my big mouth. :(

I'm not flaming or anything, I'm just curious as to why make this thread which serves no point.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Sun Nov 09, 2008 19:31

Why isn't this is the stupid room already? This was already a joke topic from the first post.

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Mon Nov 10, 2008 06:30

Can't I just like both girls equally :o

Yoyo Tanya
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
Currently Playing:Cooking Mama! ^_^

Post by Yoyo Tanya » Mon Nov 10, 2008 15:03

China and most of Asia. ^_^

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Mon Nov 10, 2008 19:36

Hello Yoyo, it's been a while. Welcome back to the forums. What took you so long to come back?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Nov 19, 2008 14:54

Mars People are the best because they can use one tentacle to control each button and stick, and tickle the other player at the same time. It can't lose.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Nov 22, 2008 21:32

If there's going to be even a chance that this thread gets taken seriously (not going to happen but still...), you need to break down SNK/KOF games into the different games.

- For KOF98, there's no question in my mind that China is tops. The top Chinese players beat the top Japanese players at Project DNA, and Chinese players dominated KOF98 at the last SBO it was played at. Log onto GGPO and the China flag will provide you with the most largest and most consistently well-played pool of 98 competition.

- KOF2k2 it might well be the Latin Americans. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone else cares about the game as much as them anymore. The fact that the Latin Americans seem to treat it as their SNK competitive game of choice, while the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and Pakistanis prefer 98 and 98UM means that its conceivable the Latin Americans are top in this game, even if its hasn't been played out in actual competition.

- KOF98UM, the game is still too new for there to have been enough international competitions. Japan definitely has the strongest claim to the throne after the relatively poor showing of the Chinese and Hong Kong representatives at SBO. Taiwan looks to be really good too though, since the sole representative they sent won SECOND PLACE.

- Rest of the games. Who cares?

ettsuki
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by ettsuki » Sun Nov 23, 2008 03:51

Embrio wrote:Don't get me wrong, the asians are good but the latino's just got KOF down to a science. Completly different levels of ability if you ask me, comparable to some regard but the Asian's have a lot to learn.
Regarding kof98, I think China is the undisputed best followed *VERY* closely by Japan.

As for kof2002, let's just say, the japanese have more creativity, more mental toughness and better execution than the latino countries. Latinos have the Angel infinite mastered, but there are not that many latinos that can compete with the best asians. Some of my favourite latino players would be Abraham(Mexico), Khannibal(Mexico), Buchescha(Brazil), but they are going to have loads of trouble trying to beat someone like Chen Suiyang(Taiwan), Hammer(Japan), 777(Japan), Oogosho(Japan), etc. I haven't seen much from China in kof2002, with the exception of some videos posted by a user named Nicotine on youtube, and those were quite impressive.
AcidicEnema wrote:KOF98UM, the game is still too new for there to have been enough international competitions. Japan definitely has the strongest claim to the throne after the relatively poor showing of the Chinese and Hong Kong representatives at SBO. Taiwan looks to be really good too though, since the sole representative they sent won SECOND PLACE.
Yeah, they did relatively poor at SBO BUT they made up for it at TGB where they took out Japan and Taiwan. That said, Japan played extremely well at TGB and deserve major props.
You really can't answer it until you get the best players from every part of the world and have them play each other
Nah you don't need to have them play each other to know who is the best...just like I don't have to play Oogosho or 777 to know that they are better than me.

Embrio
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Embrio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 07:17

Persona wrote:
Then why make a thread in the first place? It's like saying "I think this country is the best but I just feel like opening a thread so I can counteract people who don't agree with me". Luckily this was posted here and not somewhere active like say, SRK, where I'm sure the thread would've turned into WWIII with Emil and gang.

If you had no clue about the KOF scene around the world and wanted to know about other people's opinions about which is the best, I can understand opening a thread asking. But you already had your mind set and most likely won't change your mind, so why make a thread?

This is what I think of the thread:

person A: "I'm sure the taller girl is cuter. What do you think person B?"
person B: "I think the shorter girl is cuter"
person A: "Nah dude, the taller girl is definately cuter"
person B: "Then why did you ask?"

I should've kept quiet since to be honest, Fuu's first post in this thread already served the thread justice. Me and my big mouth. :(

I'm not flaming or anything, I'm just curious as to why make this thread which serves no point.
In all honesty, I had a sincere interest in knowing how the rest of the community viewed this issue. Unlike SRK, I like to beleive this place will welcome difference of opinions, I could have gone about it in a more subtle manner perhaps...but I really had no ill concieved intentions in making this thread.

Embrio
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Embrio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 07:25

ettsuki wrote:
Regarding kof98, I think China is the undisputed best followed *VERY* closely by Japan.

As for kof2002, let's just say, the japanese have more creativity, more mental toughness and better execution than the latino countries. Latinos have the Angel infinite mastered, but there are not that many latinos that can compete with the best asians. Some of my favourite latino players would be Abraham(Mexico), Khannibal(Mexico), Buchescha(Brazil), but they are going to have loads of trouble trying to beat someone like Chen Suiyang(Taiwan), Hammer(Japan), 777(Japan), Oogosho(Japan), etc. I haven't seen much from China in kof2002, with the exception of some videos posted by a user named Nicotine on youtube, and those were quite impressive.
AcidicEnema wrote:KOF98UM, the game is still too new for there to have been enough international competitions. Japan definitely has the strongest claim to the throne after the relatively poor showing of the Chinese and Hong Kong representatives at SBO. Taiwan looks to be really good too though, since the sole representative they sent won SECOND PLACE.
Yeah, they did relatively poor at SBO BUT they made up for it at TGB where they took out Japan and Taiwan. That said, Japan played extremely well at TGB and deserve major props.
You really can't answer it until you get the best players from every part of the world and have them play each other
Nah you don't need to have them play each other to know who is the best...just like I don't have to play Oogosho or 777 to know that they are better than me.
Good imput, very well said. Although I'm still under the opinion that Lation's if given the platform would dominate....but don't get me wrong there are some beastly players in asia.