Dead forum?

Oh Hi, bitches!

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Re: King Of Fighters XIV General Discussion

Post by Mature » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:30

just quick heads up.

Ive been playing the demo for a bit. Everything about it is ace no complains but as some of you know I have been playing KOF from start. and while playing the demo something felt off.

It's to do with the dash. There is a delay when running. And example

If you do -> -> the character Runs straight away no messing about but in this case the character is not doing that.

In the demo if you do -> -> the character will make a small step forward and then RUN. This never happened before and even if it did it was in a very smooth way. You can feel it and see it. Even though the jumps are a bit heavy the running is too slow at the start.

It almost feel that you are playing online with a 90ping delay ONLY on the running.

Try it yourself and compare to any other kof (I have tested it with XI XIII 98 2001)

Someone needs to points this out to SNK group.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Fri Jul 22, 2016 05:33

Kyos a bit overpowered and toned down at the same time.
Toned down in a kof sense from his old links like a a b d things like that dont work but worked more or less in kof13 then his stuff is replaced with his hcf a firepunches comboing off his lights like cvs2 even his old stuff like hcf b d then hcf b d dragon or reverse dragon kick dont seem to work

Also Mai ab d isnt enough even with Kyos weak attack links to specials I mentioned in the forums. How come she doesnt have any command moves? They dont need to be the same thing just different ones to add insult to injury she does a cool combo where she jumps in the air and does air dive but its in aaaaa rush crap

Dinosaur is ok I really want to combo back a its pissing me off

Sylvie seems crap for normal combos the designers are forcing u to use max mode rather than having alot of normal combos like they should do she reminds me of a sf5 character not a kof or even fatalfury one

Nelson is fine no complaints his teleport combo is a bit fiddly but im sure theres more

Iori I hate his old style.... claw Iori and ex fire Iori from kof13 seem more interesting in comparision

I think some of the characters need more fleshing out with normal combos apart from that the demo is good.

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%
A.K.A.:I am single & available
Currently Playing:Meself
PSN:yummymochi

Post by Wolfie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:23

To anyone interested.

Just saw this SNK made product, KOF14 Art Book. 2,000¥ + shipping.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/books/1849 ... -book.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And about Mian (i stole reddit). Interesting face changing fact!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qty66UD6JBE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: eeh wtf, this in game play section? well whatever...

Fat Cat Lim
One stock!
One stock!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:FatCatLim
PSN:FatCatLimClone

Post by Fat Cat Lim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 09:11

Is it just me or is the hit boxes for some characters in KOFXIV really weird? Like, the character's limbs on screen may be 'touching' or 'hitting' the opponent's body, but it's not registering as an attack. Is this an issue because of the conversion from 2D to 3D? Or do I just suck at estimating the character's attacks?

I really hope that SNK comes out with a patch to not only nerf Nakoruru (and Mature...and possibly Athena) but also tweak the character hitboxes. I would have thought going to 3D would mean more accurate and tight gameplay but I feel a little lost when my characters' attacks seem to keep whiffing.

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%

Post by Wolfie » Sun Sep 11, 2016 13:24

Fat Cat Lim wrote: I really hope that SNK comes out with a patch to not only nerf Nakoruru (and Mature...and possibly Athena)
Ditto.

But I'm not scared of Athena as my Leona can poke her all day too. But with Mature's Max Mode fukkin turtle slow X fireball, I don't know how to deal with it. Tips anyone?

And what's up with the online netcode? I can't find local OZ players but kept getting JPN, TW & sometime UK, US or Brazil players. And at maximum 10 something parties in lobby, the netcode still pretty much sh!t imho.

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%

Post by Wolfie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 08:54

I'm surprise to see the first XIV merchandise.

Nendoroid - The King of Fighters XIV: Kyo Kusanagi CLASSIC Ver.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 3&page=top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%

Post by Wolfie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 05:54

CHOHISSATSUSHINOBIBACHIIIII!!!!!!!

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/60 ... ranui.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;