XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
Defeating Goodman strats

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Feb 20, 2006 13:50

PS2:
-change CPU level to 1
-change POW bars to max
-play tag mode
-do six tag attacks that connect (hiddens count) and kick the shit outta everyone ensuring you have over 50% energy left
-reach Goodman
-die
-select 1/4 energy bonus
-choose Iori and Kyo and do Kyo's QCFx2 super
-win hurrah
-see special kyo and Iori art at the end
-feel cheap

now...

How would I do this on CPU Level 8?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 07:19

I don't find Goodman to be very hard at all. Just stay outside of sweep distance, but preferably within 1/2 screen of him. Stand and block the descending flames (qcb+any), then either dash or GCFS (it's safer) and perform your longest ranged and fastest attack. For example, if you were using Haohmaru, far C would be good, or Shiki's qcb+C> C > dp+C > qcb+C combo. Rinse and repeat. Some other alternatives you could use:

King Lion's qcb+P
Mr. Big's hcb+P
Iori's hcb+K or Ya Otome DM

It's a boring method, but it works. Just remember to tag if you've taken a lot of block damage.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Re: Defeating Goodman strats

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:25

Gunsmith wrote: now...

How would I do this on CPU Level 8?
I thought there were onli 7 difficulty levels?? ohh well... in addition to what Tel said... keep ur distance just a bit more than sweep distance and wait till Goodman perform his descending flame gorilla thingy.. wait till u hear that screaming "KOARRR"effect or till u see goodman motions his hand downwards, do not block just quickly do attack that travels and comes out fast... so no slow ass fireball just do something that comes out fast and pretty damaging, eg.Ryo's hcf+d/hcb+d, haoh stand c, big's bison drill rip-off, kaede qcb+a SC to qcb,hcf+a etc etc...I just block when in doubt cuz Im pretty slow in GCFing so i got punished by his shield thingy or that 3hit a,b, low hitting flame whip(dunno the command).

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Mar 05, 2006 01:21

thanks for the tips guys

why isn't there CPU level 8? it's like neogeo tradition!

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Shirakani » Tue Mar 07, 2006 15:47

Goodman is somewhat deceptively animated if you ask me. At first i kept thinking that stupid flame beast would hit even if it was just moving...

Once i got used to teh fact it DOESN'T hit unless you cannot see the face, things get a bit easier.

He has a number of weaknesses similar to Ignis in 2k1. The key is to watch the whip. If he snaps it downward, the beast is coming down on your head. If he tugs on it with both hands, it's jumping, and it will ALWAYS jump in the direction that you are. If it's behind you it'll go toward you, etc. If he snaps the whip from low to high, triple geyser time.

The weakness is in toward the END of the whip motion, when he snaps it, it's possible to GCFS or just dodge slide forward, then hit him right as he finishes the motion, he actually has a bit of recovery after the whip snap so he can't pull that annoying shield too quickly. Or you can simply run in, guard the whip, GCFS and combo.

Kinda ironic that it takes PLAYING as Goodman to understand where the weakness is...coz the cpu will somehow find a way between the beast drop patterns you use, you can then use that exact same attack against the cpu.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Wed Jun 07, 2006 05:00

1) Be Terry Bogard.
2) Fight Goodman.
3) Stay at sweep distance, blocking low.
4) Do Burning Knuckle (qcb+A) when he whiffs the whip that brings the gorilla down from above. If this hits, do a Power Wave (qcf+C) to hit him while he's down.
5) Get back to sweep distance, blocking low.
6) If you don't have power stocks, repeat from step 4.
7) Do Buster Wolf (qcf,qcf+B) when he whiffs the whip that brings the gorilla down from above. If this hits, do a Power Wave (qcf+C) to hit him while he's down.
8) Repeat from step 5.
9) Win and marvel at the fact that you actually won using a single character.
10) Feel slightly less cheap.

Does that sound good? Also try throwing a slow projectile at him from afar and watch him do his reflector too early, jump in and punish him with your best combo lmao

Or you can be Shermie. Substitute step 4 for a Diamond Buster dash throw (qcf+K), and step 7 for her qcf,qcf+K lightning knee DM and dash back. You can also try her f,d,df+P throw, combining with her hcf+P follow-up (although I think his reflector can knock her away before the followup, I'm not sure). Haohmaru is cake, substitute 4 for far C and just repeat. Shiki, substitute 4 for her qcb+P, P, f,d,df+P, hcb+P then dash back quickly, and her 7 for her dash DM (light punch) or her sexy DM that also regenerates health. Or you can be Chonshu, 4 is f,f,N+P then dash back quickly (actually this is dangerous, but it's an example nonetheless), and 7 could be the dragon thing whose motion I keep forgetting but it takes two stocks. Rock; 4=qcb+C; 7=qcf,qcf+K OR if he's cornered, qcb+A XX qcf,qcf+P (and if the punch you used is C, juggle with qcb+A, and if you have one more stock, XX qcf,qcf+A) :LOL:

The point is always to somehow take advantage of his whiffed whip to falling gorilla thing, since if you hit him at the precise moment, or the rush move is fast enough, the gorilla will not drop on your head. Do NOT try anything at any other moment, as the gorilla arc jump and the fire geysers AREN'T too friendly or condescending.