Battle Coliseum dead already? Why?

Dream Match never ends!
Blastrezz
Battle Coliseum dead already? Why?

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 15:47

Hey....

what's up again? Nobody seems to play NGBC anymore.
What happend? Why did this happen? It seemed a quite good game without the depth of a KoF but the rest seemed ok.

So what happend to this game again? Is it only because nobody plays anymore anyway of are there other reasons?

--Blast

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Dec 19, 2005 16:34

As far as I can tell it's because KOFXI came out :x

Kind of sad, really, since apart from the Marco/Big BS there didn't really seem to be anything wrong with NGBC. Heck, I'm still looking forward to playing it myself.

denieru
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Sempai
XBL:D3NIERU
PSN:DenSempai

Post by denieru » Mon Dec 19, 2005 17:01

I can guess with the release of the ps2 port... it will respark NBC a bit on tharcades, and maybe somenew strats/combos will appear.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Dec 19, 2005 17:43

A pity. I still play NGBC, but it's mostly for testing stuff. There's hardly any competition around nowadays. And the machine at the arcade I frequent just got reset. Which means I have to wait for the bosses to become unlocked again.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Dec 20, 2005 05:16

... the stupid machine hardly arrived in other regions :/

And I hate that, because I've been expecting it since it was announced -_-

denieru
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Sempai
XBL:D3NIERU
PSN:DenSempai

Post by denieru » Tue Dec 20, 2005 05:30

its really odd that is didnt get enough distribution... I mean those that got the atomiswave rotting with NEowave would surely buy NBC or try to get something else to profit with.

it never came to Tijuana either...

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Tue Dec 20, 2005 05:33

After a lot of time they released NGBC and KOFXI too close to each other, not counting the new SS.
We had to wait for a year or so, hoping SNKP wouldn't screw this time, and then suddenly they release 3 (good) games in 3 months. I believe it has something to do with the atomisware not being so hot, so they had to rush XI.

Yeah i hope i'm making some sense, i'm sleepy as hell.

vtu22_2
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by vtu22_2 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 06:49

I think NGBC is a fantastic game! MARCO AND KYO RULES!!! Heheheh! =)

The only reason why I haven't been playing it is because my local arcade took the machine out and replaced it with KOF XI!!

So sadly, I've been stuck with KOF XI. It's even worse cause I also don't have a PS2 for the home port.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Tue Dec 20, 2005 07:39

I'm hoping that it's addition to SBO + the port would garner SOME interest back into it, but I doubt it.

Pretty sad to say that, since the I loved what I've seen from it. :( Still getting it, tho.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 19:32

I see.

Interesting. As most of you guys haven't even had the chance to play it, it's very sad. Of course the one weekend I got to play it was lucky and it took some effort but it was worth it of course.

It's so strange.... Like ShadowSonic said: Game seemed ok so far. Even judging from the videos. Yeah Marco and Big were too good but I assume not DuoLon-like.

The one thing that I'm afraid of is the sVc-phenomenon. When I first got to play sVc far ahead of it's NG home port release back then (r.i.p. NeoGeo!) I liked it a lot also and shortly after it turned out total crap in versus gameplay terms.
From that experience I learned a lot. Although I'm usually the kind of person who judges early, I most of the time have the correct intuition. With sVc obviously I was as wrong as one could be.
With NGBC I once again was flashed. I look forward to play NGBC again in some days and I just hope it doesn't turn out crap in the end as sVc pretty quickly did after some more people got to play it.

--Blast

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Wed Dec 21, 2005 21:35

I believe the most important difference between SvC and NGBC is that we've already seen a lot of match videos from NGBC, so it's safe to asume the game has some tournament/VS potential, unlike SvC. I also believe that with NGBC they improved most of the things that made SvC crappy in the VS aspect, or so I've read, I haven't got the chance to play it.. yet.
I agree with most of what's been said though, releasing 3 good games so soon gives you no time to explore all the posibilities of them all, you can't focus on all of them, so people end up choosing the most familiar/newer/whatever. I do hope the section revives after people get to play the port.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 22:11

excellent, so I assume game's not dead already, at least not for most of you guys. On the contrary you all seem to look forward to be able to play it finally. :)

Which is cool. Can only hope NGBC at least fills the gap until KoFXI arrives for PS2! Which should be ~6 months from now. If it doesn't turn out entire crap anymore then it should easily be able to entertain us until XI is widely available.

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Dec 22, 2005 00:54

That's the problem NGBC faces right now. It's a pretty good game IMHO (or I sure as heck wouldn't have written a guide for it), but a lot of people consider it as a filler for KOFXI. I play competitvely in NGBC, and while I'm not very good at it, I can say it's quite playable, and pretty good as well. Yes, there are some bad matchups, like Asura vs Big is really tough, but in a 2v2 situation, it can't be totally horrible.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Thu Dec 22, 2005 03:56

Well, I'll have to use the last resource:

IMPORT THE GAME in january, along with SSTK :3

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Jan 18, 2006 17:59

i hope the ps2 release will give this game more exposure, it's really good fun!

I'm actually getting quite addicted

especially XI is only at one arcade and I can't be arsed to visit