complete and good FAQ / Movelist ??

Dream Match never ends!
AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Nov 08, 2005 20:10

Few comments:

Chonrei:

- Intersting tit bit about the Teiogyakurin Ken. I didn't know that. Very interesting.

Rock:
- Lower evade can be cancelled *before* it hits. Theoretically can be used for fake outs.

- Nitpicking here, but Shine Knuckle *can* combo if S/Ced after a A Hard Edge. It just does piss poor damage, but it can be useful if you just need that bit more damage to kill off a character and you're not in the corner.

- According to Empyrian, Rising Tackle can be S/Ced after that 1st (or 1st and 2nd) hit.

- I believe that the only thing that you can use to interrupt a Deadly Rave: Neo is a Double Attack. Nothing else will combo.

Lee:

- Kashira Sai Kyaku is done with D button, not B button.

- A>B>C in the air can only be done during certain conditions.
1. After a connected close stand D> high jump
2. After a connected qcf+C> qcf+C> high jump

There might be more conditions, but i'm pretty sure he can't just pull it out of the air anytime.

- 'Finish' also requires you to use the same punch button that you used for the Hundred hand slap.

-Hishou Shouten Hi Mashizume. For both versions he'll spin upwards, with a bit of forward movement. A version occurs immediately but has no invulnerability. C version has invulnerability, but he pauses for 1 second before doing the spin. Both versions are pretty useless.

- D version of 100 Ren Ashi is S/Cable.

Hanzo:

- B version of the Leg Lariat is a single fast kick that moves forward. Similar to K's Minute Spike.

- WRT his teleports, here's what i posted in his thread:
"A version puts him back at the same spot. B version puts him in the air in front of the opponent. C version puts him behind the opponent. D version puts him in the air behind of the opponent.

This only works if you did the teleport right infront of the opponent. If you do them to far, the C and D versions will not teleport you behind, but in front, or even some distance infront of the opponent. "

- Ninpo Kohrin Kazan
> Punch buttons make it go horizontal. Kick buttons make him start from further up, then come down in an arch before going back up. The stronger buttons have the more exaggerated motions. qcb+ D, he almost jumps back to the corner of the screen, spins, downwards towards the centre of the screen, then goes up into the opponent's corner of the screen.
> Much better recovery than Fuma's
> Only hits once. Fuma's hits multiple times.
> Knocksdown when it hits. Fuma's doesn't.

Fuma:
- Enryuha can be done twice. You can do the second one anytime before he touches the ground. Enryuha X2 also combos if you do the second one immediately.

- Here's what I posted in his thread about the Kiri Mai. I'm pretty sure its correct.

"Fuma's HCF+ D works 2 ways depending on whether you buffered into it or not (kinda like Ralf's DP+ Punch in KOF2k3). If you didn't buffer into it, he holds back for 1-2 seconds before rushing all the way forward with it. If you buffered into it, he does it immediately, fast enough to be comboed off a d.B. Either way, it'll hit the opponent up. Note, however, that Fuma’s recovery after this move is long enough that you can't do any old juggle. The recovery of the move has to be cancelled by a special/super."

Btw, he's got semi-invulnerability when he's holding back during the Kiri Mai. I've seen fireballs go through him.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Nov 09, 2005 00:53

Thanks very much for all the info!

AcidicEnema wrote:"
- Intersting tit bit about the Teiogyakurin Ken. I didn't know that. Very interesting.

Fuma's HCF+ D works 2 ways depending on whether you buffered into it or not (kinda like Ralf's DP+ Punch in KOF2k3). If you didn't buffer into it, he holds back for 1-2 seconds before rushing all the way forward with it. If you buffered into it, he does it immediately, fast enough to be comboed off a d.B. Either way, it'll hit the opponent up. Note, however, that Fuma’s recovery after this move is long enough that you can't do any old juggle. The recovery of the move has to be cancelled by a special/super."
I can't be sure entirely about Chonrei's DM because the move's range is really short, but I noticed the CPU kept getting hit midway while blocking, so I'm guessing it at least hits low even if it doesn't act as an overhead.

Interesting. I wouldn't know, because I normally combo into the move, then qcb+D, cancel into dp+C. Thanks again, I'll be posting an updated version somewhere over the weekend. I don't want to make too many minor updates over a short period. Unless I made some major booboos, I'll probably post updates no more than once a week.

bossbass
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by bossbass » Wed Nov 09, 2005 07:50

Tel, i am so down with your project. If you didn't do it, I was going to. One of the best FAQ's I remeber was one for KOF 98. It had proven combos and infinintes for all the characters...I'd like to be a part of doing the same for this FAQ. Collecting and proving them. From the tiniest to the CRAZIEST. I have an atomiswave here at home with the game, and am willing to test out any and everything. Tell me if I can help.

Thanks!

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Nov 09, 2005 08:46

Dear Tel, if ur reading this, I would like to congratulate u on makin such a kik ass FAQ.... ohhh yeah... for the past 3 weeks ive been playin Asura intensively, just to remind u, in your FAQ u said that u cant combo anything into Asura's natas DM. Well it's untrue... try it 4 urself, if u have more than two stocks, rather than going for his BnB, go for down+B(1hit) to qcb,hcf+B NATAS instead. From what ive been doin this past 3 weeks that combo works 100% if u hit that down+b in a fairly close distance (same distance as his Bnb down+b, db+c, dp+A/B combo). I would appreciate it if u ammend the error after you have proven it urself... BTW, did i say that ur FAQ kiks ass???

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:46

Thanks very much for the encouragement guys! I promise I'll fix up as many errors as soon as possible.

Franz, so sorry about Asura's mistake. I did try cancelling his stand+B into the Natas and it didn't combo, so I kind of took things for granted.

Bossbass, I've quite a lot of stuff that I could really use testing, but it's awfully hard to specify right now, since there's still so much that's missing in the guide. My first priority is filling in the blanks for the moves that I've not used before. Check out Akari's section to get an idea what I mean.

But here's one small request. Since you have the game at home, could you confirm with me if Shin Shishioh has two versions of his King Upper DM? I've seen him perform the standard upward punch with energy trails before (like his King Straight). But I also remember seeing him punch out a multi-hit projectile straight up once. I don't know if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, or if he has two versions of the King Upper, since normal Shishioh has different effects for his A/C King Straight.

Do feel free to point out any errors that I've made OK? If you aren't sure of something that you want send to me, then PLEASE tell me about it first so I can try to test it out myself, or get a friend to test it out for me.
Last edited by Tel on Sat Nov 12, 2005 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

bossbass
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by bossbass » Sat Nov 12, 2005 03:50

You got it Tel. Don't be afraid to ask me to try stuff, I got the thing sitting here. In addition, Athena and Mars just unlocked for me. It took 14 days and 6 hours of SYSTEM time, not play time.. I'm going to keep track as the others are unlocked so we can really nail this down.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Nov 12, 2005 07:57

Thanks. I'll PM you the details.

*edit*
You've got PM. :)

marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by marco75 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:19

I have just finished writing a movelist in Word format, with arrow diagrams and character portraits. Most move names are untranslated, or missing entirely, and the game system needs to be explained.

Have a look:

http://marco75.no-ip.info/mambo/content/view/56/32/

Feel free to change it and add your name to the list of credits on the last page.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 03:37

Hey everyone, I've posted an update of my guide on GameFAQs.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Nov 19, 2005 18:28

Hey everyone, I posted a minor update (v0.2b) for the guide. Since I won't have time to do any testing next week, I'll be holding off next week's update unless I made a huge mistake somewhere that needs immediate correction.

Rogerkorn
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Rogerkorn » Mon Nov 28, 2005 19:59

marco75 wrote:I have just finished writing a movelist in Word format, with arrow diagrams and character portraits. Most move names are untranslated, or missing entirely, and the game system needs to be explained.

Have a look:

http://marco75.no-ip.info/mambo/content/view/56/32/

Feel free to change it and add your name to the list of credits on the last page.
Nice job Marco :D

marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by marco75 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 23:28

Thank You for your kind words. I'm currently working hard to anglicize all move names, using Kao Megura's FAQs of '98 - 2003. I have used Tel's FAQ as a guide for everything else.

I better hurry up and finish this guide, NGBC seems rather unpopular at the local video arcade (the Koreans are playing KOF, still) which is strange -- it is a much better game than any of Playmore KOFs, IMO.

OT: Australia is the worst region for 2D fighters -- remember how popular SFA3 was in the states? Well, there were only 500 copies released on PS1 for ALL of Australia. Guilty Gear Isuka was on sale, for like, two weeks. Blink and you miss it. Australian fans are literally FORCED to modchip, import and pirate this style of game.
It's sort of a Catch 22 for the publisher -- when the games are so difficult to find, gamers don't know they even exist, and so sales figures are low, because unit numbers are low. Sucks, doesn't it?

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:01

sure does mate. Our arcade in Perth isnt too bad though, its frequented mostly by Singaporeans and Koreans (i think, i cant really tell) and they make it clear what they want.

Which city you from?

marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by marco75 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 03:58

I have lived in Brisbane since graduating from high school (1992).

I am continuing work on the graphical NGBC guide, though I may have to give up on the move translations, since there are so many new attacks in NGBC. I have only done Kyo and Iori, since they haven't changed much since KOF'98.

I would like to get the home version for PS2 (bought Soul Calibur III and a PStwo last week), but chances are it will never be released here. Perhaps I could import the European release.

Any other people from Brisbane on this message board?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 13:10

OK, I've posted an update on GameFAQS.