43%

Total votes: 14

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:42

IMO K' shouldn't be any higher than C rank. He's lost most of his good points from the KOF games.

And the jins suck, it's the truth! :(

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:20

that list is seriously flawed. Yuki in bottom tier? come on.....

K' in C tier is just fine. Oh, and kyo below iori in this game is just wtf to me since kyo's much safer and more combo friendly.

also shishioh should be the highest ranking subboss due to his ability to brutally shutdown a lot of the cast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 16:12

Shin Shishioh is definitely THE top boss of the game. But as for Kage Shishioh, I think he's great, but definitely not top tier. He's very strong at mid range, but his King Straight is his only long distance move, while he's too huge a target to get up close.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Thu Jan 12, 2006 02:29

I'm thinking the reason why Iori is higher than Kyo is when it comes to easier damage, Iori wins. Any poke from Iori connects to qcb Ax3 into OTG. Kyo on the other hand has to get in closer to dish damage. When it comes to normal pokes, I also see Iori being better than Kyo. Kyo was never a poker in any SNK he was in, Iori on the other hand is more well rounded in everything he does. And NGBC poke games are pretty important since there's no small jump.

As for Yuki, he seriously puts too much effort for very little reward. He reminds me of Jam from GGXX where you can keep powered up specials, but the difference is the specials help Jam a lot but for Yuki, um, barely anything? I honestly haven't seen any good Yuki players (actually any Yuki players to put it straight), but I don't really think he'll get past C or D rank. Out of him and Ai, I seriously think Ai is way better, and she's only C rank in the Arcadia tiers.

And IMHO Athena is the most useless character ever. I don't see a purpose to her in the game at all.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Jan 12, 2006 04:14

Persona wrote:I'm thinking the reason why Iori is higher than Kyo is when it comes to easier damage, Iori wins. Any poke from Iori connects to qcb Ax3 into OTG. Kyo on the other hand has to get in closer to dish damage. When it comes to normal pokes, I also see Iori being better than Kyo. Kyo was never a poker in any SNK he was in, Iori on the other hand is more well rounded in everything he does. And NGBC poke games are pretty important since there's no small jump.
i always saw kyo in NGBC as having a lot more options than iori. I mean, yeah, iori has high damage potential for such a basic combo (which lands from pokes as well), but kyo's also a whole lot safer. An aptly-timed GCFS from one of iori's blocked qcb A/C and he'll be punished bad. Also kyo has his air RED kick which is really, really annoying at times ><

Kyo does need to land his standing C to land basically all his damaging combos, though.....so yeah, against Big players he might have some problems :P

Persona wrote:As for Yuki, he seriously puts too much effort for very little reward. He reminds me of Jam from GGXX where you can keep powered up specials, but the difference is the specials help Jam a lot but for Yuki, um, barely anything? I honestly haven't seen any good Yuki players (actually any Yuki players to put it straight), but I don't really think he'll get past C or D rank. Out of him and Ai, I seriously think Ai is way better, and she's only C rank in the Arcadia tiers.
Well, with yuki, he has no crouching b, crouching A combos, but he does have a really fast air dash which can get him out of the corner and/or lead to more pressure/mind games. It also gives him nasty throw attempts and quite a good offense. Trouble is, if you fight a turtle who can GCFS at the right moments and block your crossups (which, trust me, isn't very hard to do at all), then you can get punished pretty bad. I mean, seriously, if all this is taken into account, he'd still be at least D rank.....he's definetly no athena :P

Jericho MPM TFS
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Techincal Fighting System
Currently Playing:Forza2 - VF5 - Samurai Shodown2 - NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - PGR4 - KOF98um 2002um KOF12
XBL:Online Can Dead
PSN:Jericho_MPM_TFS

Re: NGBC tier list

Post by Jericho MPM TFS » Fri Aug 19, 2011 20:04

As the years have gone on but this is my own opinion ok.

1. SSS - Goodman
2. SSS - King Lion
3. SS - Neo-Dio
4. SS - Orochi
5. SS - Mr Big

6 S - Kim
7 S - Mudman
8 S - Marco
9 S - Hotaru
10 S - Robert

11 A - Haohmaru
12 A - Mars People