Bad
43%

Total votes: 14

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
NGBC tier list

Post by Empyrian » Sat Sep 24, 2005 13:17

(corny chihuahua) *ahem* I mean, konnichiwa. I am Empyrian, The blight of ON, The Scourge of SCORN. This is my tier list for NGBC.

This game is actually rather balanced. In theory, almost all the characters are *useable* in some ways.

S aka Stupidly easy to win/use rank.

Big, Marco, Kaede

A aka Almost just as stupidly easy to win/use rank.

Kim, Kyo, Hotaru, Hanzo, Robert, Cyber Woo, Iori, Akari, Geese

B aka Blue chips of the game rank.

Moriya, Fuma, Haohmaru, Genjyuro, Ryo, Washizuka, Mudman, Rock, Terry, Chonrei, Yuki, K`, Kisarah

C aka Can be used but... are you trying to lose rank.

Chonshu,Mai, Shermie, Lee, Tung, Shiki, Nakoruru, AI, Athena, Mars People

D aka Don't know why you want to use them rank.

Asura

E aka (E)diot rank. (I believe that no character is in this rank at the moment.)

The margin of error for my list is + and - 1 tier except for the S class characters.

3rd Revision.
Last edited by Empyrian on Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:16, edited 3 times in total.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Sep 24, 2005 13:55

I think I'll chip in two pennies.

I think I'll throw my new favorite character Mudman in the C rank range, he's a keep-away guy, but with the d+B in air he can play a bit of close-up. What I think is that he has keep away moves but no effective DP, d,u+P is around average. His keep-away tools are nice but when he's closed in by the opponent he's pretty much screwed.
His supers are okay, two big fireballs and one pretty fun pillar super. But damage-wise he doesn't kill you like Marco does, and Marco got like twice the moves and options of Mudman. Mudman's fun though.

I'm not sure where Mr. Karate fits in this tier list, got a good suggestion? I think he's pretty solid but he doesn't seem like an S or A rank guy to me.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Sep 24, 2005 20:42

Too funny. SRK's tier list is way too different :P

nothingxs
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:violent fighting to come again
XBL:nothingxs
PSN:nothingxs

Post by nothingxs » Sun Sep 25, 2005 07:39

I'd move Marco down to the A tier and move Kim up to the S tier. Kim is just too good and he has too good of a game. Marco, OTOH, is a bit too technical to use (not too hard to use, but technical knowledge, execution and prediction play a huge part in his game -- aka, mindfuck them to win).

Geese has incredibly good corner pressure, btw, and he doesn't have a very hard time getting you into it, so A or S tier.

Genjuro is A, definitely. Between A and B at least.

Hanzo is definitely A tier. All-around solid. Good enough mixup, great poking, easy hitconfirmable B&B chain into super.

Not sure if Robert should be B or A, because Robert's ridiculous strong, and he can keep you far away for a damn long time if he has to.

Don't people generally place Yuki in B-A?

Kyo's kind of B tier in that he needs to be close to hurt you. If he's far, he's got ... nothing. That's it. And he has to work a little to get close.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:21

I owe you guys an apology. I had artificially pushed down the ranks of most characters by one as I find that it seems people are too generous labeling so many characters S and A ranks. Since the argument is that the game is quite balanced, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that there are so many useable/viable characters?

Anyway, I decided to amend my list. The current list more or less reflects my views for the moment.

Pen: Yeah, Ryo is not a S or A rank guy but he has like no recovery lag! He does pretty nice damage too. I like him. :p

Nothingxs: If there is one thing that both the Chinese and Japanese agreed on, it is that Kyo IS on A rank. This also reflects my views on him too. In addition, Marco is *that* good too.

D`Cloud
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by D`Cloud » Sun Sep 25, 2005 19:53

i dont see whats wrong with mars people..

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Sep 26, 2005 01:33

not bad, but just got a few bones to pick :P

yuki in general is imo between A and B tier.....pretty damn good, but does have some major flaws (really gcfs'able)

honestly i was surprised to see shermie so far down.....and terry imo is definete B tier because he's another overall strong character

and cyber woo in A rank??? hmmm

and yeah, after playing kim a whole lot more, i'd say he's up there with big/marco at least........although his staple crap is more easily gcfs'able than the rest of the top tier, he just does damage too damn easily

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Mon Sep 26, 2005 04:22

So, Asura really sux?? too bad

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Mon Sep 26, 2005 04:37

I think he's just too slow...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Sep 26, 2005 05:46

Grading system revealed. Characters are graded according to;
Damage/Recovery/Gauge consumption/Aggregate.

D`Cloud: You have to offer some information other than a generic statement. You have to give me some redeeming factors.

This is what I think. Using the grading system above, Mars People does crap damage, has bad recovery and not really stellar super moves.

I grade Mars People a D/C/C/D. Taking into account the margin of error, he is at most at C class.

T.T.: In regards to Kim, no one doubts his strength. However is his strength comparable to Big, Marco and Kaede? I am not sure.

The only range for Kim to work properly is close range. Not so for Marco and Kaede. Big also works close to mid range but his normal moves cancel freely to whatever he wants. Kim gets an A across the board while the other 3 have an least a S somewhere.

Cyber Woo is a character skewed on the damage side. His rating is S/C/A/A imo.

Shermie is like C/C/B/C to me although her dp Kick is a fine anti air. (as long as you don't overlap her.)

I am tempted to drop Washizuka and Rock to C rank but I am open to suggestions. :p

Robo-Ky
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Robo-Ky » Wed Sep 28, 2005 01:28

I haven't seen a single decent Geese vid so I'm wondering what Geese can do to deserve being that high on the list... enlighten me.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Sep 28, 2005 08:02

Empyrian wrote: T.T.: In regards to Kim, no one doubts his strength. However is his strength comparable to Big, Marco and Kaede? I am not sure.

The only range for Kim to work properly is close range. Not so for Marco and Kaede. Big also works close to mid range but his normal moves cancel freely to whatever he wants. Kim gets an A across the board while the other 3 have an least a S somewhere.
hmm, point taken....i guess kim's top of the second tier then :P

but yeah, i really dont see much of a problem with mars people.....after seeing some vids, he can be really, really annoying......

seems to have alright mobility as well

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 09:11

Nothingxs... Are you THAT nothingxs from Gunz? >_>.

Anyway, Bring Haohmaru up, hes pokes are very good. Thats just my opinion though.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Sep 28, 2005 15:16

I reckon these chars should be B rank.

Mai, Shermie, K`.

Mai new f-Kick allows for new nasty combos. qcf C is alot faster than in KOF series. Air Slam/Grab rules!

Shermie can pressue pretty well with stand B, f+ B.

K' 's qcf X 2 kick DM combo pretty much similar to Haomaru.

D`Cloud
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by D`Cloud » Wed Sep 28, 2005 19:15

havent played ngbc on a decent stick yet.

i'll post my opinions later.

only opinion i have is his ufo super is too fast now but it juggles.