Post by Empyrian » Sun Sep 18, 2005 07:57

System:
A/B/C/D/E = LP/LK/HP/HK/tag
f,f = step
f, hold f = run
(f/b+) C+D = throw
C+D when thrown = throw escape
A+B when knocked down = recovery roll
f,f when blocking = guard step (1/2 stock) No invulnerability.
Just Defend Guard Cancel Step: Same as above, but done after 'just defending' (0.25 stock)
A+B = tactical step (1/2 stock) You are invulnerable when using it.
AC tactical step= press AB when hit with a certain one of your normal (not special aka fireball, etc) attacks. You flash blue when successful. (one stock.)
E while blocking = guard cancel tag (1 stock)
QCF + E when D-ASSAULT OK! light is lit-up = double assault; depletes opponent's healable (red) bar

Auto-charge = power bar begins to fill by itself if you don't tag for 8 seconds
Hyper charge = your waiting character gets an attack bonus if you don't tag for 20 second

Super cancels do not require additional stocks.
Last edited by Empyrian on Mon Sep 19, 2005 05:20, edited 1 time in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Sep 18, 2005 08:00

One addition - your waiting character gets Hyper Charge if you do a D.Assault. Don't know if the previous usage (i.e. wait for 20 seconds) still applies.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Sep 21, 2005 09:09

AC tactical step= press AB when hit with a certain one of your normal (not special aka fireball, etc) attacks. You flash blue when successful. (one stock.)

Eh. That's new. Has anybody out there put this system to effective use? Would seem very useful for pressure.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:09

AcidicEnema wrote:AC tactical step= press AB when hit with a certain one of your normal (not special aka fireball, etc) attacks. You flash blue when successful. (one stock.)

Eh. That's new. Has anybody out there put this system to effective use? Would seem very useful for pressure.
Yup, as a pressure tactic, esp when the opponent is low on life, you can do stuff like C -> A+B -> throw

If the opponent counters with guard +E, you wont get hit.

isnt it half a stock though?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:03

I think it was one stock the last time I cancelled my normal moves... I will try again next time.

The damage scaling in this game seems to be more refined than 2k3 imo.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 00:19

yeah im pretty sure it was one stock

a basic cheezy strat using it is doing a standing C, AB, throw

wonder if it'll be fast enough to combo

oh, and btw can you only cancel out of cancellable normal move, or just normal moves altogether? i know it doesn't work for command normals though (eg. kim's f+b)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Sep 22, 2005 13:27

I think pressing E after blocking when you only have 1 char does a normaly Kof CD

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Sat Sep 24, 2005 09:06

^^
confirmed.
Guard Crush Blowout or whatever the hell its called.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 18:58

~!T.T!~ wrote:a basic cheezy strat using it is doing a standing C, AB, throw

wonder if it'll be fast enough to combo

oh, and btw can you only cancel out of cancellable normal move, or just normal moves altogether? i know it doesn't work for command normals though (eg. kim's f+b)
I'm not sure either about when this AB Move Cancel Step (is the official name really AC Tactical Step??) is possible but I also guess it works only for normally cancelable moves and to answer your question: Yes it is fast enough to combo afterwards. For example with Kyo I got A, AB (blue flash), c.A out of accident somewhen and it counted 2 hits! Couldn't explore this more, though....

--Blast

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:27

Actually most characters can use the Tactical step. You can see it being used in a combo if you watch the recent match video by T.T. But because of the damage scaling it might not always be useful.

For instance when I do Kyo's Stand C, AB, stand C, qcf C, qcf C blah blah the damage is not a whole lot more than without the tactical step plus the fact that you waste half a bar, it still needs to be used wisely.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 14:29

Geese wrote:But because of the damage scaling it might not always be useful.
Speaking of which, any idea how the damage scaling in the game works? I've noticed that it seems to work like MOTW/LB2-style scaling, but in addition as your opponent's life bar goes down they start to take less damage from things (GGXX-style).

Admittedly my observations are based entirely on match vids so they may not be accurate. Thoughts?

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 15:01

ShadowSonic wrote:
Geese wrote:But because of the damage scaling it might not always be useful.
Speaking of which, any idea how the damage scaling in the game works? I've noticed that it seems to work like MOTW/LB2-style scaling, but in addition as your opponent's life bar goes down they start to take less damage from things (GGXX-style).

Admittedly my observations are based entirely on match vids so they may not be accurate. Thoughts?
Huh? Damage Scaling is very low, imo. I didn't even notice all too much while playing. It might be there but I guess it is only dramatic in longer combos like the Kyo one in the corner with his many dp+A. Otherwise I think scaling is not to heavy. If it were, why would they encourage the use of super cancels so fiercly? And SCs DO a lot of/enough damage in most cases.

I also didn't notice the GG-style "the less life the longer the opponent lasts" energy bar phenomenon..... Have to pay attention to this.

--Blast

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Oct 05, 2005 00:48

it really didnt occur to me that characters took less damage when they have less life.......i guess i'll look at match vids more closely then....

im not sure if this is true, but do juggling hits (e.g. anything after kyo's qcf D,D or hotaru's mount super after her launching kick) do less damage? you can clearly see it after hotaru's combo, but i guess that might also explain kyo's dp As in a juggle doing 1 pixel of damage each

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 06:32

Well, like I said, that's what it looked like to me. Since I've never played the game I'm probably wrong, though.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:07

ShadowSonic wrote:Well, like I said, that's what it looked like to me. Since I've never played the game I'm probably wrong, though.
Nope you're actually correct. The proof is Haohmaru. 2 Stand C's will reduce opponent to half, But it takes another 3 stand C's to reduce the other half.

Scaling is very obvious if you do many hit combos. For instance after Kyo enters that fiery mode, do the qcf +a, qcf +c blah blah when you get about 20 hits and the opponent is in the air, and you uppercut 3 times, they seem like they do NO damage.

Its also obvious with hotaru, where the qcf x2 +b special takes a just bit less than the whole combo with the same special!