Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X
Home port: NGBC coming to XB360 and PS2

Post by Gojira » Fri Sep 16, 2005 13:08

No details yet, but looks like it's coming.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651197p1.html

Also coming to PS2, according to Iggy.

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0509/15/index.html

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Fri Sep 16, 2005 20:00

Doesn't putting it on the 360 seem unnecessary?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 20:01

PS2 version will be out in Japan by the end of the year, according to SNKP's NeoGeo Freak website.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Oct 06, 2005 14:34

The Japanese PS2 port has been announced for a release on 22nd December 2005.

Source

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 14:40

ShadowSonic wrote:The Japanese PS2 port has been announced for a release on 22nd December 2005.

Source
*prays for its accuracy*

Well, this would be the fastest PS2 port ever. But if we were honest we had to admit ports most of the time were delayed....

Let's just hope this one gets released VERY quick!

--Blast

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Dec 05, 2005 23:59

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/soft/02/index.html
NGF article about the PS2 release of NGBC.

New features:
- Improved graphics (whatever that means)
- Colour edit
- Arranged soundtrack
- 4 new stages with 2 variations each
- Command edit feature (must be those macros you can record)
- PS2 new mode: Tag Play (wtf?)
- Goodman and Shin Shishioh playable (meh)

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Tue Dec 06, 2005 06:42

ShadowSonic wrote: - PS2 new mode: Tag Play (wtf?)
If this what I think it means, It might be the 1-P mode with the VS match rules i.e Basic 160 sec timer, need to K.O both characters to win, etc.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Dec 06, 2005 17:49

... no new characters? :( (and no, Goodman and Shin Shishioh don't count).

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Tue Dec 06, 2005 19:11

Okay and as of yet the timeframe has not been pushed back correct?? Excellent.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Tue Dec 20, 2005 07:42

Famitsu gave the PS2 port of the game a score of 26 out 40 (6/6/8/6). Which makes me wonder if they're either fed up by 2D fighters or something went wrong with the port (slowdown or long load times)

Sure hope that it's nothing serious.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Dec 21, 2005 21:31

Load time is horrid, horrid, horrid in Arcade play mode. While it isn't all that bad in Survival or Tag Play mode, which doesn't make much sense.

It is basically another KOF port. Some of the art in Gallery mode is really poor too (like looking at a sub-par deviantart site.) Goodman has no jump/crouch. one punch/kick, 4 specials and one powerup super. The bonus backgrounds are 3D prerendered stuff and look totally out of place, they have way to much motion in them as well that only serves to distract you.

It is a port, nothing more. If you are hoping to get it for extras you will be really disappointed. I know I am. 28 is at the lowerend of Famitsu score range but I believe it should be at least 3-4 points lower.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Dec 22, 2005 00:58

Hey, if it's a consolation to you, the arcade version of NGBC and KOFXI have poor load times as well. Which is kind of ironic, as its old MVS board games never had that problem.

BTW, to anyone who has the console version, could you do me a favour and help me test out some things for my guide?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Dec 22, 2005 02:59

I ment as in comparison to the Atomiswave version. On background change (every 3 stages) it takes probably twice as long. There is also a 5-15second blackscreen while just loading the characters on same background. This is pretty much instantanious on Atomiswave.

Even stuff like going to settings menu during a fight has notable loading times.

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Thu Dec 22, 2005 15:32

As long as it doesn't have PSX KOF loading times I won't complain. Besides, you gotta take into acount that most people haven't even played the game yet and the ports might be their only choice. About Goodman, he's not a normal character, standard rules don't apply to him. Heck, Mukai doesn't crouch either and you don't see people complaining... at least it doesn't lag as KOFNW.. right?

Fat Cat Lim
One stock!
One stock!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:FatCatLim
PSN:FatCatLimClone

Post by Fat Cat Lim » Mon Dec 26, 2005 03:47

The extra loading time for the Arcade Play mode is really weird, considering that it loads pretty fast in Survival mode. It can take up to 15 - 17 seconds to load in Arcade Play, which is actually quite long for a 2D fighting game in this day and age. Did something go wrong with the coding? I might as well play normal Tag Play mode.

There are now 'night' versions of the original NGBC backgrounds but you can only see them while playing Survival or Tag Play Mode. The same goes for the 3D backgrounds. The 3D backgrounds are nice enough and my favourite is the Metal Slug one. Too bad they couldn't make 3D versions out of the original NGBC backgrounds to give it a more uniform look.

Tag Play is, like people assumed, VS Play where you need to defeat both CPU characters before you can go on to the next round. I think there's 6 rounds all together and when you finish, you automatically go on to meet Goodman as the final boss (correct me if I'm wrong, but I met him in my first playthrough).

Survival Challenge Mode pits you against all the characters ala Tag Play, but the difference is that the CPU characters have only 1/8 defense and weak AI, making it very easy to beat them. However, after every 4-5 rounds, you will go up against a Boss character (Mizuchi, Neo Dio, Shishioh, and finally Goodman), which will also have weak defense but have slightly better AI than the other normal CPU characters.

If you lose a character against a Boss character or more than half of your lifebar but you still manage to get a win, you will enter the next round with both characters having 50% of their lifebar. You don't gain any additional life after every round, so I guess that's the real challenge, which is to defeat the Boss characters. Only when you defeat the Boss characters in Survival Challenge Mode can you unlock them.