Mizuchi (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 17:22

His fireball command is fine for me, but the dp+P command is occassionally wonky and I get his fireball instead. And I can't get his counter move out with f,fcf+K, though hcf,hcf+K works just fine for me. Mizuchi is kinda boring to use, and neither of his DMs are very workable. I prefer Orochi in PS KOF97, though he was dead owerpowered.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Mon Jan 02, 2006 20:40

[D (1hit), f hcf C, dash, D (1hit), f chf C, dash]xN on a cornered oponent...

And it's a true infinite, not like the Asura's one (you can tech roll)

I really hope that I'll not find anything like that....

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 01:48

Despite the fact that you can tech roll as I stated at SRK you can use Asuras to set up his C Unblockable...

Ridureyu
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Ridureyu » Mon Jan 23, 2006 06:10

I used to be registered here - havven't been active since long before the server change. But anyway, I thought I'd post this.

Several years ago, I used the wonderful program of MUGEN to compare original Zero and Rugal's sprites, proving that O. Zero isn't Zero with Rugal's head, he's an edited 2000 Zero sprite without the moustache.

Since people have brought up some confusion on Mizuchi vs. Orochi, I thought that I'd try to clear the air.

yues, Mizuchi is redrawn. No, Mizuchi does not use the 1997 orochi sprites.

You can really see the difference in this image - I simply loaded up the recently-released Mizuchi alongside Orochi, and hit print screen while they were standing together. They look mostly the same, but there are subtle differences in height, hair, musculature, etc. etc. The two sprites are ver similar, but NOT the same. And yes, that size difference is genuine (unless the MUGEN guys got their scaling wrong, which is always a possibility.)

Now, for the real question: Why mizuchi and not orochi? Is there a bio for this guy?

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:54

Yeah i'm a bitch for pixel art and i noticed this while playing, i believe something is reused though not much (part of the intro, a winning pose, most likely the get-hit animation).
As far as i know Mizuchi is a clone of Orochi made by the evil organization WAREZ. OMG!!!
Oh and in Japanese mythology, Mizuchi is a shapeshifting water snake, so yeah.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Mon Jan 23, 2006 15:22

I see more detail in Mizuchi.

Some of the moves seem to be edits of Orochi moves, though (standing FK). But of course, Mizuchi is cooler because he can crouch :D And he doesn't have a retarded AI.

Ridureyu

Post by Ridureyu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 07:26

Not only is Mizuchi more detailed, but he's also better-proportioned. If you look at the images, the only significant size difference is the fact that Orochi's legs are long enough to be stilts.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:50

The distortion effect on Mizuchi/Orochi's legs are pretty cool. He does look slightly different from Orochi alright. Maybe it's the hardo. :)

But you know, speaking of Original Zero, even though the head isn't exactly Rugal's, he looks very different in-game and in the cinematics. Which just gives me a feeling someone in the art depeartment got really lazy. Heck, they could've put in Geese or Krizalid's face and turn his hair white (or slick his hair back in the case of Krizalid) and it wouldn't look so obvious.

Ridureyu

Post by Ridureyu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 22:31

Original Zero's head is Zero's head minus the moustache.

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Thu Feb 02, 2006 09:09

Ridureyu wrote:Not only is Mizuchi more detailed, but he's also better-proportioned. If you look at the images, the only significant size difference is the fact that Orochi's legs are long enough to be stilts.
Orochi's longer legs gives him the more highly god-power feel. Especially in an artwork where you see a low angle shot of Orochi from below, That give hims the high hierarchy aura to him.

Plus hes an eight-headed dragon in human form.

Ridureyu

Post by Ridureyu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:11

He's an eight-headed dragon on stilts.

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 00:46

shen_vs_galford wrote:
Ridureyu wrote:Not only is Mizuchi more detailed, but he's also better-proportioned. If you look at the images, the only significant size difference is the fact that Orochi's legs are long enough to be stilts.
Orochi's longer legs gives him the more highly god-power feel. Especially in an artwork where you see a low angle shot of Orochi from below, That give hims the high hierarchy aura to him.

Plus hes an eight-headed dragon in human form.

That is true. Artistically, the guy's form and overall look gives off an air of superiority. Orochi is a dragon god, and seeing that only the Yagami, Kusanagi, and Kagura can seal him away (i.e. not kill him/it), then that's scary. Sometimes I hate to think if any of them were killed without any heirs... :-(

However, in Mizuchi's ending, it is assumed that Orochi and him are officially merged, or so I gathered. :LOL: I am guessing from the way the dialogue is tilted (i.e. "I am you, you are me." etc.), that it is Orochi himself speaking to Mizuchi. And so on, and so forth.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Mizuchi is a clone of Orochi made by WAREZ, yes? So, of course they can't really duplicate Chris's DNA (seeing that he was 'absorbed' during his transformation into Orochi back in KOF '97), then they have to use a different 'host' body (Mizuchi's host looks quite different from Chris, just from first glance). That's why the two have slight differences, but that's natural, if anything dealing with Orochi/Mizuchi can be called 'natural.' rofl