Kyo Kusanagi (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Kyo Kusanagi (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:21

He's back for another bout; KoF's trademark character makes his way with his NESTS era outfit for the first time in a crossover.

It seems like Kyo has a new followup to his Aragami chain that leads to a kick then an explosion. Also, he might (keyword on might) have a super where he gets an aura of flame around him and can cancel into his aragami/dokugami at least like the KOF 2002 MAX mode (as seen in the game's AOU trailer at the official site)

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 05:14

From the latest video, he seems decent. Dokugami damage is 2K3 level. In other words...OUCH. He does seem to have trouble keeping the pressure up though due to the lack of short jumps in the game.

He also appears to have an air R.E.D. kick, if the scans from Arcadia are accurate. Also, he has a new chain off his QCF + C that goes as follows:
QCF+C, QCF+C, QCF + A, QCF+K, HCB+C.

This makes him do a Dokugami, followed by a QCF+A, QCF+A, K chain, followed by his old "Ore no kachi da" winpose. When he clenches his fist, the opponent explodes. Looks pretty cool, and it juggles if you're in the corner. A video has shown that he can follow up with the D.Assault.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:02

Juggles like crazy in the corner, almost as bad as 2k Kyo... Cant remember the exact sequence, but I think its c, qcf d, d, hcb d, qcf b,b, uppercut, uppercut, uppercut :p

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Archedgar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:12

That combo sounds pretty insane, but I have heard that Kyo is possibly the top tier char of NGBC.

Of course, I myself haven't played it so ... :roll:

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Aug 21, 2005 14:57

Perfect Stranger wrote:Cant remember the exact sequence, but I think its c, qcf d, d, hcb d, qcf b,b, uppercut, uppercut, uppercut :p
wth? 3 uppercuts??? that's....just plain insane :!: :!: :!:

but anyway, the "ore no kachi da" explosion seems to take up about half a bar to do, but i guess from the vids it looks like the chain itself builds up enough meter for it anyway.....

[/b]

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 13:05

Not sure about taking up half a bar to do, but once you do the full qcf c, qcf c (you can only do this qcf c if the first one actually hits, by the way), qcf a, qcf b, hcb c combo, Kyo can do a special tag attack with Iori - its done by qcb hcf AE.

You have about 8 seconds to do the special tag attack before you will go back to doing the normal one.

The special tag attack involves Kyo doing his qcf x2 super while Iori does his 2k3 LDM.

Knocks out a SHITE load more of the opponent's red bar.

Note that the motion for the special tag out is UNIQUE to Kyo alone. I;ll post Iori:s in his thread

Perfect Stranger
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 13:14

Fnarking hell, Gun, why did you enable guest posting ><

The last post was mine. I:m a gonna spam this message in all of the last few messages I made.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Sun Aug 28, 2005 05:08

His far C is cancellable again!

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 29, 2005 00:38

Not sure if this is true, but taunting after his Mushiki lets you do MAX cancels for a limited period of time, judging from some of the earlier videos + one of the match videos.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:08

yeah its true....i think it ends shortly if you're hit while in that mode though.........

but i got about 20 cancels (yes, 20) before max mode ran out today.......

kyo seems to be quite the beast in this game....

EDIT: also, just a couple of combos that I tried and do work

(in corner) jump c, stand c, qcf c, qcf c, qcf a, qcf b, hcb c, hcb d, dp a, dp a, dp a....

and a no brainer, you can replace the hcb d with a dp C XX headbutt DM

although oddly i couldnt get jump c, stand c, qcf DD, hcb B, qcf BB in the corner...

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:06

Wow, Kyo's quite a beast here O.o

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 13:18

Got to play NGBC for a few dozen rounds, and I think I'm grasping a few things with kyo.

This guy is pretty good. I don't know why but I can do crossovers with his jump d+C easily when the CPU wakes up. Kyo's a lot more powerful in this game than in say, KOF 2002 or 2003.

If you haven't discovered yet, Kyo can do his RED Kick in the air, the motion is qcb+K, very good in the air and quite safe even if blocked on the ground.

Aragami followup doesn't come out when the Dokugami gets blocked. I still don't know why but that seems to be the case, can anybody confirm for me?

From a match video I saw, after the Dokugami->Aragami chain->boom, you can do hcb+D then a dp+C. I can do the hcb+D but dp+C never connected. Perhaps it's a timing issue?

I'm still trying Kyo out and for now I think he's definately in my tag team.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 15:24

PenPen wrote: From a match video I saw, after the Dokugami->Aragami chain->boom, you can do hcb+D then a dp+C. I can do the hcb+D but dp+C never connected.
i dont think it connects, but you can do dp A, dp A, dp A after the hcb D though

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Tue Sep 06, 2005 08:19

OMG! Kyo is GREAT!
Confirmed the combo: jC, sC, qcf+C, qcf+C, qcf+A, qcf+B, hcb+C which does juggle, then in corner, hcb+D, dp+A x2. Cant get the third to connect, but maybe practice will help. I love it so much, coz even from almost mid screen, the opponent gets pushed into the corner.

Idea: lets try this everyone!:

After hcb+C (in corner), instead of hcb+D…, will dp+C xx qcb,hcf+AE work? (Kyo/Iori combo) Now that would be cool! I mean, its ideal, considering that you only have a limited amount of time after executing the combo to do the super, this should connect it no worries!

Anyone tried it yet? Speak up if you have

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 02:07

^
I don't think it works, but I don't know.

Anyway, dp+a x 3 works. I've been doing it all the time. The last one is a little hard, because when you hit the opponent, he is just an inch above the ground.

Damage wise, it isn't that spectacular though. Anyway, if you manage to do a HCB+B on a ground opponent at the corner and it hits, you can do dp+a x3 too.