Cyber Woo (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Cyber Woo (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 08:56

The King of the Monsters 2's metallic monkey returns for another fighting game. All gameplay disucssion related to him goes here.

From what's been exhibited in his moves video at the official site; he seems quite versatile with his grappling and non-grappling moves. Not to mention his supers can be quite useful and could have it's fair strategy uses; especially his 'body-split' move.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:01

In the Osaka District, known due to its important technological industry, we find the Makijima company.

"OK, all adjustments of the new technology are ready. Height: 260cm. Weight: 2 Tons. Code name: CYBER-W00. The antropoid multipurpose droid can be now activated."

All the members of the company and the Makijima Family look passively, everything is ready to activate it. The only thing left is... giving it a name.

From a flying pod, the 2nd daughter of the Makijima family shouts a name loudly, and it's inmediately accepted.

It'll be called... Cyber Woo (...)

Battle Coliseum Tournament is in the sight and Cyber Woo can't lose, for the Makijima familiy's sake!

Original translation by Nightlord (from Atomix.vg/foros)

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Wed Sep 07, 2005 07:03

I'm getting the strange feeling that no one gives a damn about the new characters.
Oh well...

Throws

Body Slam
b/n/f+ CD when up close
Basic throw. Moving on...

Command Moves

Shoulder Tackle
f+ D
Cyber Woo rams the opponent with his shoulder as he moves forward a very short distance. This move is a knockdown attack, even if you cancel into it.

Air Brake
mid-air ABC
Think of this as a double jump. The difference is, you can only jump straight up, and you cannot perform an attack during this time except for Halo Jump.

Halo Jump
during Air Brake, C
Cyber Woo dives down at a slight angle forward. Once he reaches the ground, he does a small backdash. The dive is the actual attack, which is a knockdown attack.

Special Moves

Hammer Punch
qcf+ A/C
Cyber Woo leans back, and then bends forward to smash the ground with his fists. The actual punch can hit, and this move also doubles as an earthquake, which means that standing opponents will get hit no matter where they are.

Flying Tornado
360°+ A/C when up close
An unblockable command throw. Cyber Woo grabs the opponent and rises up into the air. He then throws the opponent away once he reaches the top. Nice damage. Use this move like you would use Hugo's Moonsault Press from the Street Fighter III games.

Flying Powerbomb
dp+ B/D
Cyber Woo jumps diagonally upward into the air. If the opponent happens to be mid-air and directly in Cyber Woo's path, Cyber Woo will grab the opponent and perform a powerbomb onto the ground. If not, Cyber Woo continues to fly all the way to the other side. Use this move like you would use Hugo's Shootdown Backbreaker from the Street Fighter III games.

Rocket Bazooka
hcb,f+ A/C when up close
Another unblockable command throw. Cyber Woo grabs the opponent and fires some sort of arm cannon, blasting the opponent into the wall. The opponent bounces off the wall, leaving him/her open to attack while in mid-air. Use this move like you would use Hugo's Ultra Throw from the Street Fighter III games. (See a pattern here?)
I do have suspicions that this move has a startup delay before it actually grabs. I noticed that this move seems like it does not connect right away. And the startup delay actually has auto-guard, meaning this move could almost be like Clark's Frankensteiner or Goro Daimon's Arashi no Yama.

Roller Dash
qcf+ B/D
Cyber Woo dashes forward very fast. He has auto-guard while he is dashing, but is vulnerable during recovery.

Hasei - Shoulder Tackle
during Roller Dash, f+ B
Cyber Woo stops Roller Dash to immediately perform a Shoulder Tackle. He has auto-guard during this move.

Hasei - Kinkyuu Teishi
during Roller Dash, D
The few times I performed this move, Roller Dash would stop and Cyber Woo would do a standing D. From the name of this move, I'm guessing that it cancels Roller Dash prematurely, which would make sense. I guess I've been pressing the D button more than once or something.

Super Moves

Missile Attack
qcf,qcf+ A/C
Cyber Woo does what looks like a Shoulder Tackle. If this connects, Cyber Woo pushes the opponent all the way to the far wall, and jumps back. The entire screen turns black as Cyber Woo fires a barrage of homing missiles at the opponent. Good damage, but the move travels only a short distance, and the priority isn't all that great either. Try to use in combos. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Gatling Laser
qcb,qcb+ A/B/C/D
Cyber Woo turns into a Gatling gun, and a holographic screen is projected in front of him. The distance the screen is from Cyber Woo depends on the button pressed. The Gatling gun then fires multiple shots, hitting the opponent if he/she is within the area of the screen. This move is similar to Orochi Shermie's Mugetsu no Raiun from previous KOF games. The difference is that the startup is longer, there are multiple hits, you can tell where the area of effect will be before the actual attack, and I strongly believe that this move is unblockable. Does okay damage, as far as I can tell. This move consumes 2 Super Bars.

Spilt Attack
qcf,qcf+ B/D
This must be one of the weirdest supers I've seen. Cyber Woo actually splits into two-parts: an upper body and a lower body. The upper body will hover near the top of the screen, and the lower body will hop as it follows. Move left or right using the joystick, press A to do a spinning clothesline, and press C to punch downward. I believe that Cyber Woo cannot be harmed or affected by anything during this move, but after a while, both parts of Cyber Woo's body will blast up into space and then come back down to combine together again. Cyber Woo is most likely vulnerable when he combines, so be careful. This move consumes 3 Super Bars.

Combos

I usually follow up Rocket Bazooka with a Flying Powerbomb or a Missile Attack (you need fairly good timing to land Missile Attack, however). You can probably also use a D-Assault.
It's likely that you can follow up crouching A with a Missile Attack.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Wed Sep 07, 2005 07:45

I'm getting the strange feeling that no one gives a damn about the new characters.
You aren't alone on that notion.

Still though - The Split Attack is oddly similar to Anakaris' Dark Force in Vampire Savior; but Cyber Woo's attacks during the split seem more limited. I wonder if the end blast where both body parts fly up can hit for damage or not.

Can he link his normals into any of his special throws?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Sep 07, 2005 08:16

Hmm... He don't really seem effective going against rushdown characters.
Besides this is a new game and given that fighting the CPU now is "non new character learning" friendly, not many people are using him.

Anyway, his Hcb, fwd attack is kinda like 2k3 Ralf's Hcf kick. An autoguard grab.

Down A*2 links to Qcf*2 punch.

Down A and the grab can combo to DA too.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:42

However, i think its worth learning to use Cyber Woo. Connect his Bazooka to his Powerbomb for a good 40% - 50% damage. Ouch! His attacks hurt like crazy. All the autoguard reminds me of Maxima :grin:
How about the cancellability of his normals? I'll give him a go tonight and see how i do.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Sep 23, 2005 19:21

Jump A is a really good cross up.

d.A ticks into his 360 Grab.

Stand A is a great poke.

Circular
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Circular » Sun Oct 02, 2005 04:28

s.A really is the bestest poke in the whole wide world. Long range and lightning fast; I repeatedly hit Lee out of his supers after the super flash. Also, c.D seems like it has impressive range as well.

dp + D goes quite a ways when it whiffs. If your opponent is close, you can throw it out when you think they might jump, and land far enough away to be safe from most attacks.

What's the range like on hcb, f + P? I was having trouble pulling it off on the American-style sticks.

I'm with Empyrian as regards rushdown characters; other than s.A, I had nothing I could do against Lee.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Oct 02, 2005 07:09

Cyberwoo's most effective range is from 2/3 of a characters's space (extreme tip of d.A) to 2 character's space away (range of d.D). Typically you want to keep your opponent within this range mixing up A pokes (d.AX2 > Super/Double attack is too good), down C/D > QCF+P/ QCF+K, jump D, Flying Powerbomb.

If the opponent rushes in, best way to get him out is to wait for an opening in his attack string and do GCFS> Flying Tornado/ d.A> Super.

If you don't have level, use either a D Flying Powerbomb (over him) or a Rollerdash (under him) to create distance.

Mix up dash in d.AX2> Super and dash in Flying Tornado for offense.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 02:45

AcidicEnema wrote:
Slapper Joe wrote: I'm going to have to try nearly max-range d+D, A+B, 360 with Woo.
Would that be any faster than d+D> qcf+D> D> 360 ?
Sadly this doesn't work, cD doesn't AB cancel at all. And I've found the rollerdash-cancel awful at short range, it is way to iffy managing to cancel at the right spot, I guess it is just the move.

As for vs rushdown, Geese has shown me that straight out mashing 360+p while in blockstun works absolute wonders. If they are out of range for that to hit then the usual pokes should be used. In this case cDxxsuper is my favourite.

Tick-throws are obviously great, but jump-in a, flying powerbomb becomes a good tool if you go out of your way to telegraph the 360. Of course some characters are practically immune to tick-throws (iori and his cB anyone?) Speaking of Iori, I swear his Aoihana does extra damage against Woo.

I've also started 540ing after crouching A's much like hit-conforms in 3S. If the a's hit then you can super since the motion is buffered in, or if they are blocked you can slow down the motion a slight amount and the 360 will come out. Takes a bit of practice to stop getting qcf+ps but it does work.

jC is great air-to-ground, it is one of the few moves I've seen beat Hotaru's tenshou ranki super consistantly.

Also for laughs use Woo' lvl 3 against Mizuchi and watch how quickly those fireballs drain your life. They should of made his gorilla+artillery press slam from KotM his lvl 3.....

Lvl 1 super can occasionaly be buggy as well. If it trades hits, instead of being knocked back he can sometimes continue the super with the enemy stuck to him. No damaage if this happens. Seems to only happen when trading with low hits.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Oct 21, 2005 04:56

Slapper Joe wrote:
jC is great air-to-ground, it is one of the few moves I've seen beat Hotaru's tenshou ranki super consistantly.
I think the super is done too *early*... Then again, she's weak. No one should have problems against her. XD

Monkey's dp kick is an unfair anti air move. Have not seen it lose to any aerial attacks yet.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:49

Consistant was too strong a word. More than 50% of the time, regardless of timing is a better judgement of it (the move can be beaten out even when close to (or on) the ground, just you don't see it often.) The only other move that has that sort of luck against it appears to be the Jin's jD.

That jD is the only move that I've seen beat out the air-grab, even so that was only because it was late. People here have learnt to only jump towards Woo when applying corner pressure or when attempting to avoid a grab... Oh, or when their name is Mudman....

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Oct 21, 2005 20:06

Empyrian wrote:
Monkey's dp kick is an unfair anti air move. Have not seen it lose to any aerial attacks yet.
Er, Kim's jump D done early beats it. I'm sure there are others too.

Slapper Joe wrote: In this case cDxxsuper is my favourite.

But why c.D> Super? Crouch A is faster, and outside the Crouch A's range, the super will whiff anyway.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 23:28

AcidicEnema wrote: But why c.D> Super? Crouch A is faster, and outside the Crouch A's range, the super will whiff anyway..
Was talking about punishing stuff outside range 0. qcfx2+c travels over half the screen, wiffing isn't an issue. If you were talking about not comboing, true, it's won't from max range, but it does hit from about sA range and less.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Wed Jan 11, 2006 04:17

I like Cyber Woo...Cyber woo takes work though...but he/she is definately fun to use!!!!!!