Shiki (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Shiki (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 08:50

One of the more popular characters from the Samurai Showdown 64 series comes back for another crossover, after her unfortunate performance in SvC Chaos. All gameplay related stuff goes here.

So far, her movelist is the same as in SvC plus her dp+slash has changed a bit to tack in more hits. She can combo a lot better now, as exhibited in the 'VS' vid at the official site.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Sat Jun 11, 2005 17:48

She can use her teleport in mid-air now.

Also, early reports claimed that she lost her Fwd + A chain, but this was never confirmed.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:39

Shiki, the half-shadow woman transformed into a marionette, manipulated by the evil emperor Yuga.

WAREZ is very interested in Yuga and his attempts to create a new god of darkness, with the union of the positive and negative principles of the world. Also they're interested in the other 2 people summoned from another dimension. They expect to obtain, from that useful data, ideas for the research and development of new weapons.

Onmarin and Youshinrin. With her two swords at hand, Shiki goes on with her solo battles.

To return to Yuga's hand, Shiki's controller.
To return to the world of shadows.

Original translation by Nightlord.

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Sun Sep 11, 2005 07:25

Shiki certainly did get toned down in this game. Her special moves just aren't what they used to be, and I'm greatly disappointed by the absence of her excellent command moves from SvC Chaos (f+ A and f+ B are no more). However, she's still reasonably powerful, with a variety of moves and a unique fighting style.

Throws

Ze Mu
b/n/f+ CD when up close
Basic throw. Moving on...

Special Moves

Ten Hourin
dp+ A/B/C (can also be done in mid-air)
Shiki spins upward with her swords slicing through the air. The same move from SvC Chaos, except that this move now has some horizontal range (which makes it a bit riskier if blocked). And sadly, this move seems to have less priority than in SvC Chaos.

Tsuyu Harai
qcb+ A/B/C
Shiki dashes forward in a blur, and slashes her swords when she reappears. Hits low, obviously. The same move from SvC Chaos, except that she moves forward a bit when she slashes.

Shizuku Gari
during Tsuyu Harai, A/B/C (might be specifically the button you used for Tsuyu Harai)
Shiki jumps in the air and does a backflip while swiping her swords upward. The same move from SvC Chaos, except that she can now follow up this move with other moves. If I keep mashing qcb+ A/B/C over and over again during Tsuyu Harai, I find that Shizuku Gari, Ten Hourin, and Kourin will come out in sequence. Ten Hourin does not seem to connect, but Kourin does.

Mei Ge
qcb+ D
Shiki hops forward while doing a front flip, swinging her leg downward. This move is an overhead. Unlike in SvC Chaos, Shiki only has the overhead knockdown version of this move in NBC.

Mumyou
hcb,f+ D when up close
Shiki grabs the opponent and appears to be casting a spell. In addition to inflicting damage, this move causes the opponent's directions to be reversed. This effect will last until Shiki is hit or the opponent switches with his/her partner. Basically the same move from SvC Chaos.

Kourin
mid-air qcb+ A/B/C
Shiki flies downward while slashing in front of her. I noticed that, compared to SvC Chaos, this move has significantly shorter startup time in NBC, although the move itself seems to be slower. Also, whenever I played Shiki, I found that mid-air qcf+ A/B/C also works. However, I'd still do qcb just to be on the safe side.

Setsuna
d,d+ A/B/C/D
Shiki disappears in a flash of light, and reappears somewhere else on the screen. Same concept from SvC Chaos, except that the C and D buttons make her reappear in the air (kinda like Strider Hiryu from the Marvel vs. Capcom games). Basic teleport move.

Super Moves

Tenma Hajun
qcb,hcf+ A/B/C
Shiki dashes forward very quickly. If this move connects, she slashes the opponent multiple times and finishes it off with a particularly damaging Ten Hourin. This is the exact same move from SvC Chaos. The A-version of this move has the least startup time, while the C-version has the most. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Shiki Shu
qcb,hcf+ D
Shiki dashes forward very quickly. If this move connects, she jumps onto the opponent and slashes his/her neck. Then Shiki, not to be outdone by Hotaru Futaba, does her own version of the "orgasm super" and sits on top of the supine opponent. A burst of energy occurs and Shiki's life is restored at the expense of the opponent's. This is the exact same move from SvC Chaos. I've noticed that she doesn't regain much yellow life, but the amount of red life she regains is substantial. Also, I can't say for sure, but I think Shiki regains a lot more yellow life from this move if her partner is defeated. This move consumes 2 Super Bars.

Combos

Despite the loss of Shiki's command moves, she still has a super combo that's fairly easy to do:
jumping D, crouching A, crouching B (2 hits), qcb,hcf+ A/D
The cool thing about this combo is that you can start from any point in this combo (except the qcb,hcf+ A/D, obviously) and the rest will still connect.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:36

Combo: down A, down D, qcb C, C, dp B, qcb B.

Qcb Hcf C is a very good move esp as anti air. It has upper body invincibility. You can use it to go through non ground projectile too.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 18:28

Empyrian wrote:Combo: down A, down D, qcb C, C, dp B, qcb B.
Couldn't get the air qcb+B to connect.... Issue of wrong timing?

Found out you can super cancel the qcb+P.... :D Which is nice I think. (Buffering anybody? qcb+P, hcf+P .....)

btw. what is better c.A, c.B or c.A, c.D ? I found the D having less range than the B but maybe there's still anything going for the c.D ??
Circular wrote:Qcb Hcf C is a very good move esp as anti air. It has upper body invincibility. You can use it to go through non ground projectile too.
Confirmed.

But I also have some questions about Shiki: qcb+P didn't seem safe on block.... Maybe qcb+A but it has crap range.... even missed it a few time out of c.A, c.B/D as far as I remember.
What do you do safely if enemy blocks c.A, c.B/D ? qcb+D is an option and your opp. might fall for it occasionally but if he stands up you're in not too good position.... So anything more safely?

Btw. D-Color of Shiki IS BAD-ASS!

c.A is very nice poke and is nicely abuseable.

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:25

You gotta be kidding about Shiki being toned down just because she lost her command attacks and her teleports being less useful. Shiki's blazing fast here, and if you get her Mumyou throw in, it lasts for quite a while unless Shiki gets hit. Although slow, her far C is cancelable now, and her Shikiju despite doing low damage, actually heals her current and red health. Get that in, switch out, and watch your opponent scream. She's my front line as well as insurance policy if I want to fight Goodman, as I can keep her health above 80% all the time by using the Shikiju.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 15:16

I fiddled about Shiki yesterday and hung on to it for some time :D

You know what's cool in case nobody didn't realize so far, near.HK is overhead!!
When I found out I tried everything to capitalize properly from a hit near.HK because it stuns the opponent long enough to follow up with Shiki's normals but I couldn't find out anything useful at first to connect after a near.HK.
But I did find something later :) You can do near.HK, near.HP (2Hit) and then the normal Super won't connect but the Level 2 Orgasm thingy does! :D It's fast enough which lead's to:

n.HK (overhead), n.HP (2Hit) xx qcb,hcf+K

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Dec 24, 2005 15:40

Nasty... may I add that information into the NGBC guide?

Speaking of which, Shiki sure is powerful, and she can close distances very quickly with her qcb+C. She gets boring fast, but she's one of my top picks for serious matches.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sun Dec 25, 2005 00:02

Tel wrote:Nasty... may I add that information into the NGBC guide?
You may. I'd like to support your excellent work :D
Give a small credit to me, if possible. ;)
Tel wrote:She gets boring fast, ....
Boring fast? What do you mean by that? What can be "boring" about a fast character?? I do not get the sense here :)

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Dec 25, 2005 06:09

I mean, you get bored using Shiki quickly as she doesn't have much variety in combos. She's one mean rushdown character, and it's near impossible to play keepaway against a good Shiki user. But once she hits, her combos are pretty much the same.

Will credit you on that note. Thanks very much!

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 03:06

The qcb+b in the air for Shikis combo Empyrian listed has to be done early when she does her twirl thing in the air...as far as I know DONT let it finish bc if the twirl finishes you WHIFf..

That combo is great esp in the corner bc it resets the opponent..and you can use that to setup up her command grab. Sounds like a combo to throw mixup doesnt it???

The com grab can be comboed off a St. C however.