Lee Pailong (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Lee Pailong (NGBC)

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:14

Talk about the first SNK claw man before Choi who managed to cure hemorrhoids (according to SNK's translators) and was drawn differently than other characters in his first game here.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:16

You know, pal... it would be better if you put some extra info. about the character... ;3

EDIT:

-Can he do air combos like CvS2 Kyosuke? :0
-A lot of his AOF1 moves are still in this game... toned up for the engine, of course :)

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:20

The White Dragon has been famous in a lot of years, because of his miraclous remedies. But WAREZ's hand has extended its hand to Lee Pai Long, the man behind the place's success.

"If you kindly show us the formula of your remedies, we can trade it for a considerable amount of money. But if you don't..."

WAREZ frequently tried to force Lee to distribute drugs at his business and to reveal the secrets of his medicines. Previewing the consequences, Lee controlled his acts and he resisted everything, but when the danger reached his family, it was too much.

"This youngmen finished with my patience. Hyoo!!"

The legendary acrobatic claw has been resurrected. The Cherry Tree White Dragon has decided to return to the battle, even when he's 70.

Original translation by Nightlord.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Aug 31, 2005 18:14

- A> B> C chain combo can be followed up with both specials and supers. People who played Yun in 3rd Strike should get used to the timing and use of this chain pretty fast. You need to start the chain really close.
> Stand A misses some crouching characters (e.g., Iori).
- A links into far C, but far C isn’t cancellable
- 360+P is a scum gale like grab that sets up a free combo.
- Has a crossover kick just like Iori’s. Jump Back+D.

Combos:
- d.B> d.A> back (charge) forward+ A or HCF+ B

(You have to start charging earlier in the combo if you want to do the first special)

- Stand A> B> C> HCF+K or QCFX 2+ P
- Stand A> B> C> HCF+D> QCFX 2+ P
> Feel free to skip the stand A>B.
> Second combo super cancels into his air super.

- Stand C> Foward, back, forward+ P

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Mon Oct 03, 2005 19:14

Close stand D *launches* the opponent for him. You can hit them in the air after that.

Does anybody know how to do the follow up to the F> B> F+ P? I tried qcf+ same punch many many times, and it doesn't work. Driving me crazy.

Stand D and crouch D are great pokes, crouch C is his main anti-air.

By and by, Lee remains me of Gen from the Alpha series a lot. Poke with heavy attacks, then combo off jabs and shorts when you get in.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Oct 04, 2005 02:44

AcidicEnema wrote:Close stand D *launches* the opponent for him. You can hit them in the air after that.

Does anybody know how to do the follow up to the F> B> F+ P? I tried qcf+ same punch many many times, and it doesn't work. Driving me crazy.

Stand D and crouch D are great pokes, crouch C is his main anti-air.

By and by, Lee remains me of Gen from the Alpha series a lot. Poke with heavy attacks, then combo off jabs and shorts when you get in.
Just a few things I noticed

f,b,f +a must be cancelled with qcf a and it must be done quick. There are two parts to the f,b,f +p moves, where there is a very slight pause between the hits. The qcf +p must be done before the pause.

Anyways if you do f,b,f +a and cancel with qcf +a, the only thing you can do after that is super jump and do special. If you do the C version then you can hit the opponent in the air.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Oct 08, 2005 05:44

Thanks, managed to do the cancel...

I don't think your information is fully accurate tho. If i'm not wrong, fbf+ C cannot be comboed off crouch A right? There's a video out there with Lee doing c.B>c.A>c.A> fbf+P> (cancel) Super jump> j.A> j.B> j.C

So unless i'm missing something, it *is* possible to air combo after the A version... only guessing tho.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sat Oct 08, 2005 09:29

AcidicEnema wrote:Thanks, managed to do the cancel...

I don't think your information is fully accurate tho. If i'm not wrong, fbf+ C cannot be comboed off crouch A right? There's a video out there with Lee doing c.B>c.A>c.A> fbf+P> (cancel) Super jump> j.A> j.B> j.C

So unless i'm missing something, it *is* possible to air combo after the A version... only guessing tho.
if you find out how to hit the opponent in the air with fbf +A, lemme know, cos I cant do it. But I can do the crossover with jump D, then stand C into fbf +C, cancel and then do the air hits.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Oct 09, 2005 07:07

AcidicEnema wrote:Thanks, managed to do the cancel...

u can do 2-3 s.A (depending if u did the hook jump D) and it can be comboed into fbf A/C.

I managed to (cancel) Super jump> j.A> j.B> j.C after fbf C but not A.

you can (cancel) Super jump into his air DM after fbf A and C versions.

HTH

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:31

Right now, Lee is my favourite character in the game. His stand D and crouch D are some of the best pokes in the game if you space them out correctly. You must learn the max range of the stand D, and space it out with crouch Bs to get the best mileage from it. Once you land a crouch D, he's got lots of pressure options on wake up.

Rush down wise, he feels a lot of Iori from 2k3, with his grab, poke combos, and cross up (which hits crouchers easier than Iori's does).

Stand D moves forward a bit. Has lower body invulnerability, like Kyo's stand D.

360 grab has very short range but recovers fast. Lots of times, when opponents jumped to avoid it, I'd recover first, and crouch D them as they land to set up another cross up/ grab attack.

Learning the range of his jump is very rewarding, since you can jump in from around the max distance, after knockdowns, hold forward, and hit D at the last moment for a very ambigious cross up/ deep jump D.

Jump back+D has some *very* wierd properties in the corner. I've seen him kick opponents in *front* of him with it.

What do you guys do after landing the 360 grab? I normally do A>B>C>HCF+D, since stand C> FBF+ C misses a *lot*.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Oct 16, 2005 14:54

AcidicEnema wrote: What do you guys do after landing the 360 grab? I normally do A>B>C>HCF+D, since stand C> FBF+ C misses a *lot*.
hello, after u press C, try doing a f,hcf C instead of fbf C.... for some weird reason, it seems to work.

give it a go

;)

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Oct 16, 2005 19:56

Derrick wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote: What do you guys do after landing the 360 grab? I normally do A>B>C>HCF+D, since stand C> FBF+ C misses a *lot*.
hello, after u press C, try doing a f,hcf C instead of fbf C.... for some weird reason, it seems to work.

give it a go

;)
No, I don't mean the move not coming out, I mean the fbf+C not hitting in the middle of the move. After the first few hits of the fbf+C, the opponent suddenly gets pushed out of range of the rest of the hits.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 19, 2005 16:55

AcidicEnema wrote:
Derrick wrote:

give it a go

;)
No, I don't mean the move not coming out, I mean the fbf+C not hitting in the middle of the move. After the first few hits of the fbf+C, the opponent suddenly gets pushed out of range of the rest of the hits.
hmm, that happens to me some times as well, maybe it's timing of the fbf punch after the C or how close u are to the opponent when you did your standing C.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Sun Dec 31, 2006 06:37

Crouching D and standing D are excellent pokes none the less. Both work as good poke string enders.

His b + D is much better than Iori's. Wider hit-box, more range and MUST BE BLOCKED HIGH, unlike Iori's which can be blocked low believe it or not.

Jumping C can also cross-up, but the hit-box is slim to none for it and no point for it as a cross-up when u have b + D. But a good jump-in none the less.

Cr. B, Cr. Ax2 is an excellent way to verify a DA Assault

HCF + D whiffs on crouching chars

Standing A, B, C is the best way to verify a super.

Lee is quite safe when alot of his moves are blocked. For instance, b, f + P, hcf + B, air super, qcfx2+P

the air super (qcfx2 +P in air) has mad frame advantage

Standing close B MUST BE BLOCKED LOW. When used in the chain it CAN be blocked low.

Cr. B, cr. Ax2, b, f + A (blocked) is an excellent poke string
cr. B, cr. Ax2, sweep or standing D (blocked) also works but not as safe imo
cr. B, cr. Ax2, dash up throw or command throw (should be possible but I cant verify that)
cr. B, cr. Ax2, dash up and start all over again
if cr. B hits
cr. A, hcf + B or b, f + A

these poke strings also work well after a blocked air super

now only imagine if Lee could Hyper Hop like in XI, my god would he be beastly :crazy:

ultimate faust
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by ultimate faust » Wed Feb 21, 2007 05:13

his HCF+ feirce kick is great, if blocked, you can super cancel BEHIND him, thus making it a crossup, you can hit this right in the middle of their head, so who knows where it will hit, and after his aerial super connects with a grounded opponent, you can connect with a standing fierce (close) into f,b,f FP into any air combo of your choice, and, his supers are pretty safe.....