Asura (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Thu Nov 17, 2005 16:36

umgogo wrote:The mook lists these combos in addition to the one posted above:

hcb+B (Nommam counter activated, presumably) or qcb, hcf+D (L1 Legna-Hcra) into qcf+C (triple arrow Suedomsa) or qcb, hcf+B (L2 Natas)
Hmmm still dun get it... after u perform his DM Grab it takes time for asura to recover and the move knocks down, how can u chain his dm grab to triple arrow? Dun u think qcf+C wont hit a downed opp? it's pretty laggy! i also doubt his spiky counter to triple arrow will combo as well. Legna hcra to natas seems more possible I will try it later on.

I think asura has spent a quite a lot of money on hair bleaching products hehe Changes his hair color every now and then hahaha

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 16:43

Please don't double post...if you want to add stuff to your reply use the edit function.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Nov 17, 2005 16:53

Franz Bonaparta wrote: BTW, enirrev&jump B have a pretty good air to air priority, dun know much about his air to ground, since i dun jump much w/ asura except for setting up 4 his DM grab. Still waitin for additional inputs plz heheh
Hmm, his Lisserg (d+D) does have decent range, but I wouldn't say it's an amazing air-to-ground. I don't jump much with Asura either, but his jumping C is easily the strongest in the game. As far as I've seen, his jumping C beats out any SS and Last Blade characters' jumping C if timed well. I surprised a lot of people (myself included) by winning a lot of jump-in matches using him when my opponents were using characters with strong jump ins like Iori and Kim.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Thu Nov 17, 2005 18:45

ooo crap sry mr admin wont happen again next time...
BTW Tel, i meant to say jump down+B ,geez his movelist names are hard to remember :?
So i better of using jump C instead for air to air combat? Will they trade hits with say K's jump D which has ubber priority or will asura's jump c beat them?

Can u do GCFs to his DM grab a la Tabassa/geese in svc??

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 04:07

Franz Bonaparta wrote: So i better of using jump C instead for air to air combat? Will they trade hits with say K's jump D which has ubber priority or will asura's jump c beat them?

Can u do GCFs to his DM grab a la Tabassa/geese in svc??
Definitely use jump C for air-to-air. I've beaten Iori's jump D with this.

I think you can GCFS into Legna-Hcra, but it may come out too slow, so opponent may be able to jump.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Dec 28, 2005 22:50

For those of you who still give a damn abt this game and Asura, I'm about to list almost all of available asura combos... The list revolves around asra's weird qcb,hcf+B juggle property! Most of these following combos are done with B version natas and all other version will simply WHIFF!!!!! So u guys use the b version ok??
COMBOS WITH:
d+A:
d+a,b+D, DoubleAssault
d+A,back+D,db+D (shit dmg, nice poke though)

d+B:
d+B,db+C,dp+A/B depending on the range
d+B,db+C, B Version natas (VERY EASY&DAMAGING! Has to be really close though)
d+B(1hit), B version natas

stand+B
stand+B, qcf+A
Stand+B, dp+A
ETC ETC.. u get the idea rite?? stand C,dp+A etc etc......

HCB+B counter triggered:
HCB+B counter triggered, qcf+B...easy!! Just do qcf+B as soon as the spikes come out
HCB+B counter triggered, dp+A...same as above

FLASHY STUFF (Will hardly work on normal matches.. more of Combo video thingy)

Corner only:

HCB+B counter triggered, dp+A, qcb,hcf+B natas!!
Opp has 2 be in the corner, be close to the opp, however space urself so that dp+A will hit after the counter has been triggered! DO NOT super cancel his dp+A into natas,it will surely whiff 99% of the time! Take ur time and do not rush!! As i said b4 use the B version natas only!!

d+b,db+C, dp+A, qcb, hcf+B natas!!
Opp has 2 be in the corner,be close to the opp, however space urself so that dp+A will hit after the counter has been triggered! DO NOT super cancel his dp+A into natas,it will surely whiff 99% of the time! Take ur time and do not rush!! As i said b4 use the B version natas only!!

Those two combos do 55% damage, it takes A LITTLE BIT of time and patience to pull out the combos, however the combos are legit and 100% guaranteed on hit

NOW HERE COME THE FLASHIEST ASURA COMBOS
1.corner, d+b,db+C, (dp+A) X 3 U read it... 3 times!! This combo is pretty easy to pull out when u know the spacing!!!
First,position ur enemy in the corner... place urself nearby ur opponent, make sure u give enough space so that dp+A will hit!! The easiest way to make sure ur in the right position is to press b+D, if it hits at its maximum possible reach, ur in the right position! perform the combo at a moderate speed!! The key is to try to hit ur opp with two dp+A! If u whiff ur wayyy to slow!!!! If the second dp+a hits Over the ground (OTG) ur a bit slow in doing the dp+As!!The second dp+a MUST JUGGLE ur opponent! The third dp+A ALWAYS hits OTG!! Hitting the 2nd dp to 3rd dp is very easy!!

2.This is the hardest and the most damaging asura combo that i know... might call it 17-hit from hell!!
corner, d+b,db+C, DP+A,DP+A supercancel qcb,hcf+B natas!!! 60%+ damage, 17 hits! The technique is exactly the same as the one listed above! However the tricky part is SCing the second dp+a to B ver natas!!! Remeber, in order for this combo 2 work, the 2nd DP MUST juggle ur opponent. This combo is really hard, it requires fast fingers and patience LOL! I might upload the sample combos in the future!!

In the meantime if u have any questions or corrections just post them here @ the forum

Hane

Post by Hane » Thu Dec 29, 2005 02:29

He has an infinite..really easy one..just repeat the thing where he sticks the knife and it comes out

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:21

Please do upload a couple of Asura vids. I'm simply horrid with this guy, but I love his design. He may not be amazing in NGBC, but if they put the same character back into a 2D SS game, he would rule.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Jan 04, 2006 09:18

Nope the max is 3... the 4th wont connect if ur opponent does a recovery roll... Tried to do more than 3 times but only the first&2nd dp+a juggles... 3rd one cant be recovery rolled... and afterwards they will hit otg and easily escapeable. Trying to record the combos in the meantime...

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 02:59

Why are u guys using DP+a if you are talking about the infinite? Its with DP+B..and yes they can rec. roll BUT if you have a super that setups up the Unblockable with C....

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:49

Dark Geese wrote:Why are u guys using DP+a if you are talking about the infinite? Its with DP+B..and yes they can rec. roll BUT if you have a super that setups up the Unblockable with C....
Err... Dark geese, well we were discussin abt it, the difference is dp b gives 3 hits and relaunches ur opponent after they've touched da ground, makin dp*b^n looks like an infinite when it only hits OTG after the third dp*B. if u substitute dp*b w/ a u'll understand what im talkin abt...

I think there's no need for me to record the combos since uve got it all @ http://01uunz.com/archives/nbc/nbc_asura.html

Interseting how down+b is comboale after a close stand C(1hit). Hmmm stand c. down+b, db+c, dp+a, dp+a *sc b natas is asura's most damaging combo after all...

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Wed Jun 28, 2006 22:38

Good stuff.