Mai (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Mai (NGBC)

Post by Photon » Fri Jun 10, 2005 23:49

Someone beat me to making a Shermie one (;_;), so I'll have to settle.

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Mon Sep 05, 2005 03:00

No one cares about Mai either, huh? Too bad, because it looks like she's a very powerful character in NBC.

As usual, here's a movelist based on my experiences with her.

Throws

Fuusha Kuzushi
b/n/f+ CD when up close
Basic throw. The one where Mai grabs the opponent's head between her feet and slams the opponent to the other side.

Yume Sakura
mid-air CD when up close
Mai's air throw. I haven't actually connected with this move, but I'm assuming it's the same as in the previous KOF games.

Command Moves

Benitsuru no Mai
df+ B
Mai slides along the floor and then sweeps the opponent with her other foot. Hits low, but you already knew that. Like in previous KOF games, she can cancel into other moves after the first hit.

Tsubaki no Mai
f+ B/D
Mai does a drop kick with both feet, similar to her CD attack in previous KOF games. f+ B is identical to her previous CD attack, while f+ D makes her hop forward while doing the drop kick. I'm not quite sure if this move is an overhead. However, it does have combo potential, as I'll explain later.

Dairin Fuusha Otoshi
mid-air d+ A
Mai does a downward hammerfist with both hands. I'm assuming it's the same as in the previous KOF games, so it's a knockdown attack if the opponent is in mid-air.

Uki Hane
mid-air d+ B
Mai does a small hop in mid-air and floats straight down, smashing the opponent with her knee. As in previous KOF games, this move is an overhead. Nice as a confusion tactic or as a cross-up move.

Yusura Ume
mid-air d+ D
Mai floats down with her butt sticking out, knocking the opponent down. As in previous KOF games, this move is an overhead. Nice as a surprise attack or as a cross-up move.

Sankaku Tobi
mid-air uf when next to a wall
You already know the whole "jumping off the wall" thing. At least, I hope you do.

Special Moves

Kachou Sen
qcf+ A/C
Mai throws a fan at the opponent. You already knew that.

Ryuu Enbu
qcb+ A/C
Mai spins while whipping her flaming tailcloths. You already knew that, too.

Sayo Chidori
qcb+ B/D
Mai swings her fan downward in a wide arc. I don't know if this move can cancel into any other moves like in some previous KOF games.

Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi
hcf+ B/D
Mai does a cartwheel and charges at the opponent with her elbow sticking out. Once again, you already knew that.

Musasabi no Mai - Kyo
charge d,u+ A/C
Mai jumps to the wall and then jumps off of it. You should tap the A or C button when performing this move, since pressing it too long will make her do the Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu. Also, if you're too close to the wall you're about to jump to, you may not have enough time to release the button and Mai will do the Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu anyway. While in mid-air, you can perform the Dairin Fuusha Otoshi, the Uki Hane, the Yusura Ume, or the Toki Tsubute. I think you can also do the Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu by inputting qcb+ A/C.

Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu
charge d,u+ A/C (hold A/C, or press A/C when Mai reaches the wall) or mid-air qcb+ A/C
If performed in mid-air, Mai flies quickly downward at an angle. If performed on the ground, Mai jumps to the wall and then flies quickly downward at an angle. Same stuff as in previous KOF games.

Toki Tsubute
during Musasabi no Mai - Kyo, CD
I haven't actually connected with this move, but I'm assuming it's the same as in the previous KOF games, which means the opponent would have to be in mid-air and you'd have to be close to him/her when you attempt this move.

Super Moves

Chou Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi
qcb,hcf+ B/D
Despite what some of the Japanese movelists say, you cannot perform this super with the A or C button. As you know, Mai does a more powerful version of her Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi. It's the same as Mai's usual DM in previous KOF games, so use it as such. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Kagerou no Mai
qcf,qcf+ A/C
Mai summons a column of flame that temporarily surrounds her. I believe it's possible to juggle the opponent afterwards if this move connects. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Gekka Midare Botan
mid-air qcf,qcf+ A/C
Well, this move is new. Mai flies downward like in Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu. If this move connects, she then mounts the opponent's head, as what appear to be ghostlike illusions of Mai rip through the opponent at rapid speed. After that, a huge explosion occurs as Mai jumps off the opponent. One of my favorite supers so far. Use this move like you would use Leona's V-Slasher. This move consumes 2 Super Bars.

Combos

I did this combo once when I was trying new stuff with Mai:
close C, Tsubaki no Mai, Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu
I forgot which button I pressed for Tsubaki no Mai (might've been the D button). If Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu can connect, then chances are that Gekka Midare Botan can also connect, since both moves follow roughly the same flight pattern. If that's the case, you can replace Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu with Gekka Midare Botan. Then you would have a very nice super combo there.

It's likely that Mai still has her old combos from previous KOF games, the ones using moves like Benitsuru no Mai and C-version Ryuu Enbu. Try it.

beast00
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by beast00 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 04:58

Iori E wrote:Combos

I did this combo once when I was trying new stuff with Mai:
close C, Tsubaki no Mai, Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu
I forgot which button I pressed for Tsubaki no Mai (might've been the D button). If Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu can connect, then chances are that Gekka Midare Botan can also connect, since both moves follow roughly the same flight pattern. If that's the case, you can replace Musasabi no Mai - Jitsu with Gekka Midare Botan. Then you would have a very nice super combo there.
Mai-Jitsu can super cancel into Gekka Midare Botan. It's in one of the videos, though I haven't done it successfully yet.

soujiro
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:(EX)Hentai Bukkake Master =D
Currently Playing:Blazblue:CS (PS3) & SSF4 (XBOX360)
XBL:TCH soujiro
PSN:JUNHUA

Post by soujiro » Thu Sep 29, 2005 06:38

Mai is very strong this time round.

Her combo stand C,fwd+kick,QCB+punch ,cancel into QCFx2+C damage is insane. :o

2 of this combos on a character and his gone~!!
But Mai's standnear C is a bit slow this time.Everytime when an opponent jumps above me,I tried using close stand C but always get hit instead. :?

And I still hate her dwn.fwd+B move.Short distance like KOF03.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 18:39

Man.... I pulled that n.C, f+B xx qcb+P (SC) xx 2qcf+P off sometimes during the last two days but it as many times failed me.... What punch button strength work?? I think when I tried it with qcb+A xx 2qcf+A it didn't connect.... Must have been another combination of button strengths.... WHICH is it, please?? I can't remember and want to know for sure.

--Blast

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:51

I'm beginning to think it might only work when in the corner. Coz it doesnt come anywhere near connecting in mid-screen.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Oct 04, 2005 14:57

It connects anywhere on screen, I never tried the A versions, but I do qcb C(air) SC qcfx2 C and it usually doesnt fail.

soujiro
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:(EX)Hentai Bukkake Master =D
Currently Playing:Blazblue:CS (PS3) & SSF4 (XBOX360)
XBL:TCH soujiro
PSN:JUNHUA

Post by soujiro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 03:05

Yap, Geese is right.Always use the C version when and whatever you do.
It connects everywhere on screen bcuz Mai's dives in a very far and open angle.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Wed Jun 07, 2006 05:14

I like a small combo, like jump in, d+A, qcb+C XX qcf,qcf+P which does like 45-50% damage. Her d+A's hit stun is wonderfully enough to combo with her Musasabi no Mai, consequently cancel into her wonderfully sexual super. Also, df+B is cancellable into the Ryuu en Bu (qcb+P) which if timed right will cancel after both hits (tricky if not in the corner) into her Chou Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi (qcb,hcf+K for those living under a KOF-proof rock since '96).

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Wed Jun 28, 2006 18:16

Blastrezz, when doing that combo with Mai, do this to get it everytime..

St.Cxxf+B,qcb+Axxqcfx2p w/C.